Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do accountants charge per hour? I just need some advice?

Options
  • 02-09-2012 12:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭

I know a quite a lot on the subject already, but i need more advice on the legalities pertaining to being a sole trader with bank accounts, tax, VAT and a few other things in relation to proceeding like keeping books etc. My local enterprise board gave me an appointment a couple of months back with an accountant where i took some notes, but now right when i'm ready to commence there is quite a few things i need to have cleared up. How much would it set me back if i was to arrange a meeting with an accountant, or can you hire one online for a bit less? After other expenses i don't have a lot to put into it so looking for some tips if possible.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I pay an accountant e1000 on a yearly basis. He does the company annual returns, provides general advice whenever needed, and also handles my personal tax affairs.

Note however he does not do the day to day bookkeeping. Fee would depend on how complex your accounts are, mine are pretty simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

What do you want to know? Accountants will charge you by the minute so anything you can find out beforehand, the more you'll save. ;)

I've been a sole trader for years (and no longer use an accountant).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Try Moroney Accountants in Limerick.David is a top bloke and is great for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭capefear

Hi ByronB

Ask your questions on boards and you'll get all the help you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AnthonyCasey

MOD SNIP : No advertising please!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Hi Byron, my current accountant and myself prior to me retaining her services did a one off meeting to sort through the mess my previous accountants had made of my accounts. Given the amount of work and advice she gave the fee was a bargain, if I remember rightly it came in under 200.

I was so impressed by her diligence and tax knowledge I've been with her since but I reckon she would be more than happy to meet up for a once off or possibly do it via email once you've agreed fee etc.

If you want her contact details pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Annabananna

Mod Snip: No advertising please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

VAT returns are simple. Should be no problem doing them yourself OP. simple maths. All you need is your annual returns done most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

srsly78 wrote: »
    I pay an accountant e1000 on a yearly basis. He does the company annual returns, provides general advice whenever needed, and also handles my personal tax affairs.

Note however he does not do the day to day bookkeeping. Fee would depend on how complex your accounts are, mine are pretty simple.

Any chance you could pm me your accountants details? Im based in Dublin, so no point if you're miles away. Seems like a good price to me.

Advertisement