Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus question (402)

Options
  • 02-09-2012 7:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Sorry, couldn't find a transport thread.

Does anyone know if the 402 goes out to NUIG from Merlin Park etc? Also, where in Merlin Park/at GMIT the bus leaves from? New in the city and trying to figure it out, website is very confusing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

THe bus starts about halfway up the Merlin Park grounds, goes to one bus stop on the Dublin rd before it hits the bus stop opposite GMIT then I think it turns off into Renmore at the next left, comes out near the Post Office on the corner almost opposite the Daly's Hotel. Then turns lieft heads up by the Huntsman and up the hill, then down Bohermore.
    It goes by NUIG by the road that connects the Cathedral to UCHG. So you can pop off and walk into the campus either by the Quad or the Marine Institute.
    After that it heads left then I think it turns up by the side of the hospital where the CWO office area & medical cards section is. Not taken it beyond there so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Thanks a million. Do you know where on the Dublin Road it stops? Is it just before the roundabout?

The first one I was referring to was the one between the gates of Merlin Park hospital and the roundabout. So, a bit before the roundabout. In front of a wall separating it from the estate where several B+Bs are, just up from the closed petrol station etc

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Here ya go, I just put the bus-stops onto the Merlin-Park side of the route for you:

http://www.galwaytransport.info/2012/02/bus-service-402-merlin-park-via-renmore.html

Is that going towards NUIG? Thanks a million, but that bus stop seems to be on the wrong side of the road, just looking to see where I can get on it heading towards NUIG.

• Advertisement

Think I have it figured out actually, coming from mine, think the first stop I can jump on is the one just before the roundabout.

Thanks again.

Yeah, looks from the map that I had the route right. Wasn't 100% sure about the turn after GMIT. But I guess there isn't anywhere else it could turn and do Renmore since that road is solid without junctions until the Renmore Post Office.

Advertisement