Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Embarrassing Irish Nightlife. [NSFW]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

There's a million and one pages like that on facebook.

I don't see what's embarrassing anyway, most of them look like a good night out to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

A good night is judged on how little you can remember the next day and how filthy your clothes are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

James Walsh is a lucky fecker, that's all I can say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Some of them were taken during the day - the one of the girl leaning against a wall and peeing is particularly fetching.

This isn't an Irish phenomenon, you could take pictures like this in many other countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

A good few of those photos weren't even taken in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

tempura wrote: »
    Came across this on facebook. Why ? just Why ?

http://www.facebook.com/EmbarrassingIrishNightlifePhotos

Why not?

Thankfully my worst episodes were long before the camera-phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Came across this on facebook

It's not that good

How come I never meet those sort of women on a night out? I can't help but feel cheated. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

Scary how quickly people are tracked down by their friends on it though..feckin' cameras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Wish I had nights out like that ! The three groups of people on the beach ! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

The photos don't look to be taken in Ireland.

That sort of thing doesn't happen here.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Funny enough but some of the things I saw in Coppers last night would put some of them to shame.

Casillas wrote: »
    Scary how quickly people are tracked down by their friends on it though..feckin' cameras

Yeah they should never have put cameras in mobile phones. You can get away with nothing these days, not even public shaging!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Note to fellas: Ye are not hilarious when ye put on womens clothing, its been done to death and was never funny in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

The first pic of the guy on the ground after a fight was taken in Ireland. I live like 5 mins from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

69 boy is getting the bonk on.

Isnt that the reason we all go out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Seriously people actually like these stupid pages!! they should just re-name it....Embarrassing binge drinking teenagers..cause that's all it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Came across this on facebook. Why ? just Why ?

http://www.facebook.com/EmbarrassingIrishNightlifePhotos

Should be "proud nightlife photos" judging by some of them.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I can't see it, but i guess it's like Alternative Ireland a few years back, where someone went around photographing people in the height of their night..??

Facebook. The mini-internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

how is this thread still open, I seen folks going to prison for a lot less, (tent looking like a woman)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I think I'd rather just see the photo instead of having to endure the "Ahhh, yeh shudeh' seen me last noih', went ou' an' goh' totally f*cken...f*cken' weeeerrrh'...wahahaha..."

Anyway, stupidity is just part of our culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

What bothers me about that page is the comments that seem to be of two types:

1)Calling a girl a whore or a skank when engaging in some form of sexual activity with a guy (who invariably is described as "lucky" or a "legend")

2)Making comments like "easy pickings" and "she's anyone's" on pictures of drunken passed out girls.

And no, before anyone says so, those sort of comments are not "just a laugh".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Piste wrote: »
    What bothers me about that page is the comments that seem to be of two types:

1)Calling a girl a whore or a skank when engaging in some form of sexual activity with a guy (who invariably is described as "lucky" or a "legend")

2)Making comments like "easy pickings" and "she's anyone's" on pictures of drunken passed out girls.

And no, before anyone says so, those sort of comments are not "just a laugh".

They're not just a laugh, they're actually true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Jaysus some of those pictures could borderline illegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I'm mortified for the people in those photos, especially the ones where the guys are raming their hands down those girls pants in full view.

It's an open page folks...........

Your mothers must be so proud girls!!!

Not to mention future bosses, partners,friends etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

CJC999 wrote: »
    A good night is judged on how little you can remember the next day and how filthy your clothes are.

thanks to cameras you dont have to remember you can have the craic and piece the events together the next day

considering under 15s read this section, where is the modding (is there such a word)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

considering under 15s read this section, where is the modding (is there such a word)

Under 15's use facebook too, go complain to them.

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Under 15's use facebook too, go complain to them.

this is not Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

this is not Facebook.

Thanks Captain obvious.
    Dont like it, report it instead of derailing the thread.

Decided to be a stick in the mud and reported the Facebook page. Some of the people in those pictures could be underage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Decided to be a stick in the mud and reported the Facebook page. Some of the people in those pictures could be underage

They can't be.
    Alcohol is only sold to those aged 18 or over.

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Thanks Captain obvious.
    Dont like it, report it instead of derailing the thread.

defo not trying to derail the thread, but if I was I would hope it would end up with us speaking about the hungry kids in Asia.

mikom wrote: »
    They can't be.
    Alcohol is only sold to those aged 18 or over.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Cringey in the extreme. My rule is never use drink as an excuse for stupidity.

Though some of them would be posed. I've seen a couple of times people posing on a night out so as to appear "out of it" or drunk lying on the floor when they weren't, so they would have something to uplo to faceebook to show how kerazy they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Under 15s have seen and/or done it all before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Red Hand wrote: »
    Cringey in the extreme. My rule is never use drink as an excuse for stupidity.

Though some of them would be posed. I've seen a couple of times people posing on a night out so as to appear "out of it" or drunk lying on the floor when they weren't, so they would have something to uplo to faceebook to show how kerazy they are.
    Say, that's not a bad idea...

Mr. Rager wrote: »

ah yes makes its ok, fook the rules unless your effected by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

ah yes makes its ok, fook the rules unless your effected by them.
    Exactly.

Finally, you get it.

Exactly.

Finally, you get it.

keep safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Anyone wanna shhhtick a few of the photos up here for us weirdos that dont have a FB account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

mishkalucy wrote: »
    I'm mortified for the people in those photos, especially the ones where the guys are raming their hands down those girls pants in full view.

It's an open page folks...........

Your mothers must be so proud girls!!!

Not to mention future bosses, partners,friends etc etc

Everyone seems to pick out the girls in those photos, when it's the guy who is doing that in the first place :rolleyes:

Naomi00 wrote: »
    Everyone seems to pick out the girls in those photos, when it's the guy who is doing that in the first place :rolleyes:

My point is that the lads always get seen as a "ledge" or someother sh*te but the girl is always seen as a slapper etc.

That's not my rules it's just the way things are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Naomi00 wrote: »

To be fair the guys more than likely obtained some sort of permission from said girls.. Unless I missed the last meeting and it is now commonplace for us to be sticking our hands down random peoples trousers?

mishkalucy wrote: »
    My point is that the lads always get seen as a "ledge" or someother sh*te but the girl is always seen as a slapper etc.

That's not my rules it's just the way things are.

It's the way things shouldn't be.

PandaX9 wrote: »
    To be fair the guys more than likely obtained some sort of permission from said girls.. Unless I missed the last meeting and it is now commonplace for us to be sticking our hands down random peoples trousers?

The girls in those photos are smiling so I would say its a given.

Who calls them ledges and why do you care? You want those lads approval?

100% agreed

But it is.

I'm not a nun:D

Have "enjoyed" my younger years but like a lot of the other posters stated our antics were not memorialised by camera phone and plastered all over the web for every dog and divil to leer over and laugh at.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Who calls them ledges and why do you care? You want those lads approval?

People on facebook say it on the page and I care because it represents a blatant double standard that exists in society which says sexually active men are "legends" but women are "skanks". It's not a double standard I like to see perpetuated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement