Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Richmond, North Brunswick Street

Options
  • 02-09-2012 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi

I am deciding to buy an apartment in development The Richmond, North Brunswick Street.

What is the quality of apartments there? Is this a quiet neighbourghood?

I would be grateful for any tip.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

has a couple of hostels beside for the homeless, the odd wino shouting etc the actual appartments themselves would be fairly secure. mostly foreign people renting in the area. Should go and check around the area for yourself to get a feel for it. Not a particularly bad area

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Clareh123

My sister lives there, there's good and bad about it like anywhere else. But there's security on nearly all the time I think and the place is quite well looked after and clean. There's some kind of leaking problem at the moment and a few water outages because of it but hopefully it's being sorted. There is quite a varied mix of people living there, young families and students and working people. Most of the neighbours seem sound but you'll always have people's bad cooking smells and people who blare music or shout. The apartments themselves are quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

You should rent there before you buy .They will probably be cheaper in 6 or 12 months anyway .
    There is a school across the road ,Saint Pauls CBS Brunswick st .I went there myself many years ago .

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mix_Tape

Rented there myself. Definitely would not recommend buying. Place was overrun with vermon, constant problems with water leakages, zero access through gates as intercom systems have never worked which is a major inconvenience. They are also very poorly sound insulated meaning you can hear absolutely everything between the walls. As another poster may have mentioned, there is a huge proportion of foreign nationals living in the complex in the private rented sector which results in an extremely transient population with zero sense of community spirit or dare I say common friendliness. Not a big fan of 'gated-communities'. I feel they are partly reponsible for the perception of anti-social behaviour in areas. I would definitely not recommend buying into this particular development. Plenty of better quality, better managed complexes in the area which are much better suited to anyone looking to put roots in an area. The Richmond is best suited for short term rentals. Definitely not 'home' material. Teeming with buy to let landlords with zero interest in engendering any kind of community spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mentalist101

Rented there and it was horrid. Water leaked onto the carpets and wrecked everything. It was hard to find where the problem was. Had pretty bad neighbours who were very noisy and obnoxious. Stay well away from the Richmond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭natali1982

Thank you guys. We decided not to buy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Posulli

Hi, thought I would revive the topic- does anyone know whether this development has improved? I am thinking of buying there.

I heard that since a new management company took over, the quality of the development has improved.

It also seems that the area is on the up with the redevelopment of Grangegorman as the new DIT campus.

Any advice or up-to-date thoughts on the area also very much appreciated :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Have they actually turned the hospital that was a Court until recently into apartments, or is it the modern building to the West?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Have they actually turned the hospital that was a Court until recently into apartments, or is it the modern building to the West?
    It's the modern building they're talking about. The former hospital/courts are opening soon as "education and event" centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭redbug

It's now 2017 and I thought I would revive this post as I am thinking of buying there, has the complex improved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Commentator

Hi Redbug, I'm not sure if you are still looking to buy or live in the Richmond but I've lived there for nine years now and I can't recommend it highly enough. My fear of living in an apartment block is noisy neighbours; would I be kept awake all night and then be sleep deprived going to work. Well that is promptly dealt with as the on-site janitor will call on the late night revellers and ask them to be quite. Granted since the economy is on the up-swing the class of tenant has improved so it's years since I've had to contact the janitor. Beyond that there is an excellent management company who deal with everything else. The common areas were recently re-carpeted and overall the place is looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Superapplestar

Hi as I am currently renting there, are the pets allowed at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ask your landlord for a copy of the house rules; however if they say no to pets its irrelevant what the house rules are.

Advertisement