Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying a honda cbr 250

• 02-09-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

hows it going lads. im in the market for a cbr 250 at the moment but they seem to be thin on the ground. i was just wondering are there any things i should be looking out for mechanically etc.

i was looking at donedeal and a few other sites but theres not a great selection out there at the minute. would my best bet be to go into my local bike shop and ask if hed be able to track one down for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

These bikes are getting very old now most have been ran into the ground.

I have the equivilant Yamaha FZR 250 real flyer for such a small bike.
    Need fairings repaired or may have to find replacements which are also hard to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

yeah i heard some people say that replacement parts would be hard to come by but surely with the bike being a honda bits and pieces would be fairly plentiful? the bikes are very popular after all.

are there any other bikes like the cbr then that i should be looking at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

what year price range? i started on a ninja 250.. similar bike... and can be gotten for any budget really... but if you are going for one try get one that had not had the arse ragged out of it.. you can also find some new cbr 250's but they are not cheap... i think it was realunched about 2010 or so..

year of bike means nothing to me really. as long as its looks ok and goes well id be happy.

my budget really would be 1500 max. the ninja 250s are nice - ive just seen a lovely one on donedeal in kilkenny but theyre just too expensive for me. plus id be scared stiff id drop it and do a ton of damage.

the older cbrs wouldve been perfect - not too expensive look good and go well but theres not much point looking for one if parts are too hard to get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Parts for the older cbr 250's are not hard to get. Engines are bullet proof in them. Probably been ridden like a lunatic over the years but there are nice ones still going around. The new cbr 250's are manky looking yokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭fatbast

i have an 05 cbf250 which is for sale from wednesday. its taxed has a honda topbox and good tyres and approx 9k miles done. red metallic colour....learner legal and low insurance.

any opinions on this?

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/3920503

looks clean. i asked a workmate about it and he said the carburettors probably need cleaning out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

sonic85 wrote: »
    any opinions on this?

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/3920503

looks clean. i asked a workmate about it and he said the carburettors probably need cleaning out

it wont start, I wouldnt bother with it..

NinjaK wrote: »
    it wont start, I wouldnt bother with it..

To be honest I wouldnt really mind that.

no harm in going for a gander at it anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Parts for the older cbr 250's are not hard to get. Engines are bullet proof in them. Probably been ridden like a lunatic over the years but there are nice ones still going around. The new cbr 250's are manky looking yokes.

That hurts... :(

• Advertisement

That hurts... :(

im-sowwy-pwease-fowgive-me.jpg

Advertisement