Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kazakhstan v Ireland match thread - 7/9/12 - 17:00

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Zico wrote: »
    Who suggested that?

I was just saying that Sadlier isn't good enough for tv, he's the panel's Stephen Ward imo.

Nonsense, Sadlier was the only one on the panel there tonight that remotely told it like it was. He should be promoted to the senior panel for all big Ireland games. Liam Brady is compromised when it comes to Trap, he shouldn't be there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

Wouldnt be surprised if McClean's account was hacked it just seems so bizarre that a professional player albeit a young one, would make such a blunder.

Ya, I thought he had given up on twitter after the death threats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

murpho999 wrote: »
    Missed the game due to work but no matter how bad the performance was I can't believe that 'fans' are unhappy when Ireland score.

Last time I checked the rules it's goals that win games and we scores 2 legit goals to their 1.

With the amount of bad luck from Paris in 2009, Macedonia in 99, even Belgium in 81, I think this team deserves to go some where and rob a result.

There are certainly problems with this team but calling for Ireland to lose a game is shameful

Agree

While I was as angry as anybody in country watching game I did celebrate like crazy when they scored second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Russia are ranked 13th in the world and they only beat Northern Ireland, ranked 129th, at home 2-0.

I wonder if Boards.ru are calling for Capello's head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Missed the game due to work but no matter how bad the performance was I can't believe that 'fans' are unhappy when Ireland score.

Last time I checked the rules it's goals that win games and we scores 2 legit goals to their 1.

With the amount of bad luck from Paris in 2009, Macedonia in 99, even Belgium in 81, I think this team deserves to go some where and rob a result.

There are certainly problems with this team but calling for Ireland to lose a game is shameful

I can understand why people wanted us to lose, sometimes you have to take a step back to take two forward.
    But it's retarded because he wouldn't have been sacked even if we lost 3 - 0. The only way he leaves before Nov 2013 is if he walks. Why can you not grasp that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

In fairness though these lads grew up on facebook and twitter thats the way of the world with the youth to communicate, he is no different to any other young lad in that respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wouldnt be surprised if McClean's account was hacked it just seems so bizarre that a professional player albeit a young one, would make such a blunder.

Doesn't surprise me with McClean to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Russia are ranked 13th in the world and they only beat Northern Ireland, ranked 129th, at home 2-0.

I wonder if Boards.ru are calling for Capello's head.
    No because Russia played some decent football, picked their best players, had lots of chances and were by far the better team. Not one of those things could be said of Ireland, its great watching the Trap lovers try to defend him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Jaysus I was never so disappointed after a win.Im delighted to get the points but we were so bad tonight ,its depressing and I would say it is totally down to Trap.Bad team selection,players playing out of position,no set game plan or tactics and then the substitions were shocking.
    If trap changed a few things it could make all the difference and actully get people supporting him.Its like he is being higheaded for the sake of it .Start the best 11 we have and also give players a fair chance to break into the team.Players in form should have a genuine chance of getting a game.
    WE are no world beaters but we should be aiming a little higher than playing hoofball against one of the worst teams around(5th worse in UEFA).We should be able to be disciplined and work to a proper gameplan and still play good football.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

How we won that I will never know. Terrible tactics and team selection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Nonsense, Sadlier was the only one on the panel there tonight that remotely told it like it was. He should be promoted to the senior panel for all big Ireland games. Liam Brady is compromised when it comes to Trap, he shouldn't be there at all.
    at the same time though it's obvious Saddlier is taking the populist route to popularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Paully D wrote: »
    Well Trap won't be leaving until after the World Cup qualifying campaign as he won't leave and the FAI won't pay up his contract.

Fair enough McClean can be pissed off, but he'd be better off having a word in private because the way he's going on he'll end his international career (for the next couple of years anyway) before it has started and he's making himself look like a twat.

The lad needs serious training in media and PR because he's showing the brain capacity of a spud.

We continue to play like that and tournament will be over by next March. Paying off Trap will seem like a much better financial move than having 4 home qualifiers with 142 people in the Aviva. You do realise how much money they make from a home game?

Not to mention the long term affects on the team's development. Delaney may be a fool, but he's not that much of a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

It's not that surprising, there's plenty of young professional players who have posted inappropriate things on twitter, they just haven't got enough between the ears to realise how it looks or that it may have consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    Delaney may be a fool, but he's not that much of a fool.

I wouldn't put it past him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

I don't think the most optimistic of us think we will qualify, especially after watching that rubbish. So in a way tonight's result was a bit meaningless.

The longer Trapatonni stays in charge the further down his tactics, stubbornness, poor man management and blind spots for players are going to bring us.

If prior to kick off I was told defeat tonight and against Germany would get him sacked, I'd have probably been supporting the Khazaks! His time is up and Delaney hasn't the balls to pull the trigger unless forced to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

The squad need to go back to basics as they cannot even get the fundamental basics of the game correct. How many shots did abysmal Ireland get on goal anyone? What are the statistics? How many passes went astray and the ball mindlessly struck or hoofed as many put it forward. What crud! anyone agree with that? They call it the beautiful game, well that title was surely shat on tonight. We as a National team are like the doomed Titanic and sure to sink as it did while under Trappatoni's reign. I wish him and them luck though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

I agreed with a lot of what he said, so did everyone watching the game. The guy next to me in the pub could put forward an equally compelling case for sacking Trap but I'd rather hear from someone with a qualified opinion. Sadlier's opinion has no more weight to it than the bloke in the pub to me.

Brady might be talking ****e but when it comes to what goes on in football at the highest level all he has to say to Sadlier is "How would you know?"

at the same time though it's obvious Saddlier is taking the populist route to popularity.

Snore... he cant have the same opinion as anyone on here? hang on wait no he probably logged on to boards to check what was popular before he responded.

ridiculous....

I agreed with a lot of what he said, so did everyone watching the game. The guy next to me in the pub could put forward an equally compelling case for sacking Trap but I'd rather hear from someone with a qualified opinion. Sadlier's opinion has no more weight to it than the bloke in the pub to me.

Brady might be talking ****e but when it comes to what goes on in football at the highest level all he has to say to Sadlier is "How would you know?"

Well if you think brady knows anything about the current state of football at the highest level more fool you, the man is delirious.

'kazakhstan will be troubling germany. ffs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

And Brady's managerial credentials are??

Mourinho, Wenger never made it as players. Keane, Robson outstanding footballers. I know whose football opinions I'd listen to though!!!

Being a great player doesn't automatically mean you know everything about football!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Doesn't surprise me with McClean to be honest.

Nor me. As much as I like him as a player he doesn't help himself at all and seems completely thick. I'm pretty sure Martin O'Neill will have a word and put a stop to these idiotic Twitter posts pretty quickly anyway, but as far as his international career under Trap goes the damage may already be done and he has no one to blame but himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Germany 0-0 Faroe Islands 27 mins gone.

double GG wrote: »
    Germany 0-0 Faroe Islands 27 mins gone.
    God help us when we play them so, Faroes that is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

When did the Irish team arrive in Kazakhstan?

Football is a simple game but oh boy did they make it look complicated and arduous tonight. Any predictions for the result against Germany perhaps? Trap is using the job as a filler until he retires, he knows not to expect much from the players dealt to him, I am awake to this man but I wish him well. He is up against it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

God help us when we play them so, Faroes that is.
    1-0 Now MArioooooooooo Gotze!

Paully D wrote: »
    Nor me. As much as I like him as a player he doesn't help himself at all and seems completely thick. I'm pretty sure Martin O'Neill will have a word and put a stop to these idiotic Twitter posts pretty quickly anyway, but as far as his international career under Trap goes the damage may already be done and he has no one to blame but himself.
    Many people in the limelight be it soccer, politics and the media here in Ireland are thick. There is no democracy for the common person on the street be it sport, bloody politics and the economy. We have no say and we put up with nonsense and do nothing about it. Complain to the F.A.I. guys and gals.

FREETV wrote: »
    Football is a simple game but oh boy did they make it look complicated and arduous tonight. Any predictions for the result against Germany perhaps? Trap is using the job as a filler until he retires, he knows not to expect much from the players dealt to him, I am awake to this man but I wish him well. He is up against it.

He is making things harder than they have to be for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Who suggested that?

I was just saying that Sadlier isn't good enough for tv, he's the panel's Stephen Ward imo.

Hes mile ahead of the other three stuck in the 70's.

Sadlier talks constent sense and has a real intrack into what the modern game is actually like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

FREETV wrote: »

Germany - we're beaten
    Sweden - we're beaten
    (3 days later)
    Austria - a draw (in front of half empty Aviva)

Trap gone.

• Advertisement

pmcmahon wrote: »
    He is making things harder than they have to be for everyone
    Yes he is and he is very stubborn and will look back after retirement with many regrets that he stood steadfast in his approach to everything and his mentality, mentality being a word he uses to death in nearly every interview. :D

Germany - we're beaten
    Sweden - we're beaten
    (3 days later)

Trap gone.

Unless we find a world class manager and a few irish granny's for the players of the spanish team.

Germany - we're beaten
    Sweden - we're beaten
    (3 days later)

Trap gone.
    Yes and the irony is that the team and their prospects seem to be banjaxed, a very fitting description and it is also your handle name. I agree totally with you. Banjaxed82. They sometimes played like Elders tonight and looked clueless tactically, thick even. :D :rolleyes: They have no chance against the top opposition, it will be a fluke if they win or draw against Germany or Sweden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

pmcmahon wrote: »
    When did the Irish team arrive in Kazakhstan?

About the 88th minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

And he would get absolutely crucified for that.

TheStook wrote: »
    That you're a tool?
    Classy post.

Following the national team gives me not one ounce of enjoyment any longer, only interest i had in the game was my under 2.5goals bet which we somehow managed to ruin. Trap is a lost cause, little point even speaking about him anymore, until he leaves we wont see the better young players get a chance, we will stay in a rigid aimless tactically inept 442 and every one of our games will be appalling to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Getting the impression here a lot of people were kinda annoyed when we scored twice tonight.

Getting the impression here a lot of people were kinda annoyed when we scored twice tonight.
    I was for the reason outlined above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

TheStook wrote: »
    That you're a tool?

This is getting f$cking ridiculous now. So a spectator can not be allowed a mooted sense of relief after getting out of jail against a team ranked 142 in the rankings while giving one of the worst performances seen by an Irish team? Get off your high horse. Was i glad we came away with 3 points? You betcha. Was i, and still am, completely deflated after that performance that it felt like i had lost €50 only to find €20? Yes i did. Forgive me for not jumping up and down and kissing the Sacred Heart Of Jesus after that dire performance. That must make me a terrible fan and an even worse Catholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Anyone got a highlights link?

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    There werent any.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

There are none.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I wasn't.Had Ireland in a 5 away win accumulator.....all others winning at the moment.

Those 2 goals shouldn't gloss over any opinions anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

There are none.:pac:
    There's 3 goals I wouldnt mind seeing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Full game is up on the RTE player if you can get that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I was a big Trappatoni fan and even after the shambles at the Euros I did try to say that we should give him the benefit of the doubt - the doubt being that two from the group got to the final.

However, today was worse than Cyprus beating us 5-2. Granted, we robbed Kazakhstan in the last 5 - 7 minutes of the game, but our performance was absolutely dire. This is a big thread at this stage but I've been following it all day, and someone did mention Einstein's quote about insanity and they are dead right.

Why leave a winger on the bench and try to play three players out of position?

Why play the Jack Charlton tactic against a team ranked 120-something.

Is the bar so low now that all we can do is hoof it against Kazakhstan? I would expect us to do that against the likes of Spain, Brazil, Germany, Argentina....but not ****ing Kazakhstan.

Trapp has no plan, absolutely no plan. The lads were asked what he said at half time and they said he told them to push up more. In other words, he didn't ask them to try and play football, he wanted more of them up front so we could continue to hoof it.

I honestly believe after this that he is completely senile and he needs to go.

If the FAI won't pay him off I think we should. Someone else mentioned this as well. I would gladly give a grand to see the back of him.

If you defend Trappatoni after this you are as delusional as he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

For all the moaning I'm happier to have won the game than lost it. I'd take a loss if it meant the manager was gone tomorrow, but that was not going to happen either way, so might as well enjoy our stolen victory and keep the good ship Traptanic steaming ahead to next months encounter with the iceberg that is Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    But it's retarded because he wouldn't have been sacked even if we lost 3 - 0. The only way he leaves before Nov 2013 is if he walks. Why can you not grasp that?

Unfortunately it looks like Trap is here for the full campaign. Another massive f*ck up by the FAI, handing out a contract while riding the feel good factor of the Euros.

This team is going nowhere. If we somehow do qualify for the World Cup then we'll just get shown up again.

Morale in the squad is low, there has been a breakdown in basic communication between management and players, some good players are not being picked, some poor ones are and the football we have to watch is dreadful.

A change is needed and it's frustrating that we all know it won't be coming win lose or draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

[-0-] wrote: »
    If the FAI won't pay him off I think we should. Someone else mentioned this as well. I would gladly give a grand to see the back of him.

Dafuq?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I didn't even make a sound despite my country scoring 2 goals in a minute.

That says it all.
    Yeah it says it all about you and everyone else cheering against Ireland. Pathetic the lot of ye.

Yep I honestly don't get the disappointment vibe of us snatching the win? Granted the performance was dreadful and hard to be confident going into the rest of the games, but what's all the "ah FFS" nonsense about?

We did snatch a winner or are some of you from Kazakhstan? If so well then I understand your disappointment, if not...maybe don't watch anymore Irish matches if a win is a disappointment to you.

Advertisement