Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad bought in Canada:Student Gift Card

• 02-09-2012 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,I bought an iPad in Canada recently and apple currently have a promotion on for university students that if you buy a new ipad you receive a 40 euro gift card for iTunes .I tried to claim this gift card at the point of sale in Toronto but they refused as I was not a student in a Canadian university.upon returning back to Ireland I discovered this promotion was also on in Ireland and worldwide.I rang Apple yesterday and they told me to ring Apple Canada which is an international call which I cannot make.can someone offer me some advice please on how to claim my iTunes gift card which I believe I am entitled to.thanks
    http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/campaigns/back_to_school

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Even if you get it from canada, it will be 40 Canadian dollars and you'll have to change your itunes account to a Canada address to spend it, you also can't change store if you have credit in your account so you'll have to spend it all in the canadian app store before changing back

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bazza92

Thanks for your reply.but I have a feeling they will not give me the voucher as I am not a student in Canada just like when I first bought it they said you must be a student in Canada to avail of the promotion hence I believe I should be dealing with Apple Ireland as I attend UCD.Is it worth my while taking it to another level with Apple Ireland because realistically apple products don't differ from country to country nor does the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

bazza92 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.but I have a feeling they will not give me the voucher as I am not a student in Canada just like when I first bought it they said you must be a student in Canada to avail of the promotion hence I believe I should be dealing with Apple Ireland as I attend UCD.Is it worth my while taking it to another level with Apple Ireland because realistically apple products don't differ from country to country nor does the price.

They told you that you had to be a student in Canada, you are not a student in Canada, problem?

You made the purchase in Canada, Apple Ireland do not have to help you in any way. Even if it breaks you would be responsible for bringing it to Canada if Apple asked you to.

The price is different countries, you also availed of the benifits from exchange rates and lower tax, I doubt they let you pay with euros.

Advertisement