Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kazakhstan v Ireland match thread - 7/9/12 - 17:00

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Everything is so slow and laboured, liven up for **** sake.

Keane and Walters off for McClean and Long. Get at them with the ball on the deck and get crosses in. It's not rocket science Trap.

That would be idiotic. We need Walters on the pitch. Bringing on Doyle was a stupid move too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Des wrote: »
    Will anyone ask Trap a direct question about his direct football, and will he pretend to not understand the answer.

Outdated football, being found out by the likes of Kazakhstan, has the man an ounce of dignity left?

Yeah but here is the thing, there is no way he played this type of football when he managed any other team.

Do you seriously think he played this sh**e when he managed the great Juve team which won 5 or 6 league titles, a couple of European trophies or did he have his Bayern side playing this style of sh**e.
    Was this the style of play he had Salzburg or Stuttgart playing ?

Fook sake it looks like he has adapted the worse ideas from Jack Charlton and Graham Taylor and disregarded all their good ones.

I actually think he is suffering from alzheimer's or dementia at this stage because he appears to have forgotten everything he ever knew about football.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Get McClean and Long on FFS, 20 mins left, what is he waiting for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

syngindub wrote: »
    what ever happened to trapping a ball, looking up and passing it to your teammate.
    it's not rocket science.

Go away with that fancy stuff, will ya.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Can we all chip in to help pay off Trap?

I'll pledge my weeks wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Hope Im wrong, but there is no way we are winning this or even getting a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

I just wonder are our expectations for this team too high, we have a very very ordinary team, not one player playing for a top club around Europe.

Can't believe he's taking Walters off. Fcuk off.

p.oconnor wrote: »
    I just wonder are our expectations for this team too high, we have a very very ordinary team, not one player playing for a top club around Europe.

We are playing kazisktsan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Keane is like a bloody Tsumani.

Big Knox wrote: »
    In that he only shows up in Japan?

No, he full of ****ing waves.

• Advertisement

And Keane remains.

Duff and Given still had something to contribute. Why was it them that retired and not fooking Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

I think the expectation to beat Kazakhstan would be reasonable enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Another ****ig forward out wide? Seriously? Really??

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭val_jester

Long for Walters is madness, Long is a replacement for Keane, they are the same type of player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Eh, have you been reading the thread? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Yeah, Ward is dirt.

Would you go and sh1te.

you do know that Pats beat a better standard of team in the Europa League last year from Kazakhstan than what is on the pitch for them tonight? It's inexcusable.

A league of Ireland team beat a team made up of most of what you see on the pitch tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

madma wrote: »
    once again our 2 best players at the moment are sitting on the bench.. its unreal.. wtf is wrong with trap ffs
    Could there be a conspiracy there I wonder? :rolleyes: It looks like he wants to lose. it make no sense whatsoever. :D

edgecutter wrote: »
    We are playing kazisktsan

Ya and on this they are far and away a better team, maybe this is the level we are at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

I cannot watch any more of this ****e. I am switching off

In fairness what can Keane do if it's high ball all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

That may be and expectations were too high at the euros imo but you have to be putting the likes of the Kazachs away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

This isn't football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

kitakyushu wrote: »
    I think the expectation to beat Kazakhstan would be reasonable enough.

The negative side of thinking like that is underestimating the opponent...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Kazakhstan are a bunch of fairies outfield though. Every tackle they go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Give the lads at the back the hairdryer treatment and tell them to cop themselves on. He should act like a captain here...Roy wouldn't stand for this sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

They are all plop up front, highly paid sissies. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A draw would be a shít result and we don't look like getting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Keane on the right wing- best place for our in form top scorer, said no-one ever unless you are in Trapps world. I think Alzheimer's has kicked in here lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I wonder how many of this lot will drop out with "injuries" before the Oman game, pathetic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

I find it hard to find any positives from Ireland performances of late. Every thing about our play leaves much to be desired. A change of formation isn't going to solve any thing in the immediate future, couple with Trap's negative impact on the development of our future stars. People like Duff and Given were wise to stop when they did, a decision neither of them took lightly.

I just hope over the next few months we see some new faces because let's face it, this current squad/manager doesn't exactly inspire any sort of hope. :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Westwood one of the few players who can hold his head high after this...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nearly gifted them a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

No one looks like they want the ball. And when they do get it you can see them panicking at the slightest approach from the opposition and they just hoof it up front towards the nearest Irish shirt.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Would you go and sh1te.

you do know that Pats beat a better standard of team in the Europa League last year from Kazakhstan than what is on the pitch for them tonight? It's inexcusable.

Well im not sticking up for Trap, but has been one of the best managers in world football .... what the hell is happening so? .... this current team is at this level.

There's no plan at all.

He's put on Long, told him to go up front. That's it! We've just got a massive hole on the right side of midfield now. O'Shea isn't pushing on.

It's ridiculous and it just shows he doesn't care.

Fcuk off Trappatoni.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

what has keane done tonight to merit being on the pitch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I preferred the comedy of the San Marino equaliser, but this is up there.

Austria drew with Kazakhstan too, so they'll comfort and console Ireland when they meet up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    I find it hard to find any positives from Ireland performances of late. Every thing about our play leaves much to be desired. A change of formation isn't going to solve any thing in the immediate future, couple with Trap's negative impact on the development of our future stars. People like Duff and Given were wise to stop when they did, a decision neither of them took lightly.

I just hope over the next few months we see some new faces because let's face it, this current squad/manager doesn't exactly inspire any sort of hope. :(

Im sure Keane is regretting not hanging up his international boots right now too. He could be sitting poolside in LA right now instead of being embarassed in outer Mongolia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

ah but at least we have the best fans in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Ireland's play seems to be based on a lucky break or an error by the opposition ..there's nothing much else there .Kazakhstan could be 3 -0 up now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

We haven't even created a chance hardly!

Well im not sticking up for Trap, but has been one of the best managers in world football .... what the hell is happening so? .... this current team is at this level.

Bolded the important part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

They're playing even worse in this half, at least the long ball worked in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

only thing i've learned watching this on goltv is that it cost €2.50 to get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Add for showing the Paralympics highlights there, our Special Olympics team would do better than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Is Jimmy Magee feeding George stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

flyswatter wrote: »
    They're playing even worse in this half, at least the long ball worked in the first half.

Did it? Must have missed that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

4 matches without scoring a goal, if the match would be finished now? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement