Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

molting problem with cage bird

• 02-09-2012 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Any body out there have any ideas on this.
    Have two finches seperate cages, one started to molt about a month ago.
    the other one has shown no sign of losing any feathers, he has stopped singing as I expected but not even one feather on cage floor. he is on a varied diet with greens a couple of times a week plus cuttle bone, he has a bath every day which he really enjoys, looks outwardly healthy. The reason that I am concerned is that a number of people inthe bird scene have told me that this is a rare occurence and invariably the bird declines and dies.
    Any advice or is this an old wives tale.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

mikehn wrote: »
    Hi
    the other one has shown no sign of losing any feathers, he has stopped singing as I expected but not even one feather on cage floor. he is on a varied diet with greens a couple of times a week plus cuttle bone, he has a bath every day which he really enjoys, looks outwardly healthy. The reason that I am concerned is that a number of people inthe bird scene have told me that this is a rare occurence and invariably the bird declines and dies.
    Thanks

uhm, whats this got to do with ucc?
    p.s a vet would be the best option for professional advice really :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭CZ 453

mikehn wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks

Is the bird doing or planning to do a degree in UCC? If so the bird will be fine and its prospect of survival are much greater.If not try CIT and you'll be sure to see the bird drop out or dead within the month.

On a serious note.I hope the bird will be ok

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Moved from UCC forum.

Advertisement