Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed please

Options
  • 02-09-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello. I received treatment in a midlands clinic last year. After my treatment, I went to the reception desk to pay. I was charged €80 for their services and was advised to return for further treatment at some stage. I left a deposit of €20 as part payment for future treatment which I didnt but a date on as I was unsure when I could find time. I never did return for treatment as alot of financial obstacles popped up since. But about 3 months after my treatment I received a letter in the post from this clinic stating that I owe them €130 for treatment carried out. I checked my receipt from when I paid at the clinic and it shows that I was charged €80 and that I had paid €100 (payment + deposit) and on the bottom of the receipt it clearly states that this clinic 'strictly no credit given to custemers'. 2 months after receiving this letter, I received another letter stating that I owe €80. I called the clinic and the person I spoke with assured me that I owe them €130. Am I wrong in this situation, or do I infact owe money. I was not made aware of any other charges when I paid on the day of my treatment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Dev87 wrote: »
    Hello. I received treatment in a midlands clinic last year. After my treatment, I went to the reception desk to pay. I was charged €80 for their services and was advised to return for further treatment at some stage. I left a deposit of €20 as part payment for future treatment which I didnt but a date on as I was unsure when I could find time. I never did return for treatment as alot of financial obstacles popped up since. But about 3 months after my treatment I received a letter in the post from this clinic stating that I owe them €130 for treatment carried out. I checked my receipt from when I paid at the clinic and it shows that I was charged €80 and that I had paid €100 (payment + deposit) and on the bottom of the receipt it clearly states that this clinic 'strictly no credit given to custemers'. 2 months after receiving this letter, I received another letter stating that I owe €80. I called the clinic and the person I spoke with assured me that I owe them €130. Am I wrong in this situation, or do I infact owe money. I was not made aware of any other charges when I paid on the day of my treatment.

Phone them up and say 'I'm confused as to what you believe I owe you' ask them to forward a detailed invoice to you - as you may wish to run it by a solicitor. Also ask them to return your deposit. That probably won't scare them off but at worst you'll end up with an invoice you can run by someone.

Be careful how you phrase your phone call so you don't seem to acknowledge that you owe them anything. Not really an issue here but its a good habit to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dev87

Thank you. Ill call them tomorrow. I never taught of that.

Advertisement