Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaway Food in Skibbereen - What is there?

Options
  • 02-09-2012 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

I'm heading to Skibbereen for a number of nights and as I don't plan on cooking every night what is there takeaway-ish

I can find 3 in 1 and a Chinese down the road.

Anything else?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

The Busy bee chipper,near the west cork hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I'm heading to Skibbereen for a number of nights and as I don't plan on cooking every night what is there takeaway-ish

I can find 3 in 1 and a Chinese down the road.

Anything else?

If your going through millstreet call for tae...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

-Corkie- wrote: »
    If your going through millstreet call for tae...:)

Nope, have to head through Mahon Point to pick something up so nowhere near you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭grange mac

you can get a take away dinner from west cork hotel...i get 2 every fri and sat for 18e dam tastey. i ring in advance and just go to receotion to collect. works out 9e for a nice hot dinner...enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Busy Bee. Hi Style and 3 in 1 for trad takeaway
    3 in 1 also do indian and kebabs I think
    There are a couple of chinese, don't know the names (although the one with the cannabis farm upstairs is shut :rolleyes:). There used to be an indian on the tragumna road but I'm not sure if it's still open

For eating in, The Paragon does good all purpose pub dinners, The Church is quite good but a little boring, Les Voyages is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Hi Style is closed, theres a Turkish place there now and i havent heard great things.

The Oak Fire Pizzeria is behind main street near the car park. Proper over cooked pizza, good price too.
    Also in main street is "Longs Chipper". Its like a non-moving chip-van. Does a great chicken burger with black pudding.
    West Cork Hotel does great meal deals like Dinner and Pint €10 nights.
    Paragon does grand bar food, reasonable, getting food after 8 on a weekend could be tough as it gets busy.

More upmarket restaurants are Le Voyage (main street) and The Riverside (North Street). Food is far from Takeaway-ish so might not be what you are looking for.

Oh yeah the Busy Bee on Ilen street is the main chipper, often would see the Garda car or a tractor parked outside collecting "the dinner". Still has old arcade games from the 90's down the back also, don't like their ketchup though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I've been and gone to Skibb.

Didn't eat in the Pizzeria. Thought it was overpriced to be honest.

Did eat in Longs, thought it was pretty odd. Chefs hat and saying next when I walked up even though the place had nobody else there. Fair play though they made the taco sauce/mince to order which is good. Shame it was €5. Chips were nice I thought. Missus said they were greasy.

Also got ONE bag of chips in Busy Bee(nothing else other than that) and they were cheap and frozen(not obviously when eating them :D )

Advertisement