Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

battle of the bands/talent show starting oct 12th

• 02-09-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

For any bands or sole musicians who are interested, there is a battle of the bands/talent show on in "The Kildrought Lounge" in Celbridge starting on Friday October 12th at around 9pm, each act plays 2 songs each. heats will run for 5 weeks and on each night 2 acts will go through to the semi's. From there 2 acts from each semi final will go on to the Final. Prizes include 1400euro for 1st place, not sure what prizes are for 2nd and 3rd yet but il know soon enough. A good competition for anyone in that area who is starting off or a band who wants a gig or two under their belt with the opportunity earning some prize money. its free to enter, so if anyone wants to put their name down or wants to know more details, post here or you can pm me.

Cheers,
    Neal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rockinsoul

Hi Neal,

My name is Sue I live in Celbridge and have a band called Rockin'Soul we would be very interested in the battle of the bands how do we go about getting a place

Regards

Sue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Is It Over 18's?:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FYMUSIC

Hi Neal,

Were are an Acoustic from North Dublin and we'd be more than happy to take part. Our FB Page is ForeverYoung Ireland.

Or you can mail us at fymusicdub@hotmail.com.

Thank's Neal

Geoff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

How are winners on each night decided? Judges or crowd? Is it free entry to the competition for bands and is it free for punters on the night?

Thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭philc1974

Is it original bands or cover bands?

The reason why im asking is because it can decide the outcome, my band recently got to the finals of one of these "Battle of the bands" competitions as an original band, only to see the 1st place prize go to a tribute band??!! :rolleyes:

So whats the criteria?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

philc1974 wrote: »
    Is it original bands or cover bands?

The reason why im asking is because it can decide the outcome, my band recently got to the finals of one of these "Battle of the bands" competitions as an original band, only to see the 1st place prize go to a tribute band??!! :rolleyes:

So whats the criteria?
    great and valid point....if you are an original band you generally haven't a hope against a cover band.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭philc1974

Seems to be the case but not always, i was in a cover band too and we got pipped to the post by an original band ha ha! (No really!, i got it both ends ha ha!)

Who are the judges? .Is it the barman and the lounge staff who get to decide? Is the job of picking the winning band lie with the loudest cheer from the crowd?.

I think it should really be Original bands only or cover bands only, but certainly not together, cos its so unfair if a partisan crowd comes to see their favourite Bon Jovi cover band win the competition!. It also turns off people who write their own material from entering these competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 winnie the poo

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late reply. Hopefully all your questions are answered below :)

Ok, well its in the Kildrought Lounge on the Main street in Celbridge Co.Kildare. its free to enter for acts and punters, strictly over 18's! there will be bouncers on the door checking I.D. A house band on the night will run the show (which I play in :p) and provide all the backline gear, drumkit, amps, p.a etc. The competition starts on friday oct 12th and heats will run every friday there after till the 9th of November, kicks off around 10 o clock each night. So you can enter any friday you want for those 5 weeks. each act will play 2 songs (you can play original or cover, it's up to you) and on the night 2 acts will go through to the semi's on the 16th and 23rd of november and the final will be on november 30th. For the heats and semi finals its an audience vote on the night so its important to bring a crowd down. On the final it will be a guest judge (a representative from a drinks promotion company who sponsors the prize fund, I don't know who they are personally) 1st place is 1400e. there are also cash prizes for every act who reaches the final. If you decide you def want to enter just message me

your name and band name,
    how many people are in the band/ what people play
    a contact number
    and finally which Friday you want to first play the heats

note. if you don't get through the heats on the first night you can enter again next week.

and any other questions just ask :)

Cheers,
    Neal

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ruthc71

Heya, i'm really interested in this, in a band called Parade Of The Almost two of our members live in Celbridge, contact me on potaofficial@live.com if you're into having us thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 winnie the poo

ruthc71 wrote: »
    Heya, i'm really interested in this, in a band called Parade Of The Almost two of our members live in Celbridge, contact me on potaofficial@live.com if you're into having us thanks

Hi,

I sent you an email to the above address, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 THE GALLOPING MAJOR

We are a three piece band from dublin we would be interested in playing can you send me some info cheers john

Advertisement