Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song Wars 15: Nothing Else Matters Vs November Rain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

+1 , nothing else matters is a perfect song with no fat on it, the other is serious cheese with a half daycent solo at the end

Cheeeeeeeeeese:D. The guitar playing on "Estranged"(all done by Slash), is beautiful.

He even gets a special "Thank You" note in the booklet liner notes from Axl!!!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I think the album version is more interesting in that there is more stuff happening. The acoustic version sounds like a Damien Rice ballad or something to that effect, I just can't get over the singer songwriter aspect to it. The video I might add is excellent in being so pompous, we'll never see the likes of it again I think in a rock band, seeing that grandiose overblown music is unfortunately unfashionable these days thanks in part to the garage rock revival, indie and punk.

I don't get the singer/songwriter aspect to it at all. I just think it's a far more emotional rendition than the album version. I get a real sense of loss and desolation about it whereas when I hear the album version I hear layered, synthesised music which lessens the impact for me. But then again I had a bootleg of the acoustic version on tape for a year or so before Use Your Illusion came out, I suppose I had been listening to that for so long that anything else was going to sound inferior. But I do absolutely love Slash's solos on the album version!

There was also a piano only version which was on the same bootleg. This probably would have been the purest version of the song seeing as Axl wrote it on the piano. It's nearly ten minutes long too! Some cool pics in the video below also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Atari Jaguar...please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Horrible ****e from two horrible bands but hey, each to their own.

At a push...NEM. Because fuk Axl Rose. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Horrible ****e from two horrible bands but hey, each to their own.

Thanks for destroying everything I believe in under two sentences

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Thanks for destroying everything I believe in under two sentences

Ha ha! Ah I'm sorry! In fairness, I'd be lying if I said I didn't like any of their songs. Metallica anyway, could never get into g'n'r, never understood the appeal. If anything it's the supposed contempt axl, James and Lars seem to have for their fans.

The fans put them where they are, you'd think they'd be a bit nicer about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

November Rain FTW. Epic song. NEM, excellent song IMO, but G'n'R win this one for me.

Advertisement