Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertility Clinic appointments Weekends or Evenings

Options
  • 02-09-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello all,

We are thinking of attending a fertility clinic but both work full time. It may be difficult to get time off and we were wondering if you could advise if any of the fertility clinics offer evening or week end appointments?

We were hoping to attend the initial consulation at an evening or weekend appointment along with other appointments if possible.

many thanks

Anna

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Anna122 wrote: »
    Hello all,

We are thinking of attending a fertility clinic but both work full time. It may be difficult to get time off and we were wondering if you could advise if any of the fertility clinics offer evening or week end appointments?

We were hoping to attend the initial consulation at an evening or weekend appointment along with other appointments if possible.

many thanks

Anna

Never heard of one that operated out of hours, in Dublin anyway. Note; some open at weekends as the treatments can be extremely time sensitive, but not for appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Anna122

Thanks for the reply

I havn't enquired into clinics yet but just wondering if by chance you would know approx what the latest time of the day would be for an appointment in any of these clinics? e.g. 5pm, 6 pm etc.

Thanking you!

Thanks for the reply

I havn't enquired into clinics yet but just wondering if by chance you would know approx what the latest time of the day would be for an appointment in any of these clinics? e.g. 5pm, 6 pm etc.

Thanking you!

If I recall it was 5ish. Bear in mind that when it comes to treatment (IUI and IVF) you won't be able to schedule appointments to suit you... They will tell you exactly when to come in, potentially a few days on the trot (e.g. for pre-treatment scans).

My advice to you is have the first appointment, then discuss the schedule with them. The general expectation they have is that you will be flexible.

Ok, I will bear that in mind, thanks for the reply.

Just wondering if there is any clinic in Dublin or Northern Ireland that you would recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Thangel

Femplus in Dublin 15 is open until 7 a couple of times a week.

• Advertisement

Ok, I will bear that in mind, thanks for the reply.

Just wondering if there is any clinic in Dublin or Northern Ireland that you would recommend?

Merrion were great. Proximity to Holles St was a plus.

That's great guys. Will check out those two clinics.

Thanks a mill

Anna

Hi Thangel,

Just had a look on Femplus website there now. It doesn't seem to offer as comprehensive a service as say the Beacon website or the Merrion website.

Just wondering if you know if they carry out all procedures or if they refer patients to other fertility clinics. Their opening hours would suit me for consultation and other appointments

Thanking you

Anna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Thangel

I haven't used them myself, friends have, and from what I know they certainly can do the less invasive fertility treatment. I don't know anyone who has had the more invasive treatments so I'm not sure if they refer people elsewhere for that. It would be worth your while calling the clinic to ask and if you can only do evenings it would be ideal to start off there to minimise the time you need to take off work. As was said though, you won't necessarily be able to choose the time of your treatments so that's something to think about.

That's great Thangel,

will look into it!

Thanks a mill,

Anna

• Advertisement
Advertisement