Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Timmyctc wrote: »
    aww right sorry. So basically you can't take the 100% of the territory can you? It's neverending? :P

Exactly its never ending usually what happens at peak times is each faction goes for 1 continent, leaving the leftovers to defend the other 2 and usually fail.
    My problem is there is no good reward for taking over a whole continent except that stupid 10% off thing and turning the map that respective colour till another faction does it, there should be a decent xp bonus for all involved as its takes a while to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Aww well thanks for the info. Is there a boards community or platoon or outfit or what have you for this?

Aww well thanks for the info. Is there a boards community or platoon or outfit or what have you for this?

No cohexive one unfortunately as we all jumped in without any planning and ended up in different factions or servers, theres a few threads in the multiplayer section here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=329 with info on servers etc

VinLieger wrote: »
    No cohexive one unfortunately as we all jumped in without any planning and ended up in different factions or servers, theres a few threads in the multiplayer section here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=329 with info on servers etc

You're a wee dote. :p What faction are you may I enquire?

You're a wee dote. :p What faction are you may I enquire?

Im New Conglomerate as i was in PS1 and forever will be :)

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    Im New Conglomerate as i was in PS1 and forever will be :)

oh. me too :) I'll go get good at the game and I might get back to you on this to platoon up. Thanks for your help. gluuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Got a bit of a hankering for a new FPS and am quite strapped for cash at the moment so I thought I might give this a go.

Dont know two much about it but was wondering if anyone could give me the lay of the land etc. Many people playing it? Any recommendations on how to start out? Thanks

New to this whole MMOFPS thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Plenty of Boardsies playing it, although we're all spread out over factions so not much in the way of multiplayer team ups going on. There's a thread over in the massively multiplayer forum with more info on who's doing what.

Watch a couple of the tutorial videos to get an idea of how the game is supposed to go. Don't bother spending certs or cash until you've tried the various factions, classes and vehicles (VR training is ideal for this), and stick to the ones you most enjoy using to begin with to give yourself a better fighting chance.

Join a squad or play with friends, it's fun enough to lone wolf it now and then but the game really opens up when you start communicating and collaborating with others, calling for air support or rallying people to defend an installation or whatever. On that note, pay attention to the faction any friends you have are playing, as you can't team up with enemies.

Get in on the occasional zerg rush across the continent, it can be fun but also gets you used to the scale of the fights, which are genuinely cause for distraction when you start playing.

Also, play NC because you love freedom and giant guns. :pac:

Sarky wrote: »
    Plenty of Boardsies playing it, although we're all spread out over factions so not much in the way of multiplayer team ups going on. There's a thread over in the massively multiplayer forum with more info on who's doing what.

Watch a couple of the tutorial videos to get an idea of how the game is supposed to go. Don't bother spending certs or cash until you've tried the various factions, classes and vehicles (VR training is ideal for this), and stick to the ones you most enjoy using to begin with to give yourself a better fighting chance.

Join a squad or play with friends, it's fun enough to lone wolf it now and then but the game really opens up when you start communicating and collaborating with others, calling for air support or rallying people to defend an installation or whatever. On that note, pay attention to the faction any friends you have are playing, as you can't team up with enemies.

Get in on the occasional zerg rush across the continent, it can be fun but also gets you used to the scale of the fights, which are genuinely cause for distraction when you start playing.

Also, play NC because you love freedom and giant guns. :pac:

So true. FREEDOM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

So true. FREEDOM!

If you're on Miller though ... likely you'll be on the losing side a lot. The NC numbers seem to be a bit lower than the other two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

Game is so not noob friendly so expect to die a LOT, my server Miller has become recommended server recently so big influx of new players. There's a lot to learn in this game, even at battle rank 70 I'm still picking up things. My advice is just stick with it and play support for a while. Don't even bother getting in vehicles, especially air vehicles.
    Learn the game as a foot soldier either as medic or engineer and go from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Purple spandex all the way! Haven't played much really but Miller was the server. Game isn't much fun to play by yourself, but a blast when you have a group.

Advertisement