Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where abouts in London are you living?

Options
  • 02-09-2012 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭

I've been wondering this for a while, and it comes up as a matter of discussion at the London beers quite frequently.

Where abouts in London does everyone live?

Personally I live in Ilford in the east.

Where abouts do you live in London? 77 votes

North
    1%
    Jijsaw 1 vote
    South
    44%
    Head The WalltuxymlocFyshbeansBizzyCAlessandraJack B. BaddJev/Nredarmybluessilvervixen84How so Joejethro081jimmyneo1Zizourebel girl 15cranky bollixbeaver111XroxBrianderunner 34 votes
    East
    35%
    ChRoMePlayboyJameyOtaconbreadmonkeyjonnyfingersBlured83steabelarddjpbarryS.M.B.H_JClashCityRockersmurgenrocky2RedbollockgabriaReekwindpirateninjaiambrazil 27 votes
    West
    19%
    ScarinaephilologosMisticlesjdivisionflukethetealLadyMayBellex43r0OhThePenguinudonwannadomaggiep2010boraborabyrnesylimkWoolly_JumperWeebuns12 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Myself I live in Twickenham. Its not so bad the planes can be a bit annoying but its a nice area lots of parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

West
    I live a little bit further east into the essex wilds than philo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

West
    Living in Leytonstone - east end, but as near to the centre as I want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

East
    Balham, Gateway to the South

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Topcat1234

East
    Brixton- Great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Battersea.
    Don't know whether to click south or west.
    Multi-option poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

West
    East London, Leytonstone. Twenty minutes from Liverpool Street and on the central line. Handy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

South
    I stay in London intermittently, and in various places, but usually north or north-east London because I prefer those areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

West
    East London - Royal Docks by the ExCel centre. Nice spot, planes from LCY can be annoying but you get used to it after a while.

Nice and close to work (10-12mins) and Stratford (10mins

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

East
    I'm in Beckenham, Kent, southeast of London - a bit further out than most but I can still be at Victoria, Charing Cross, London Bridge or Cannon Street train stations within 30 minutes of stepping out my front door so it's very handy. I also have a secure off-street parking space for my car, which would be hard to get further in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

East
    Clapham.

Walking distance to central London.

F*ck yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

West
    Limehouse - East London. Pretty central and I can walk to work which is handy. Area is pretty quite though.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Leytonstone, East London. Like it out here now

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

West
    I was in SW, now I'm in Bow in east London. I'm surprised how many people are out east actually!

West
    Scarinae wrote: »
    I was in SW, now I'm in Bow in east London. I'm surprised how many people are out east actually!

To be honest...so am I, and I'm living east!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Willesden Junction...
    Kensal Rise West....
    Kensington North...

Alright fine I live in Harlesden. Not as bad as it's made out to be and very easy to get to practically anywhere else in the city.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

South
    Kilburn, NW London. Great connections to most of London :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

West
    Scarinae wrote: »

I'm not that surprised. The east is probably on the cheaper end in terms of rents?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

West
    East is just awesummmmm!!

:D

West
    philologos wrote: »
    I'm not that surprised. The east is probably on the cheaper end in terms of rents?

Oh the rent is cheaper alright, I’m just surprised that there are more east end boardsies than I realised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

South
    used to live around Kilburn, Now I live in Archway. Only 20minutes from work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

West
    fluke wrote: »
    Oh the rent is cheaper alright, I’m just surprised that there are more east end boardsies than I realised.

cheap rent is good, i'm viewing (hopefully) nice 2 bed house this evening that's advertised at £950pm

there's no shortage or irish living east, most of the players (male and female teams) in our gaa club would be based in the triangular area between stratford, wanstead and romford from what i can gather. sure in the last week alone, i've noticed a D and KE reg move into our apartment block - obviously they're not necessarily boardsies

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

West
    I know it's cheaper, I just hadn't got the impression from the boards meetups that there were so many out that direction

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

South
    north is the new east

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

im in uxbridge and love it ,good place really freindly here also:)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

Living South East right now, near enough to Greenwich, though I was living in SW for a good while. I love it. It's really nice around here (especially Greenwich itself) and so handy for central too, but still very quiet and villagey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

East
    South west .. Between Balham and Streatham just along the edge of tooting common. Settled in the area for about 5 years now so dont see myself moving until I need more space for a family. Balham and Clapham are great for eating and drinking... I hate to travel at the weekends so its important to have some entertainment on my doorstep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Living in Brixton at the minute but thinking of moving to Dulwich. Have previously lived in Leyton, Clapham and Forest Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

East
    Playboy wrote: »
    South west .. Between Balham and Streatham just along the edge of tooting common. Settled in the area for about 5 years now so dont see myself moving until I need more space for a family. Balham and Clapham are great for eating and drinking... I hate to travel at the weekends so its important to have some entertainment on my doorstep!
    I live about 2 minutes away from Tooting Common. We could be neighbours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

East
    S.M.B. wrote: »
    I live about 2 minutes away from Tooting Common. We could be neighbours!

Small world :)

Advertisement