Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business HL

• 02-09-2012 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭

how to get a good grade in business i just did the LC and got a C2 in higher how to bring that up to a high B or A ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Learn everything that could possibly come up and more importantly get a competent marker. Sadly that last part is not under your control, so getting an "A" grade may not be possible no matter how hard you try.

Edit: BTW, the above isn't just speculation on my part. After viewing my script I saw correct answers (matched up with marking scheme) receive 0 marks. Also, the marker wouldn't give marks unless words matched exactly with the marking scheme. Example: If you said "Bad decisions" as a heading and the scheme said "Poor decisions". No marks, I'm afraid. Yeah, it's not good enough just to know everything on the syllabus apparently, you've got to know how it's phrased in the marking scheme also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The most recent Chief Examiner's report for Business is 2010. It's useful in that it points out common errors and where answers needed to be improved.
    .pdf file

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

I got an A1 this year in HL Business and I have to say the key to doing well is doing exam questions over and over again. By doing this you'll inadvertently be preparing yourself for all the different eventualities on the day(including new questions you've never seen before). Also, timing is very very important. There's no point coming out of the exam saying"I would have done better with an extra 15 minutes" . Those getting top grades have not only mastered the material and exam technique but also have the timing down to a fine art! Personally i set myself 15 minutes for the SQs, 20 minutes for each of the LQs and then whatever time leftover for the ABQ!This timing scheme allows a few more minutes outside of the budget for any more demanding questions needing extra thought/longer answers. Also, confidence is key in such a high pressure exam as business! There's no time on the day to be doubting yourself so this is something that must be conjured during preparation also. If you any more questions don't hesitate to send me a PM!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

I got an A1 this year in HL Business and I have to say the key to doing well is doing exam questions over and over again. By doing this you'll inadvertently be preparing yourself for all the different eventualities on the day(including new questions you've never seen before). Also, timing is very very important. There's no point coming out of the exam saying"I would have done better with an extra 15 minutes" . Those getting top grades have not only mastered the material and exam technique but also have the timing down to a fine art! Personally i set myself 15 minutes for the SQs, 20 minutes for each of the LQs and then whatever time leftover for the ABQ!This timing scheme allows a few more minutes outside of the budget for any more demanding questions needing extra thought/longer answers. Also, confidence is key in such a high pressure exam as business! There's no time on the day to be doubting yourself so this is something that must be conjured during preparation also. If you any more questions don't hesitate to send me a PM!:)

Advertisement