Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your favourite Cartoon " Character " as a kid........

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Super Ted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Venger from Dungeons and Dragons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Enough of your Ninja Turtles and SuperTed. Bring back REAL cartoons, those that, according to the authorities at the time, would create a generation of thieves and degenerates, i.e. Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Snagglepuss, Popeye the Sailorman, Pixie, Dixie and Jinkxie, etc.
    (Hope this gets past the prison censor.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Inspector Gadget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Chicken Boo

A character from Anamaniacs, he was a giant chicken who dressed up someone famous (Lincoln, Einstein, Freud) and everyone bar one person completely bought that he was this person and not a chicken. The one guy would go "HE'S A CHICKEN, HES NOT THE PRESIDENT"

Eventually CHicken Boos story would escalate to the point where he must speak public or do the job of the person he was supposed to be (e.g. Evil Canevil would jump 20 buses etc...) instead chicken boo would completely freak and start acting like a chicken quickly followed by everyone goin, "hey he IS a chicken"! It was so stupid and yet so hilarious!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The lads in MASK had it goin' on. The knew you only had to open the doors of the car and speed up to make it fly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Chicken Boo

A character from Anamaniacs, he was a giant chicken who dressed up someone famous (Lincoln, Einstein, Freud) and everyone bar one person completely bought that he was this person and not a chicken. The one guy would go "HE'S A CHICKEN, HES NOT THE PRESIDENT"

Eventually CHicken Boos story would escalate to the point where he must speak public or do the job of the person he was supposed to be (e.g. Evil Canevil would jump 20 buses etc...) instead chicken boo would completely freak and start acting like a chicken quickly followed by everyone goin, "hey he IS a chicken"! It was so stupid and yet so hilarious!

I still remember the theme song!
    #Chicken Boo, what's the matter with you? You don't act like the other chickens do! You wear a diguise to look like human guys but you're not a man, you're a chicken boooo!#

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

What about Telebugs

Chip
    Smantha
    Bug

and evil Zudo

I Thought they were the best around at the time, remember it was hard to get the books in Ireland for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

Penfold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Captain Planet. That guy REALLY liked recycling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Woody from Toy Story.

Even reading the last dialogue from Toy Story 3 gets me everytime:

Now, Woody -- he’s been my pal as
    long as I can remember. He’s brave,
    like a cowboy should be. And kind,
    and smart. But the thing that makes
    Woody special? Is he’ll never give
    up on you -- ever. He’ll be there
    for you, no matter what. Y’think you
    can take care of him for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

+1 for Doug, Angry Beavers and Earthworm Jim.

Arnold from Hey Arnold! was a ledgend in himself, so calm and collected, a very wise young man, Gerald was great too.
    CatDog was great, as was Rugrats, Rocket Power and Animaniacs of course.

Bikermice From Mars and Street Sharks where firm favourites.

I always had a soft spot for Recess but rarely found it on, sometimes even today if up around 7 I check if its on just incase :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

At various points in my childhood:

He-Man - used to fight with my sister as to whether this, or Bosco, would be programmed to be recorded during our swimming lessons.
    MASK - was majorly jealous of the kid up the road who had nearly all of the toys.
    The Mysterious Cities of Gold - downloaded the series for our little fella recently and was amazed at the educational bits at the end, I'd totally forgotten about them
    The Legend of Prince Valiant - I thought of myself as "too old for cartoons" by then but my little brother loved it and I got totally sucked into the storyline.

Today: it's been Maggie Simpson ever since they started showing her as the genius she is... I loved the recent short that was shown before Ice Age 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Earthworm jim was great but psycrow was the star of that show. He was like starscream in transformers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Elmer Fudd

Pinky and Brain

Roger Rabbit and Jessica Rabbit

James Bond Junior, anyone remember that?!

Teenage mutant hero turtles, one of the best!

The tick, doug, hey arnold, earthworm jim, catdog, all mentoned above but i think deserve a second mention :)

oh and Animaniacs, with elvira too, loved it! And anyone from Toy Story!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Roadrunner.

Or:

Apparently, the original Janapese title translated into "Space Ninjas". If I had known that when I was a kid....

Ninjas weren't allowed back then. Remember the TMNT were called the teenage mutant hero turtles.

I re-watched Battle of the Planets a while back. It sucked. made so much more sense when I was 5.

And I downloaded the entire looney tunes a while back. they weren't as good as I remembered. Except road runner. That was so ****ing awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Woody from Toy Story.

Even reading the last dialogue from Toy Story 3 gets me everytime:

Now, Woody -- he’s been my pal as
    long as I can remember. He’s brave,
    like a cowboy should be. And kind,
    and smart. But the thing that makes
    Woody special? Is he’ll never give
    up on you -- ever. He’ll be there
    for you, no matter what. Y’think you
    can take care of him for me?

Ahhh I blubbered because of that film. It was an instant classic.

Optimus Prime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Michaelangelo from the Turtles

Him and Bugs Bunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

captain cavemannnnnnnnn!!!
    dougle from magic roundabout
    battle of the planets
    the frumps
    mr men
    ahh so many!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Tom from Tom and Jerry
    Razor from SWAT Kats
    Sylvester from Looney Tunes (yeah, I liked cats from an early age!)
    Dale from Chip and Dale
    Batman from the Animated series
    Cyclops from X-Men: Evolutions (too bad he was such a whiney bitch in the movies)
    Shadowcat from X-Men: Evolutions (cool to see Ellen Paige doing her role in the movies)

And of course Samurai Jack!! I was fairly grown up by the time the show aired but that is my favourite cartoon ever. The artwork, action, Jack's cool and calm demeanor was just pure awesomeness!!

Also should mention Courage from Courage the Cowardly Dog and Sheep from Sheep in the Big City for their absolutely bat**** insane storylines!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

My favourites, Bugs bunny, daffy duck, yogie bear, the flintsones, minnie/micky mouse, donald duck, looney toons, garfield, inspector gadget lol, rugrats, something similar to ren a simpy wouldn't been keen on them or scooby doo, liked the simpsons, tom and jerry, liked super ted but annoyed me after a while amongst other cartoons.

So many cartoons I enjoyed and characters I liked especially those in cartoons alongside bugs bunny. I liked taz, road runner, Sylvester and tweety pie. Animaniacs were ok. Mask, angry beavers, oggie and the cockroaches, popeye. Liked the tick, mr men, arnold, doug, daria, sonic the hedgehog, the teenage mutant turtles, batman and robbin, spiderman, the chipmunks and the ones with the racoons can't remember the names of them three musketeers??? I liked post man pat lol not so much the cartoons from the 80s the 90's yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

doovdela wrote: »
    My favourites, Bugs bunny, daffy duck, yogie bear, the flintsones, minnie/micky mouse, donald duck, looney toons, garfield, inspector gadget lol, rugrats, something similar to ren a simpy wouldn't been keen on them or scooby doo, liked the simpsons, tom and jerry, liked super ted but annoyed me after a while amongst other cartoons.

So many cartoons I enjoyed and characters I liked especially those in cartoons alongside bugs bunny. I liked taz, road runner, Sylvester and tweety pie. Animaniacs were ok. Mask, angry beavers, oggie and the cockroaches, popeye. Liked the tick, mr men, arnold, doug, daria, sonic the hedgehog, the teenage mutant turtles, batman and robbin, spiderman, the chipmunks and the ones with the racoons can't remember the names of them three musketeers??? I liked post man pat lol not so much the cartoons from the 80s the 90's yes!

Some very ood shouts there, the ones in bold are really old school for me, they were only on when I was very small and I have memories of loving them, back before Nickelodeon came through on the terrestial channels and we had TCC (I think it was called The Childrens Channel).

One not mentioned already, I think it was Transylvanian Highschool, I could only see it if I was home sick from school or on a half day, used to love it.

Oh and 'Aaah! Real Monsters' was very good, I remember when Monsters Inc. came out thinkin 'rip off', it definatly beat the hell out of Moesha and Clarissa Explains It All.

The Animals of Farthing Wood always freaked me out, it was basically a soup for kids with all the blood, conspiracy and pregnancy going around, and Babar was just boring.

*Edit: Remember the Magic School Bus, to quote a friend from childhood 'Its savage cuz its funny and you learn'.

Advertisement