Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening time of US Preclearance in T2

Options
  • 02-09-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Does anybody know what time they open the preclearance in Dublin at in the morning? Went to the states last year and went through it but it wasn't open till like an hour and a half before the flight (flight was at 9 or something). Travelling again to the states and have a flight at 930 and I don't want to arrive too early when I don't need too!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

There are 4 flights to the US between 9 and 10am from Dublin. That's a lot of people! It's a few months since I flew to the US from Dublin but I know we were warned at check in to be at US immigration 2 hours before our flight because of the queues. And that's having gone through check in and security. When flying to the US, 3 hours is the minimum time I would leave between arrival at the airport and flight time. Yes you may have time to wait, but better that than miss your flight.

I flew to the UK from Dublin this Saturday morning and was in the airport at 5.30am, security alone took 40 minutes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I was pretty sure it opened at 6am the last time I was there that early. Certainly the barriers were removed to the entrance around that time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

We got there around 7.30 for a 9.30 flight and preclearance took all of 7 minutes, all stations were manned and no queue!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

If it's terminal 2 you're laughing, they actually have their **** together when it comes to knowing when there'll be a rush and making sure there are enough headshrinkers to make sure you're not a subversive.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

Just to add that when you clear US Pre-clearance in T2 there in another security check point as you make you way to depature gates.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 imthegaffer!

Thanks a million for the responses, I'll probably get there for 7 just to be on the safe side. Thanks for the help!

Advertisement