Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debating wheter to do GOMAD

Options
  • 02-09-2012 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

So I am debating wheter to do GOMAD (in conjunction with 5/3/1)

At present I am 5'11 and about 73kg, not sure on BF but I would say between 13-16%.

I would like to get up to 85kg at 13 - 16% BF and one route I was thinking of was to do GOMAD until I get to 90kg and then cut back.

Thing is the more I research GOMAD the more uncomfortable I feel about it. I mean I have no doubt I could get to 90kg on GOMAD but how much muscle will I put on? It seems like a lot of the weight gain will be fat even if I am lifting a lot.

Another thing I am concerned about is my strenght increasing on GOMAD only to plummet back once I start cutting back.

I am in no rush really and I wonder would I be better gradually building things up?

An alternative diet I was considering is as follows:

Meal 1 - Fruit, egg, peanut butter, oats, protein powder, seeds, milk smoothie
    Meal 2- Handful of nuts
    Meal 3 - Tuna mayo sandwhich with fruit
    Meal 4 - Cottage cheese + handful of nuts
    Meal 5 - Beef stir fry/chicken curry with brown rice/steak
    Meal 6 - Casein shake with oats, peanut butter and milk

Would that be a better option.

I should also say I tend to put on weight easy enough and tend to store it around my midsection which is also putting me off GOMAD. My main goal is strenght gain...dont necessarily care about looking pretty but dont want to look like a fat slob either (as I would feel ****)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Ive done it twice and it does the job as does eating solid food, you shouldnt get overly fat as you dont just go from drinking no milk to 4.5L in a day, build up over time increasing your intake every time your weight levels off, again, the same as you would with solid food.
    Thats probably the main strength of it, its very easy to know for sure exactly how much protein and calories you're taking in so its very handy for gaining size and also leaning up.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Sgro

Only good thing about GOMAD is its an easy way to get calories. You can just eat them too. I heard people get awfully scuttery ****s on it too from all the dairy. I'd just eat more food tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

yea i tried it about a year ago except it was 1/2gomad ha..i never put on weight so quickly,sadly it was 95% fat : (

In fairness it was an excessive intake of cals rather than specifically the milk that made you fat, I got fat while doing it too but I was also eating plenty of crap every evening.
    You could say elitefts made me fat as at some level I equated getting strong with eating everything in sight and turning into a lardarse.
    Ive read people including Wendler mentioning getting the squirts but was never an issue for me personally, apparently Ireland has the worlds highest proportion of people able to digest lactose so if ever theres a country that GOMAD should be popular in, its Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

ha ha yea,but i was eating clean with it though.i was sacrafising food to drink so much milk and neither worked out.i guess if your ectomorph it would probably work better

• Advertisement

zzfh wrote: »
    ha ha yea,but i was eating clean with it though.i was sacrafising food to drink so much milk and neither worked out.i guess if your ectomorph it would probably work better

As hesitant as I am to use the term ectomorph I would have (and even moreso in the past) a metabolism like a fire in an oil refinery. That said everyone has to adjust their diet in light of how their body reacts both when trying to get bigger or leaning out.

Advertisement