Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snakeskin bag needs a new zip

• 02-09-2012 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently purchased a snakeskin bag from eBay with a zip that doesn't work, Stupidly I thought it'd be easy to get a new zip put on the bag but apparently because of the material of the bag (snakeskin) it's very, very difficult, if at all possible to get a zip put on the bag. This is what I was told when I took it to a cobblers (who does bags as well as shoes).

I am going to Dublin next week and I was hoping there was somewhere I could leave the bag into to get a new zip put on to it, can anyone recommend somewhere?

I am only going to be in Dublin for the day, so unfortunately I would only be able to leave it in somewhere for a few hours. I could drop it in in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon/early evening.

I'd really appreciate some some suggestions, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Are there any teeth missing from the zip because if there isn't you night just need a new pully of similar size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    Are there any teeth missing from the zip because if there isn't you night just need a new pully of similar size.

No teeth missing at all. The cobbler I brought it into used a pliers type tool and tightened the zip I think and it was grand for a day and then it went again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

There's a leather repair shop on Harcourt street that was recommended to me by a cobbler a few years ago. I had two good leather bags that needed mending and he sent me there. Very good work and as far as I can remember not unreasonably priced.

http://www.donnellyleathers.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

KazDub wrote: »
    There's a leather repair shop on Harcourt street that was recommended to me by a cobbler a few years ago. I had two good leather bags that needed mending and he sent me there. Very good work and as far as I can remember not unreasonably priced.

http://www.donnellyleathers.ie/
    Thanks so much. I will phone them in a little while and see if they do snakeskin bags.

Advertisement