Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kazakhstan v Ireland match thread - 7/9/12 - 17:00

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

pmcmahon wrote: »
    that's the same old brushing the problem under the carpet mentality that riddles the F.A.I

Tell us who you want in as manager then.

As for Sadlier, he wanted Trap gone even before we played Estonia. Guy isn't realistic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Trap shouldn't be replaced. Instead the players need to go to him, in a coup style, and make him change his approach. Brady is a gob****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Jesus I wish they'd get rid of Brady, and to a lesser extent Giles, I'm bored stupid of listening to them at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Because my country was playing and I want them to win. People ITT going 'nooo....ffs' when we turned it around. Disgraceful really.

Anyway, Trapp gets the required result, job done.

I thought you meant that something else, I agree with you about cheering for the opposition, I thought you were saying we should all be cheering the team / win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

those late goals are just papering over a wall that is collapsing. trap does not know how to move with the times and insists on playing ****e players when there are better players available in the PL. he has made outcasts of two very good players in recent months. im sick of him and the attitude he has towards our players and squad. the likes of andrews, whelan, odea, st ledger, keogh etc need to be removed from the squad and replaces by the likes of clarke, wilson,pilkington,hoolahan, coleman,duffy etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Look, be honest people, Trap has to go and most of the squad, tactics need to be changed, neanderthal, cave man football with no skill or intelligence but a deplorable win all the same. Waken up, Irish Squad and Management, most of Ireland are disgusted with your displays during the summer and this afternoon/evening. We want to be entertained, not given a stroke or heart attack or put to sleep eternally. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

Well that was pure muck. The sooner Trap is out of this job the better. We can't afford to pay him off so were stuck with him. FFS Delaney what were you thinking giving him a new contract:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

will not happen but would like roy keane with kerr as assistant. get two people in who know our centre forwards are not right wingers and actually give two sh*ts about the country. at the moment we are a homeless man's stoke city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

0005f9c9-642.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

I like Doyle, he has a tremendous workrate.

Long is better though surely..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

He doesn't look too happy in this interview...

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

Brady is a clown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    He's talking complete sense

Any tool in any bar around Dublin will be saying the same thing, he just comes across as a guy who should be watching it in a bar and not in front of a tv camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

mise wrote: »
    Jesus I wish they'd get rid of Brady, and to a lesser extent Giles, I'm bored stupid of listening to them at this stage

Thank your lucky stars you are not here in America listening to Tommy back of the oul onion bag Smyth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Paully D wrote: »
    0005f9c9-642.jpg

trollface.jpg?1296494117

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Richie Sadlier is a legend. Should be on the international coverage all the time.

billyhead wrote: »
    Well that was pure muck. The sooner Trap is out of this job the better. We can't afford to pay him off so were stuck with him. FFS Delaney what were you thinking giving him a new contract:mad:
    Well his mouth is usually open with his jaw dropped and tongue sticking slightly out, do I need to spell it out about Dely? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Trappatoni has not won anything of note in 15-20 years. He is a survivor but he is no Ferguson, unlike Fergie he is incapable of reinventing himself over and over again.

He is blind to change, and also to what his most talented players are.

Tonight Northern Ireland played a back 4 which man for man is better than ours. The first time ever I would say. And they are pretty cack.

Ward, O'Dea, Cox, Green, Whelan, McShane, Keogh

These are all guys which are favourites of the boss and its because they are yes men. Whether its an ego thing on trap's part, I can only presume these guys will run through a wall for him. But that only gets you so far.

The best managers manage to get the best players to run through walls for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

To all the "Job Done. 3 points." gang that isn't the point. If a brutal system of play was 90% useless against the Kazaks, it won't give us a chance against the Swedes or the Germans. Remember Stan's superb win away to San Marino that sparked a stunning run of form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Brady saying we should all support Trap? haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

We really are the most miserable shower of shites. I don't think I've ever seen fans of a team being upset at scoring two goals in the final two minutes to win a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Still no English -_-

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Trappatoni has not won anything of note in 15-20 years. He is a survivor but he is no Ferguson, unlike Fergie he is incapable of reinventing himself over and over again.

He is blind to change, and also to what his most talented players are.

Tonight Northern Ireland played a back 4 which man for man is better than ours. The first time ever I would say. And they are pretty cack.

Ward, O'Dea, Cox, Green, Whelan, McShane, Keogh

These are all guys which are favourites of the boss and its because they are yes men. Whether its an ego thing on trap's part, I can only presume these guys will run through a wall for him. But that only gets you so far.

The best managers manage to get the best players to run through walls for them.
    At last, a comment from a man who knows what he is talking about, good on you, Jayob10

Go on Trap :pac:

Trappatoni making excuses as usual and looking/sounding very defensive!

Does he really not speak sufficient English that he needs a translator all the time, or is it an act?

Trap says no to change. Game over people! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Trap is talking out his hoop.

We dont need to make changes?!??! WTF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    We really are the most miserable shower of shites. I don't think I've ever seen fans of a team being upset at scoring two goals in the final two minutes to win a game

People are upset at the 88 minutes that preceded it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

at the moment we are a homeless man's stoke city.

That is extremely unfair to Stoke. They are nowhere near as bad as Ireland are at the moment. I agree with Sadlier Trap has to go he is clueless as our manager. We got very lucky today, I can see the Germans running riot against us if we perform like that.

Trap should have been fired after the teams pathetic performance at the Euros!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

trap_4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Trap says he won't change the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

He thinks we're ranked 19th. He's a clown.

billyhead wrote: »

Why in this country do we love throwing money at lads before a tournament? Same in rugby. Eddie O'Sullivan and Kidney being offered new contracts before a ball is kicked.

Im only shocked Denis O'Brien who is putting up most of the cash is going along with this.

Manuela must be a world record. Longest translator to be employed in order to help a football manager.

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    Trap is talking out his hoop.

We dont need to make changes?!??! WTF!

We do...him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

We were never going to beat these guys comfortably by a few goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Brady saying the Kazakh's will take points off other teams. I'd take that bet. (unless he's talking about the Faroes or something).

At the end of the day lads even Mourinho or Fergie wouldn't be getting us to Brazil 2014. Germany and Sweden will finish first 1st and 2nd at a canter.

Brady is talking ****e!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Ah Liam is having a fanny fit. first time he's been challenged by someone other than Dunphy. Chippy at his best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever seen fans of a team being upset at scoring two goals in the final two minutes to win a game
    It shows how fickle football fans really are more than anything .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Brady: "I'm telling you, Kazakhstan will give a few teams a run for their money"

FFS.....

We were never going to beat these guys comfortably by a few goals.

Fact is though they should have beaten us comfortably long before we got that lucky penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Brady expects Kazakhstan to take points from other teams. I'll have some of whatever he is on. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Absolute bullshìt interview from Trappasaurus,please just go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

kitakyushu wrote: »
    Brady saying the Kazakh's will take points off other teams. I'd take that bet. (unless he's talking about the Faroes or something).

I wouldn't. Not Sweden anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Fair play to Ritchie he speaks all our minds on here. Brady really needs to cop on.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Brady expects Kazakhstan to take points from other teams. I'll have some of whatever he is on. :pac:

I was thinkin did Eamon leave a bottle of Vodka taped to the bottom of the table alright :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

im glad that he was pressed in that interview, difficult questions asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Sadlier is dead right, can't believe Brady has such low standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Trap is a lucky bastard. I'll have a lucky manager over one who plays the way Richie "who the hell are you" Sadlier wants any day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement