Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Zillah wrote: »
    This is not entertaining. All you had to do was post a funny picture or youtube link or even copy paste a joke and the first two responses couldn't manage that. You can't be entertaining so how could I, in good conscience, provide you with the entertainment of Planetside 2? Balance in all things.

Locked down net at work... wasn't trawling the internet looking for something that may or may not be entertaining to you.

For example I should just have posted a link to You Laugh You Lose 3, LOLmageddon *Read Rules in 1st post* DON'T QUOTE PICS! EVER! or rehashed another annoying meme but I didn't so congrats kingtiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

wow thanks Zillah, cant wait for work to end :cool:

oh and sorry lads there was no rule about not rehashing old meme's and it worked

so if you allow me to say

nelson-muntz.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JTER

Silly me didnt read that you sent PM, bah, will have to get naked for someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

kingtiger wrote: »
    oh and sorry lads there was no rule about not rehashing old meme's and it worked

Honestly, you were a borderline case. At least you made more effort to post something entertaining than zero, which is all the two before you, mystifyingly, managed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

After all that I'm just going to point out that the servers are a bit ****ed today, SOE seem to be resetting the servers every few minutes.

and now they've locked it all.

• Advertisement

Honestly, you were a borderline case. At least you made more effort to post something entertaining than zero, which is all the two before you, mystifyingly, managed.

lucky I guess, its not like I sat down and thought about it ;)

just saw a good pic of Walter Sobchak and added some txt, all in all a two minute job

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Korvanica wrote: »
    Using a Galaxy as a suicide bomber :P

That draw-distance is absolutely brutal!!
    Sure, I can appreciate the fact that there's a whole lot of stuff going on in the map, but, is that the maximum, or will it scale much further based on your rig?

Varik wrote: »
    After all that I'm just going to point out that the servers are a bit ****ed today, SOE seem to be resetting the servers every few minutes.

and now they've locked it all.

There was a fairly big patch today, faction spawns have rotated and there's a whole bunch of alterations for recoil, certs, weapon costs etc. Biggest change is that Max's can no longer spawn directly, you have to change into one at a terminal and it has both a timer and resource cost, thank christ. But yes, apparently it also screwed up the network code so they're working on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

There was a fairly big patch today, faction spawns have rotated and there's a whole bunch of alterations for recoil, certs, weapon costs etc. Biggest change is that Max's can no longer spawn directly, you have to change into one at a terminal and it has both a timer and resource cost, thank christ. But yes, apparently it also screwed up the network code so they're working on that.

Been 2 small patches since so hopefully they fixed all their boo-boo's

My outfit are rolling out an Armoured Column tonight! Gonna be fun! If any of ye want a decent outfit pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

Varik wrote: »
    OK just after realizing that this was really unlikely due to how the system works, you can only capture territory connected to your own warp gate so in the hours of sleep and work after the glorious TR capture the everything how the hell did this happen.

it happens when they reset a server (sometimes), makes it um interesting

so whats the story? has anyone set up a platoon yet for boards? what sides do ye all play on? im an nc on eu01, currently getting hammered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

This game shines with proper squad and platoon play..

First time tonight really experiencing it, coordination across 4 or so squads, transports, drops, objectives.. SO much fun.

Then the guy organising it all announced he was leaving and it quickly fell apart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

This game shines with proper squad and platoon play..

First time tonight really experiencing it, coordination across 4 or so squads, transports, drops, objectives.. SO much fun.

Tonight (as in Saturday) was my first taste of squad/platoon action too, with a joint venture with some existing Planetside (1) outfits. It's a completely different beast to mindlessly running with the zerg (as was the first game). The new base-cap format is nice too, although takes some getting used to.

TR for the win; death to smurfs & barneys :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Lemming wrote: »

TR for the win; death to smurfs & barneys :pac:

I agree, but I also generally don't like being on the largest team all the time :x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

has anyone gotten a beta invite recently, how long will i have to wait roughly does anyone know, few days, weeks, months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    has anyone gotten a beta invite recently, how long will i have to wait roughly does anyone know, few days, weeks, months?

Now that you can buy your way into the beta i doubt many free keys will be handed out.

funny vid of 99 tanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pissed off about the anti air missiles on the fighters being pointless now, all the bitching from people about them when it was there own fault and a choice they made that was making them weak vs the missiles.

It's a beta, the balance is still messed up. There are unlocks that literally do nothing, unlocks that do practically nothing, some that are overpowered and a whole bunch that are ludicrously expensive for what they do.

Accept these facts and you'll be less annoyed later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

really loving this game now, it took me a couple of days to figure out wtf was going on but it is truly epic!

Grim. wrote: »
    really loving this game now, it took me a couple of days to figure out wtf was going on but it is truly epic!

I am still a bit lost, any good tutorials around?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Chars have been wiped and servers are down at the moment. Setting up on Herse when they come back up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Are there any outfits / servers with a lot of Irish players? Started playing this over the weekend, would love to play as part of a bigger (edit: *communicating) team :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

There is an active thread and server list going on in the MMO forum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ah its good to have it on here too, the people miss an awful lot on the MMO forum as many dont even know it exists.

Thought id add this wee story here :)

Had a friend visiting over the weekend,he knows no better than his xbox,always banging on about amazing graphics etc while i sniggererd away :P

Anyways i wasnt going to let this opportunity slip by so gave him a look at a real gaming machine at work played BF3,Far Cry3 and the chap was in shock and awe, never knew anything like this was even possible, bless his ignorance :P
    When i showed him Planetside 2 in full flow as about 100 of us assaulted an enemy outpost the poor guy almost went weak at the knees and sat there with his mouth open totally awestruck.
    When i told him Planetside 2 is free to play he thought i was taking the piss lol.
    His missus will kill me as he has no interest in his console anymore and wants a PC :) job done on my end ! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

What a fun session I had tonight.

Playing a NC Heavy, our facility was overrun by Vanu and the retreat was sounded. Alas, I was nowhere near a vehicle and I was left stranded in the early hours of the morning, taking potshots at Scythes until my ammo ran out and managing to hide from their patrols in a wooded valley. I watched them build up a force of tanks and gunships and waited for them to roll out to whatever base they were interested in, and sneaked into the base at dawn. I disabled 2 generators before encountering a Vanu troop, managed to drop him quietly. Then I saw another generator start to go down. I thought someone has the same idea as me and rushed to their aid. Turned out about 4 others had been left behind in the retreat as well and between us we crippled all the base's defences before making it to the final control point, where miraculously we held out against increasing opposition (they really didn't like us nicking their base) until a proper relief force arrived.

That felt totally spec ops style badass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I just started playing there today. See when your team conquers a whole continent on a server is that just game over for that continent then or whats the story?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I just started playing there today. See when your team conquers a whole continent on a server is that just game over for that continent then or whats the story?
    That means your side will get the continental benefits (10% off on Infantry consumables (i.e. 'nades, C4, MAX etc.), Ground Vehicles or Airplanes) until another faction conquers the continent. The factions can go at it at any time so there's no lock out timer or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The conquering faction gets a bonus related to that continent (usually a discount on spawning vehicles), and the cycle begins again. I think it's just a matter of one of the factions making a coordinated push backwards with extra numbers to balance out territory.

Nody wrote: »
    That means your side will get the continental benefits (10% off on Infantry consumables (i.e. 'nades, C4, MAX etc.), Ground Vehicles or Airplanes) until another faction conquers the continent. The factions can go at it at any time so there's no lock out timer or similar.

Nah like I understand when you conquer a hexagon thingy. But like. The ENTIRE CONTINENT MWUAHAHA. Is that just the end of the game? or do you need all 3 continents on the server to be settled?

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Nah like I understand when you conquer a hexagon thingy. But like. The ENTIRE CONTINENT MWUAHAHA. Is that just the end of the game? or do you need all 3 continents on the server to be settled?
    No I was talking about taking an entire continent (which tend to happen about 10 times a day during the smaller hours with low population). Even if a faction would somehow take all three continents (have happened) they would simply have 10% off on any resource based items ('nades, vehicles etc.) and nothing else while the other two sides work on capping the land back.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    No I was talking about taking an entire continent (which tend to happen about 10 times a day during the smaller hours with low population). Even if a faction would somehow take all three continents (have happened) they would simply have 10% off on any resource based items ('nades, vehicles etc.) and nothing else while the other two sides work on capping the land back.

aww right sorry. So basically you can't take the 100% of the territory can you? It's neverending? :P

Advertisement