Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WHY BOTHER WEARING EAR-PLUGS

• 02-09-2012 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭

Ok I travel quite a bit on the train and the one thing that grates me big time is, fookers who sit down while wearing ear phones so their shiity music is just for them to listen to,

ohhhhhh but no, they turn the volume up full, hey guys see how cool I am and the cool music I listen to, (no its fooking not you retard) I came close to doing some damage today, I was cracking up in me head,

I will do time for this soon, it needs to be announced on the news, turn you fooking shiite music down,

I am taking a small pair of wire cutters with me next time, no one will be safe,(I might even get a special costume made)

who do they think they are, WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE.

it probably not worth changing the thread title, as was mentioned by miller, no one gives a fook.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Why don't you wear ear plugs and turn your shyte music up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Sit down next to them and bop along to the music, they'll soon turn it down if its offputting enough :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

The old style padded ear phones are on the way back everyone is getting them beats from dr. dre so shouldnt hear as much.

You have to remember that nobody in this country gives a flying f**k about anyone else but themselves.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I find it far more annoying when people listen to ****e music through a heap of ****e tiny speaker as loud as they can on their mobile, headphones of any sort would be preferable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Colmustard wrote: »
    Why don't you wear ear plugs and turn your shyte music up.

I dont know how to work the contraptions, plus someone might end up cutting my throat while I sleep.

Im cool I dont listen to shiite music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ear plugs are things that keep outside noise out like when your using a kango hammer or water when your swimming. Ear phones/ head phones are things you listen to music on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

ear plugs are things that keep outside noise out like when your using a kango hammer or water when your swimming. Ear phones/ head phones are things you listen to music on.

:D:D
    Ha when I looked 1st thats what I thought was been said too

Kensington wrote: »
    Sit down next to them and bop along to the music, they'll soon turn it down if its offputting enough :pac:

LOL I like this one, but then I might get lifted by the special bopping police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

OP, you should get yourself a set of ear plugs...

OP, you should get yourself a set of ear plugs...

I have and I use them, but then I miss out on the phone conversations, some of these can be hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

You sound like a mook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I came close to doing some damage today

no you weren't :pac:

Links234 wrote: »
    no you weren't :pac:

I did, I was wringing my hands so hard I almost dislocated my fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

BECAUSE PEOPLE SHOUT IN THREAD TITLES

You sound like a mook.

how would you know, have you ever heard me speak.

whats a fooking mook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I am taking a small pair of wire cutters with me next time, no one will be safe,(I might even get a special costume made)
    And I could guarantee that if you went and snipped the cable on my headphones, I'd be doing time for viscious assault.

Dont fcuk with anyone's stuff. You know this, yet you posted for a reaction: mine is a few lines above.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

For public transport you need to get yourself some ear-plugs and really dark tinted sunglasses.
    Then get yourself a window seat and open the window. Put a giant bag on the seat beside you.
    Basically isolate yourself and cut yourself off from humanity til you reach your destination. When you get home burn the clothes (or haz-mat suit) you wore.

krudler wrote: »
    BECAUSE PEOPLE SHOUT IN THREAD TITLES

WAAAAAAAAA

Rigol wrote: »
    For public transport you need to get yourself some ear-plugs and really dark tinted sunglasses.
    Then get yourself a window seat and open the window. Put a giant bag on the seat beside you.
    Basically isolate yourself and cut yourself off from humanity til you reach your destination. When you get home burn the clothes (or haz-mat suit) you wore.

some of these guys are 4/5 seats up from me or behind me and I can still hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Then get your own MP3 player instead of being cranky that people enjoying music are cutting into your eavesdropping time.

• Advertisement

And I could guarantee that if you went and snipped the cable on my headphones, I'd be doing time for viscious assault.

Dont fcuk with anyone's stuff. You know this, yet you posted for a reaction: mine is a few lines above.

and your post telling me you were going to kill me, is not looking for a reaction,

anyway I would be in and out so fast it would be like a blur, just before the next stop.

Then get your own MP3 player instead of being cranky that people enjoying music are cutting into your eavesdropping time.

this would work if I was a retard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

and your post telling me you were going to kill me, is not looking for a reaction,

anyway I would be in and out so fast it would be like a blur, just before the next stop.
    Who said anything about killing, Clark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

People blabbering into their mobiles are much more annoying ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Of all the things that annoy me about public transport, noise from ear phones is at the bottom of the list. Far more annoying:

- scumbags on the bus/train/tram
    - people smoking
    - people listening to loud music on their phone's speaker
    - other people's BO
    - flooded buses when it's raining

You just have to accept these as part and parcel of public transport travel unfortuately. Nothing is going to change in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

because some ****ers feel the need to shout their thread titles :mad:

IM0 wrote: »
    because some ****ers feel the need to shout their thread titles :mad:

to late Krudler got there 1st

Advertisement