Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Howth

Options
  • 02-09-2012 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some recommendations for restaurants in Howth.

I don't want somewhere that does specific food (Indian, Chinese etc). I also don't want to spend more than E30-E35 for food.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Toast4532 wrote: »
    ...I also don't want to spend more than E30-E35 for food...
    For a main dish or for starter/main/dessert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

For a main dish or for starter/main/dessert?
    Main or even an early bird would be great, but no more than E30 for a main.

If I found a good restaurant and thought it was worth paying a bit extra, I'd pay the bit extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

I can highly recommend House. They do great reasonably priced food and do an early bird. On Tuesday you can bring your own wine and they don't charge corkage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Brass monkey is good too.

Cheers for the recommendations, going to check them out now. Would love to hear of more places.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Aqua is lovely .
    They have a nice early bird menu too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

the oar house, octopussy and brass monkey are all good but booking maybe needed in octopussy. its very small inside. New place east cafe over by king sitrics meant to be nice aswell. El paso is ok food is same as the old el paso but atmosphere isnt as good as the old place

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Aqua is lovely .
    They have a nice early bird menu too.
    Aqua is great - food atmosphere service all excellent.

Has anyone tried Ella up in the Village beside centra? I dont know anyone whos ever been into it and never think of it as a place to go when im out in howth as its usually easier to eat along the harbour front or pier restaurants

Thanks everyone for your recommendations.

• Advertisement

The food in Ivans is really good, however the service is really poor. It's such a simple thing to get right but unfortunately lets them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

The service in House isn't great either, just takes a long time; however I've mostly been up there for breakfast / brunch which is fantastic, really tasty.

Its not really a restaurant as such, but Il Panorama on the harbour road is a great cafe by day, and a wine / pizza bar at night; they serve beers too. Good atmosphere and the odd celeb spotted in there too!

Findlaters is OK, kind of standard food, it can be empty during the week though, not that that's a problem but its nice to have other diners in the place!

I haven't been to Deep for a long time (not even sure if its still there) but I know other people who like it.

I think that's pretty much all the restaurants in Howth! :-)

Was never in Deep. Went to go in a few weekends ago when we couldnt get into octopusse or the brass monkey but when we realised there was no one in the place at 9pm there must be somthing wrong with it so didnt go in.

The service in House isn't great either, just takes a long time; however I've mostly been up there for breakfast / brunch which is fantastic, really tasty.

That's interesting, I've been for dinner twice in the last three weeks, both on Saturday night and the service was excellent. It wasn't full which may have helped but we had our starters quickly and a nice gap between mains.

I've only ever been for lunch once, last Christmas and it was full. might do better trade during the day.

Advertisement