Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The camo is the only unique thing, the rest will be able to be bought or unlocked and we don't know how much they'll cost so there is no way to know if it's a good deal or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Varik wrote: »
    The camo is the only unique thing, the rest will be able to be bought or unlocked and we don't know how much they'll cost so there is no way to know if it's a good deal or not.
    Still glad I got it though, there aren't too many places that are giving out beta keys now, and the ones that are given out are snapped up almost instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

Anyone that bought the alpha pack will get a second key to give away

From Smed SOE president
    Hello everyone,

First off a big thank you to everyone that purchased Alpha Squad. We sincerely appreciate your support. As a happy surprise we are going to be emailing everyone that purchased Alpha Squad an extra beta invite in the coming days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

If anyone gets access to an extra key they can spare it would be well appreciated if sent my way :)

85121708.png

OK just after realizing that this was really unlikely due to how the system works, you can only capture territory connected to your own warp gate so in the hours of sleep and work after the glorious TR capture the everything how the hell did this happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

A lot of people still don't know how the games works, I was battle rank 10 before I knew about resource gain from warfare connected territory only! And it was only because someone in the community made out a big how to list for newbies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

OK just after realizing that this was really unlikely due to how the system works, you can only capture territory connected to your own warp gate so in the hours of sleep and work after the glorious TR capture the everything how the hell did this happen.
    You can cap territory outside your base, it just takes forever as you've got no influence (AFAIK).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Its unlikely but entirely possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Ive been playing this since the Technical Test started and loving it! Im playing with a group of guys who played PS1 in a big way which makes it better! Bought the Alpha Squad pack the other day as it only made sense as I will inevitably be spending some money on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

If anyone gets a spare key from the alpha squad id highly appreciate it ! :)

Been tweeting them etc for over a week and no Joy !

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »

Its worth noting sometimes they grant access without notifying people

www.planetside2.com/download

I know numerous people who found out they had got in :P

fionny wrote: »
    Its worth noting sometimes they grant access without notifying people

www.planetside2.com/download

I know numerous people who found out they had got in :P

Ok cool cheers , will do !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Korvanica wrote: »

If any one has a second one flying around when they get sent out I too would really appreciate it havent got the funds at the moment to get the alpha pack.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd say they will limit the amount of free keys they send via twitter now that people have an option to buy a key with Alpha Squad.

I'll buy it next month though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Decryptor wrote: »
    You can cap territory outside your base, it just takes forever as you've got no influence (AFAIK).

Nope. If you try to capture a point with no adjacent areas captured nothing will happen. In my experience, anyway.

Zillah wrote: »
    Nope. If you try to capture a point with no adjacent areas captured nothing will happen. In my experience, anyway.

Correct it was changed to require adjacency recently enough.

Few times i been trying to capture a point after some long battle and nothing happens, after a quick look on the map i realize that we've been cut off.

I think you should be able to capture points that are not connected, just make it very slow. Maybe make it so that you'd need a minimum of 10 people to take the point, and would take 4 times as long to capture or something like that. That way you'd have to be ready to send a quick strike team back to defend any points you already own.

Few times i been trying to capture a point after some long battle and nothing happens, after a quick look on the map i realize that we've been cut off.

It's incredibly frustrating to have captured 2 of 3 points only to discover that the border region has been lost, cutting you off and making all that time totally wasted.

Kiith wrote: »
    I think you should be able to capture points that are not connected, just make it very slow. Maybe make it so that you'd need a minimum of 10 people to take the point, and would take 4 times as long to capture or something like that. That way you'd have to be ready to send a quick strike team back to defend any points you already own.

It achieves nothing for your team, in fact on EU01 have NC was off backhacking meanwhile the Warpgate was pinned in and no benefit existed because there was no path back.

• Advertisement

Might it not alleviate pressure on the front lines if a portion of the enemy had to pull back and secure their bases?

Kiith wrote: »
    Might it not alleviate pressure on the front lines if a portion of the enemy had to pull back and secure their bases?

Generally no as it takes very few troops a very short amount of time to cap back a base that they have 100% adjacency on.

First person to post a picture of themselves naked gets a free beta key.

Haha no I kid but you better do something more entertaining that saying "Me me I want it".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Zillah,

I have seen the videos, heard first hand accounts about how amazing PS2 is and i would love to be considered for the key to help them test for bugs and play with a buddy of mine who is in the beta :)

P.S not very entertaining but earnest :P

moonboy52 wrote: »
    P.S not very entertaining but earnest :P

FAIL

You can try again unless someone else posts first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

"Me me I want it"... umm plus I've been here longer then you... so you should respect the laws of the internet and give up your freebies to your seniors :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

26689087.jpg

First person to post a picture of themselves naked gets a free beta key.

Haha no I kid but you better do something more entertaining that saying "Me me I want it".

Using a Galaxy as a suicide bomber :P

Can I have it? :P

Also...
    kingtiger wrote: »
    26689087.jpg

24669003.jpg

"Me me I want it"... umm plus I've been here longer then you... so you should respect the laws of the internet and give up your freebies to your seniors :D

This is not entertaining. All you had to do was post a funny picture or youtube link or even copy paste a joke and the first two responses couldn't manage that. You can't be entertaining so how could I, in good conscience, provide you with the entertainment of Planetside 2? Balance in all things.
    kingtiger wrote: »
    26689087.jpg

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JTER

00174701.jpg

throw us a key and me and herself will be having this conversation shortly,,, She doesn't like it when I call her Angela.

Advertisement