Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phone contract.....

Options
  • 02-09-2012 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

just looking for advice, last january i went with a certain mobile phone provider on a 24 month contract for an iPhone. i am paying a €40,00 per month plan.

according to their website, this plan has now changed and i was never made aware of the changes.

on this basis can i argue this point to terminate the contract?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Tac

id say new customers... as there is no mention of the old plan that im on, on the website now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Most mobile operators change plans to new ones and never inform old customers of the new plans.

But if you ring up asking to move onto it they will probably say you have to sign up to another 24 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Has the change had any negative effect on your personal terms ie. are you getting less flexi units or data than was agreed at the start of the contract?

If it hasn't had any negative effect on you then you probably couldn't argue that you should be able to terminate the contract on this basis.

Even if it did have a negative effect on you, you only have a certain amount of time after the change to put in a claim

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

this just sounds like a new similar tariff being offered for new customers, not a change to the op's contract. if this is the case, there's no reason for cancellation

Advertisement