Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cupcakes seperating from cases

Options
  • 02-09-2012 12:36pm

My girlfriend loves baking but has the following query: basically when she makes mini cupcakes in foil cases, when they come out of the oven and start to cool, the bun seperates from the case.

The same issue does not occur in paper cases, only the foil ones.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

It depends on the case I am afraid. It is not just foil ones that separate away from the cake. I bake these a lot and have found through trial and error which ones work best. I am just back from the States with enough cases to paper the entire house so I won't be buying here for a while but if you are ever in Belfast, Lakeland have brilliant cases that stick and in great colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ghartley

sometimes it is the actual cases that are the problem, other times it the batter for the cupcakes. if the batter is very moist it can come away from the sides of the cases. try a different recipe and see does that work

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Is this not a good thing? I hate when you pull away a paper case and there is a loads of the cake stuck to the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I find that the foil cases tend to come away but when I asked the chap at my cake shop he said to leave them to cool in the tin rather than taking them out and they'll hold their shape and should stay stuck.

Advertisement