Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kazakhstan v Ireland match thread - 7/9/12 - 17:00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Brady sounds as bad as Trap. By the grace of God Trap is still in a job. He's got his luck back again anyway.

It's just life support. We keep playing this way, it's just a matter of time before Trap is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

I hope I am wrong people but don't get your hopes up with that squad under Trap and company. Don't expect to qualify and if the miracle of qualification did even happen we would be completely out of our depth against the best teams. Had to be said. :eek: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

jesus, give it a rest lad.
    No needs to get tetchy. Keane is past it and did sfa tonight. Trap is in serious danger of losing the dressing room. Omens for the future are definitely not good.

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    We really are the most miserable shower of shites. I don't think I've ever seen fans of a team being upset at scoring two goals in the final two minutes to win a game

Papers over an awful lot of cracks though and the penalty award was very clumsy by the defender. in fact perhaps keane had him grabbed every bit as much as the defender had him its just the attacker got the benefit of the doubt. Goal 2 came when the kazakhs were disillusioned and demoralised and lost their concentration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

When Trap said 'we watcha the games in England, I see Cox, Walters and Long ahhhh very well' or something to that effect. Does he not bother watching Mclean and does he realise that Cox plays for a Championship side a division below James Mcleans Sunderland??:mad:

No needs to get tetchy. Keane is past it and did sfa tonight. Trap is in serious danger of losing the dressing room. Omens for the future are definitely not good.

That process has already begun, I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Ah yoU have to love Richie at one point he was going to tell Brady get to the point.

He speaks his mind and speaks sense a great pundit.

The **** Brady is talking, could you imagine what would happen if England did what we did tonight after the same euros we had manager would be out the door the next game he lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    Brady sounds as bad as Trap. By the grace of God Trap is still in a job. He's got his luck back again anyway.

It's just life support. We keep playing this way, it's just a matter of time before Trap is gone.

If he is to go he should be cut loose now,don't think he will though,as someone said before can the FAI afford to get rid of him? So we are stuck with him for another bit,I think he doesn't trust the players to play any other way then the way we have seen them play for so long now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Brady comes across as a bully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Great win for Ireland. Let us take the positives. Westwood was excellent in goals. A real find. Easy to criticise Trap but the players he has are very limited. Not one player with the top six sides in England. I thought Trap was great in the interview. Kept his dignity despite a barrage of questions. What other manager will do better. We might play better football but the results may not be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

He's hardly a heavyweight pundit so it shows Sadlier has no business being there regardless of the merits of his argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

James Mc Clean ‏@JMcC_23
    Delighted as a fan we got the the win.. Personal level #fuming #****injoke #embarrassing

another tweet by james mcclean...personally i think he should stay quiet about his unhappiness about not getting to play but has Trap lost the players confidence at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Lads, time for a bit of national solidarity. everyone in the country contributes 1 euro since John Delaney has bankrupted the FAI so we can get rid of this lazy excuse of a manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Ah yoU have to love Richie at one point he was going to tell Brady get to the point.

He speaks his mind and speaks sense a great pundit.

The **** Brady is talking, could you imagine what would happen if England did what we did tonight after the same euros we had manager would be out the door the next game he lost.

I agree we Trap should go, but let's not be idolizing England! Their managerial history has been a shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    Feeling distinctly unspired after that rubbish from Ireland? The fastest ever Paralympian runs for his second gold medal and Ireland's 8th gold medal of the games at 19.25. Switch to More4 or Setanta Ireland and be inspired by Jason Smyth....

What a fukking run. Destroyed the world record.

Well done Jason Smyth

• Advertisement

Here is a new thread in which one could vote. The title being, should Trappatoni go or stay? Take a vote people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

McClean's not happy..

James Mc Clean ‏@JMcC_23
    Delighted as a fan we got the the win.. Personal level #fuming #****injoke #embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Feck the cat , trow Trap in a sack and f**k it in the river

Absolutly awful , cheek of Brady saying that no one else will do a better job than Trap

Or that the players should tell Trap how to manage a team

Ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Zico wrote: »

He's hardly a heavyweight pundit so it shows Sadlier has no business being there regardless of the merits of his argument.
    So former great players like Brady should automatically be guaranteed pundit positions even if they speak shyte?

Trap is a lucky bastard. I'll have a lucky manager over one who plays the way Richie "who the hell are you" Sadlier wants any day.

He is about to be found out big time. When we play the Swedes and the Germans especially we wont get away with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

shrewdness wrote: »
    McClean's not happy..

James Mc Clean ‏@JMcC_23
    At the rate we're going, we'll have no one left to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

McClean's not happy..

James Mc Clean ‏@JMcC_23

That his real account? If so....jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Yeah we get it you don't like Sadlier :rolleyes:

Pundits should be there for analysis and entertainment. Not to show off their medals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

RayCon wrote: »
    a boring, difficult to watch, 2-1 win for Ireland methinks.

Woo hoo ... go me. ... If I only I had bet it :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

markie29 wrote: »
    personally i think he should stay quiet about his unhappiness about not getting to play but has Trap lost the players confidence at this stage?

I'd tend to agree normally but Trap is a different stubborn beast. The kind of beast people try to reason with and hope for logic but the beast doesn't understand what he's doing and how he's destroying the village. The beast and the villagers need to work together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

McClean's not happy..

James Mc Clean ‏@JMcC_23

Surprised that he posted tbh. Not surprised that he's angry but that he'd take to Twitter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Good interview from Tony O'Donoghue with Trap. He didn't let him off the hook and asked him lots of hard questions including did Trap consider his position after Euro 2012. Liam Brady seemed to be a bit miffed with O'Donoghue's questions. Trap got out of jail again, the team will have to improve 10fold if they are going to even punch their weight in this campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Did Richie beat you up at some stage in your life? You some very bitter towards him.

Mcclean should stay quiet. He has 6 months done with Sunderland, came from Derry. No guarantee he will be as good this year. Keep his head down. It shows poor discipline. Compare him to Doyle when interviewed.

I'd tend to agree normally but Trap is a different stubborn beast. The kind of beast people try to reason with and hope for logic but the beast doesn't understand what he's doing and how he's destroying the village. The beast and the villagers need to work together!
    I wouldn't go as far as to call him that, but he must go if he refuses to change when asked to and he will be sacked if there is another poor performance or two against Germany and Sweden. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

flyswatter wrote: »
    So former great players like Brady should automatically be guaranteed pundit positions even if they speak shyte?

Don't forget Brady was a mediocre manager, maybe now we know why! He had the players come to him with the decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Did Richie beat you up at some stage in your life? You some very bitter towards him.

+1

If a "heavyweight pundit" means talking complete ****e and clearly just trying to defend his mate and justifying an abysmal performance vs the one guy on that panel who called it as it is, I'll take the latter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What a stupid thing for McClean to tweet. Time for him to delete the account again and not to come back to it this time as he obviously can't step away from the phone/computer for a couple of hours to cool down when he's feeling pissed off. Safe to say he won't be troubling the entry requirements of Mensa any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

flyswatter wrote: »

Who suggested that?

I was just saying that Sadlier isn't good enough for tv, he's the panel's Stephen Ward imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Paully D wrote: »
    What a stupid thing for McClean to tweet. Time for him to delete the account again and not to come back to it this time as he obviously can't step away from the phone/computer for a couple of hours to cool down when he's feeling pissed off. Safe to say he won't be troubling the entry requirements of Mensa any time soon.

It's the way of the world now - if it isn't on Facebook or Twitter you're not "cool"/important enough :rolleyes:

I hate social networking

Richie told the truth and some people cannot handle the truth, example E.T. :D Seriously they were far worse than Dublin V Mayo last Sunday! :p

But every tweet erodes Trap's position. I think he knows people want him out. He's being a cnut really, but if it gets him what he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Mcclean should stay quiet. He has 6 months done with Sunderland, came from Derry. No guarantee he will be as good this year. Keep his head down. It shows poor discipline. Compare him to Doyle when interviewed.

I want Trap out, but I have to agree with this.

McClean seems to have very little between the ears. Concentrate on staying in the Sunderland team and keep your mouth shut until called upon.

Hes good but hes not that f*cking good that he can start calling the shots after 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What a **** performance. Not good enough and it only papers over what was one of worst displays by Irish team.

• Advertisement

I can't understand why players aren't banned from using twitter.

Totally agree. Then again i suppose his international manager isnt a great example as he makes every row with players public. Steven Ireland, Shane Long recently, publicly said Darren Gibson should move club, publicly said Steven Reid was finished (we probably could have done with him tonight) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

But every tweet erodes Trap's position. I think he knows people want him out. He's being a cnut really, but if it gets him what he wants.
    How does it erode his position? Trapp will be the manager to the end of this campaign then he will retire. People would want to start realising that. He won't be sacked. All McClean is doing is running the risk of being shown the door. His choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

markie29 wrote: »
    James Mc Clean ‏@JMcC_23

another tweet by james mcclean...personally i think he should stay quiet about his unhappiness about not getting to play but has Trap lost the players confidence at this stage?

Shouldn't post stuff like that, but you can understand his frustration.

A young, talented winger playing week in, week out in one of the top leagues in the world, and he is on the bench having to watch an average Championship striker, being played out of position instead of him?

Foolish tweet, but his frustration is understandable.

The two goals paper over the cracks. In the long term, it's probably a bad thing that we've managed to win by some miracle. The consequences of ignoring our best young players, and playing such a poor brand of football will have a knock on effect far, far beyond 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I've lost a lot of respect for Brady after that show. He insulted the viewers that had to watch that display by backing his mate to the hill, if he had keep quiet you could understand but there was no need to try and bullsh*t us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Missed the game due to work but no matter how bad the performance was I can't believe that 'fans' are unhappy when Ireland score.

Last time I checked the rules it's goals that win games and we scored 2 legit goals to their 1.

With the amount of bad luck from Paris in 2009, Macedonia in 99, even Belgium in 81, I think this team deserves to go somewhere and rob a result.

There are certainly problems with this team but calling for Ireland to lose a game is shameful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well Trap won't be leaving until after the World Cup qualifying campaign as he won't leave and the FAI won't pay up his contract.

Fair enough McClean can be pissed off, but he'd be better off having a word in private because the way he's going on he'll end his international career (for the next couple of years anyway) before it has started and he's making himself look like a twat.

The lad needs serious training in media and PR because he's showing the brain capacity of a spud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Where was Dunphy anyway? On the sauce last night?

Wouldnt be surprised if McClean's account was hacked it just seems so bizarre that a professional player albeit a young one, would make such a blunder.

The Irish players let both themselves down and their Country, the real Irish that is. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

murpho999 wrote: »
    Missed the game due to work but no matter how bad the performance was I can't believe that 'fans' are unhappy when Ireland score.

Last time I checked the rules it's goals that win games and we scores 2 legit goals to their 1.

With the amount of bad luck from Paris in 2009, Macedonia in 99, even Belgium in 81, I think this team deserves to go some where and rob a result.

There are certainly problems with this team but calling for Ireland to lose a game is shameful

I can understand why people wanted us to lose, sometimes you have to take a step back to take two forward.

• Advertisement
Advertisement