Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Mesa Source Release Date Announced!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Right, seeded to 4.2, that's all you're getting guys! ;)
    Tallon wrote: »
    In case you're interested :)

Warning, spoilers etc...

Just a had a quick flick through that. Wow, I think you're in need of an SSD. Load times are just a second for me... which is still much shorter than it was back in 1999 or whenever it was.

The quality of this so far is very professional, easily up to what I'd expect Valve to produce. One of the best actual mods I've played. Only part that really got me was that fecking jumping boxes hang from the ceiling part. Fairly tough as I was never great at bunny tracks, but it was part of the game and they changed it around a bit, so it's all good. I'll take a few screenshots in my next play.
    Zab wrote: »
    I'm not as impressed as the rest of you. It wasn't bad at all, seemed very well done in fact but I'm not sure at this point that I'll be bothered playing it again.

There's usually not that much replay value in single player. Sure you can always play it another time when someone makes it on the HL3 Source 2 Engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Gah, why did my PC have to blow up last week? Now I'm stuck on a laptop that actually has trouble playing UFO Enemy Unknown. So very jealous right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I am genuinely shocked at how polished this is, and it shows off how much of an amazing game HL1 was, it has barely aged.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Have been following this through the facebook page for months. Download is too big for my d/l allowance so I'll have to wait and abuse a hotspot tomorrow. Hopefully the servers or torrents will have settled a bit by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

NZB link to download for those who have newsgroup access.

Max out my connection at 1 mb/s.. nice. An hours wait.

http://www.gimpymoo.com/NZB/blackmesa.nzb

For some reason clicking on the link just brings up the xml of the file so I had to right click and save as.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

man that torrent was fast, like went away from the computer to eat and it was done.

Going really slowly for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Monotype wrote: »
    Right, seeded to 4.2, that's all you're getting guys! ;)
    Tallon wrote: »
    In case you're interested :)

Warning, spoilers etc...

Just a had a quick flick through that. Wow, I think you're in need of an SSD. Load times are just a second for me... which is still much shorter than it was back in 1999 or whenever it was.

The quality of this so far is very professional, easily up to what I'd expect Valve to produce. One of the best actual mods I've played. Only part that really got me was that fecking jumping boxes hang from the ceiling part. Fairly tough as I was never great at bunny tracks, but it was part of the game and they changed it around a bit, so it's all good. I'll take a few screenshots in my next play.
    Zab wrote: »
    I'm not as impressed as the rest of you. It wasn't bad at all, seemed very well done in fact but I'm not sure at this point that I'll be bothered playing it again.

There's usually not that much replay value in single player. Sure you can always play it another time when someone makes it on the HL3 Source 2 Engine.

I have an SSD! I have a shoite GPU and was recording 1080p while playing 1080p, hence the slight lag.

There's feck all with fraps off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I just spent some time backtracking because I was sure I must have missed the crowbar.
    Then I checked on twitch.tv and saw someone at the same stage as me with no crow bar

WTF :confused:

edit: I found it, why are they changing stuff on me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Me, during the initial tram-ride in:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

this is great fun! Sorry non 120meg net people :(

when you get the suit...awesome

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    I just spent some time backtracking because I was sure I must have missed the crowbar.
    Then I checked on twitch.tv and saw someone at the same stage as me with no crow bar

WTF :confused:

edit: I found it, why are they changing stuff on me :P

I stopped Recording, then re did 20 minutes again only to find it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Schoolboy error thought i had SDK installed :( Came home from match ready to play :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

also admins note this is free mod download links being posted no illegal stuff

Then you should have used a password that wasn't a warez site. Post edited, links removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Just installing this now, I still remember installing Half Life for the first time. I was a seven year old. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I know most people have got this by now with torrents etc but I found a rapidshare mirror as I'm not greatest fan of torrents. No password on this and I've tested it myself :).

(Parts 1-4 are 734MB and last part is 370 = total 3.3GB)

[URL="steam://run/211"]Click here to install the Source SDK[/URL] (steam required obviously)

I was really worried about that too. Then I realised that they would have to put it in an obvious place and they had those flares to help you out a bit.

---

I uploaded a few screenshots for anyone interested.

http://imgur.com/a/BYs2U

The place where you see the first laser tripbombs, I think you can get stuck in there as the firedoor buttons have glass that's unbreakable. Saving the scientist won't give you a shortcut like in the original. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tricolorbob1987

Finally done the download haha :D

I've a really really stupid question. I have the game installed, and Source 2007 installed... now how the hell do I launch the game?

It's in the steam list.

Monotype wrote: »
    It's in the steam list.

Yeah so it is, just had to restart Steam. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No 1920x1080?

Only 1600x1200 for me :confused:

Select the 16:9 option. It's under the resolution box.

Found this linked on their forums.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

fighting big tentacle monster yay!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    No 1920x1080?

Only 1600x1200 for me :confused:

Change to widescreen settings then it will give option.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wait, wtflol!?!?! What do the security guards drink from eh? :D

Chuckle_Mesa_thumb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's 2012 and I am playing a first person shooter that does not a heath regen, amazing! :D

I can't stop thinking about this new piece of information.
    Gordon Freeman with a ponytail, i'm picturing it and now it's all I can see.

It's 2012 and I am playing a first person shooter that does not a heath regen, amazing! :D
    I've died like 10 times, and I deserved it!

Thank god I have it recorded!!! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Best part so far:

220744.jpg

I went in cynical. I came back very impressed. It's remarkably polished and much better than most retail games. Some stuff that impressed me is that they changed it up just enough to keep it interesting, it's like the Gamecube Resi Remake to the original Resident Evil. Another thing is the texture work is great particularly when you get up close they have a second texture loaded in that is very high quality and disguises the blurry blockiness underneath. So far I'm halfway through Office Complex.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Holy balls, that's the Chuckle Brothers! :eek:

Advertisement