Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surprise party - hotel prices?

• 02-09-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all
    I am in the v early stages of organising a surprise (60th) party for my mother and am wondering if anyone who has had experience in party planning before could offer any info on how much one should expect to spend when booking a hotel function rm for such an event.

I know that this is all relative to area and hotel but even to have a general idea would be great before I go into the hotel I'm thinking of, so I'll know if I'm getting a good deal.

I'd really appreciate any info/advice on this or even any party ideas.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Patches22 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I am in the v early stages of organising a surprise (60th) party for my mother and am wondering if anyone who has had experience in party planning before could offer any info on how much one should expect to spend when booking a hotel function rm for such an event.

I know that this is all relative to area and hotel but even to have a general idea would be great before I go into the hotel I'm thinking of, so I'll know if I'm getting a good deal.

I'd really appreciate any info/advice on this or even any party ideas.

Thank you!

I think you would only know a good deal by making enquiries in your area of choice. I've planned several parties before from scratch for college groups & friend events and what I found best was to make a list, lists in fact. I work better off lists and crossing ideas and purchases off then once decisions are made.

You are correct in that every location but even type of location would differ with pricing also. Have you even a rough estimate of numbers. That might assist with type of location and size-wise for decorating purposes. I don't think a general price even exists tbh, it would be all relative to the occasion imo.

It can be difficult starting out, but once d-day arrives, you'll have everything and backups all prepared.

Post some of your ideas and thoughts and use this thread if you like as a list-maker for yourself :)

I can assist further no bother, just ask away
    kerry4sam

Advertisement