Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

• 02-09-2012 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Anyone else looking forward to this? I've been following some on the footage that's being released on Youtube over the last few days, as the NDA has just been removed.

Battles of over 2000 players in the same map, amazing looking weapon and player customisation, massive maps, and free-to-play...:D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

ha just came here to start a thread on it myself. Oh my god the game looks amazing! Can't wait for it. Does anyone know how to get a beta key for it? I signed up to it ages ago but don't know if I'll get into that. We need to get the whole Craggy crew into it so we can get a nice platoon going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Yeah I signed up as well. I'd say it won't be too long til they start giving out keys, as the NDA was just released Friday I think.

Major question though, is there some kind of C4 in this? :P

THERE IS! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Major question though, is there some kind of C4 in this? :P

Yes, and lots of other stuff.

Game is amazing so far, in beta few weeks now and having a ball!

• Advertisement

Nice! How did you get in the beta? Any spare keys? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

can't wait to get in, been searching for a beta key the last couple of days and no luck :( there was a give away yesterday but it was us and canada only, tried a proxy but couldn't get it to work! there has to be a boards outfit :)

and ktulu123, you can even strap c4 to a vehicle :D

Sweet! That will be done :) Yeah a Boards clan/platoon or whatever their called will be formed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got my veteran beta access couple of weeks ago, its going to be some game once finished.

By the way theres large thread over on the massively multiplayer forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

2000 people in same map, sounds very cool, but what will be the real numbers with CODfishbrain people in it too.
    all this always sounds great on a paper ( MAG etc ), but very rarely works as intended.

still looking forward and OFC i will give it a go. :P

2000 people in same map, sounds very cool, but what will be the real numbers with CODfishbrain people in it too.
    all this always sounds great on a paper ( MAG etc ), but very rarely works as intended.

still looking forward and OFC i will give it a go. :P

It worked in Planetside 1 it will work in Planetside 2 :)

Nice! How did you get in the beta? Any spare keys? :P

Check PM ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

KilOit wrote: »
    Check PM ;)

got any more?

got any more?

Sign up to twitter and follow @planetside2 and just ask for a key, i'm not sure how long it would take to get access from a twitter key though. I'm using a veteran account.

got any more?
    Yeah, share the love :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

live game play at pax

sweet, i got in tonight, planetside here i come!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Giving out keys on twitch, been on ages and still no key.

PM me an extras, i'm unlikely to get in any other way.

Unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Im in the beta its pretty fun so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Anyone got a spare key?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Already a pretty lengthy thread for this in the MMO forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056558888&page=12

That mmo forum is hopeless, planetside doesn't really target the general mmo population. It's more for the battlefield/call of duty crowd, it's completely free too

KilOit wrote: »
    That mmo forum is hopeless, planetside doesn't really target the general mmo population. It's more for the battlefield/call of duty crowd, it's completely free too

Its an mmo for sure and always has been.
    The planning and tactics involved in large guilds of 100-200 + members all assaulting in a planned manner fits right in with the mmo pvp player.
    Back in PS1 i was in a guild/clan who regularly ran battles with 100+ people on voice comms, with a few leaders so to speak directing things.
    Planetside is unique in the sence that it can attract both mmo and the BF/COD crowd as you put it, although your average run and gun cod player wont get far it they treat it like cod.

You can still approach it with a lone wolf attidude, was doing s bit of rocket spamming in my scythe yesterday for an hour or 2 with the scythe timer implant, good craic! Felt very much like bf3 flying only 10 times better. It's large like an mmo but you still got your small outpost battles if you choose to fight in them.
    There's something for everyone in this game, any fps fan owe it to themselves to give it a try

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Watching the TB PAX stream last night, and by god it looked amazing. Turned it on just as a 30 or so Max squad was using a jump pad to storm a base. Looked amazing. Can't wait to get in.

Anyone else have problems with VOIP not working? I cant hear squad mates & I cant talk myself. Works for other games so its not on my end

Anyone else have problems with VOIP not working? I cant hear squad mates & I cant talk myself. Works for other games so its not on my end

haven't joined a squad so i cant tell ya about that but proximity talk is working for me, but i had it turned up too high and whenever anyone talked it sounded scratched or something so it needed to be turned down

• Advertisement

That's not even working for me. I might just download it again and see if that works.

Advertisement