Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where abouts in London are you living?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

amcalester wrote: »
    Living in Brixton at the minute but thinking of moving to Dulwich. Have previously lived in Leyton, Clapham and Forest Hill.

I'm in Brixton too. You a reg in any of the boozers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Hackney late of the Parish's of St Reatham, Chelsea, Kilburn, Wembly, & Greenford

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Woolly_Jumper

West
    I'm in the lovely Leytonstone! Home of David Beckham and Alfred Hitchcock! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭borabora

West
    I'm out East, in Clapton. Nice spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Topcat1234

East
    BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I'm in Brixton too. You a reg in any of the boozers?

The Prince Albert is where its at lad! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Topcat1234 wrote: »
    The Prince Albert is where its at lad! ;-)

there is something circular and painful about the above

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Topcat1234

East
    there is something circular and painful about the above

haha... thankfully the name isn't an initiation process!!

What? I don't understand the above comments! But yes, the Price A is great, I go there sometimes, cheap too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

West
    What? I don't understand the above comments! But yes, the Price A is great, I go there sometimes, cheap too!
    Google prince Albert.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

South

they're making silly jokes about Prince Albert being a nickname for a mickey piercing.

and for the love of god DONT google "prince albert" unless you want a load of pictures of pierced mickeys showing up on screen...

• Advertisement

West
    Fysh wrote: »

they're making silly jokes about Prince Albert being a nickname for a mickey piercing.

and for the love of god DONT google "prince albert" unless you want a load of pictures of pierced mickeys showing up on screen...
    Nagh Fysh!!!
    Sorry, BrazilianNZ ... *i wil not been mean to boardsies* :)

Jesus

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

South
    Jesus

You went and Googled "Prince Albert", didn't you? I told you not to...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 John_P_S

South
    I'm in North Finchley for the moment water tank just bust in the apartment and were the only apartment that is connected to it! :mad: Might not be here much longer!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 byrnesylimk

West
    Im east as well, didnt realise there was so many out this way. I really must get to one of the meetups soon though really need to expand my circle of friends. Im living in Plaistow and before that stratford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

South
    Living in the North (Crouch Hill) halfway between Archway and Finsbury Park which gives plenty of commuting options. Very happy with the area, the further you walk away from Finsbury Park station the nicer it gets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Just moved in by Twickenham green last weekend. Liking the area so far but haven't seen too much of it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

Marylebone, close to Edgware Road station. Most boring place ever. Nothing (!) ever happens around here. Not sure which option to pick on the poll?

West
    Got word our landlord is selling the house so we are looking for a new home/area for November on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

West
    Spitalfields, don't understand whole Clapham thing... it's fine but completely overpriced and underwhelming, for same price I can walk to work, have better nightlife and be better connected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Marylebone, close to Edgware Road station. Most boring place ever. Nothing (!) ever happens around here. Not sure which option to pick on the poll?
    What made you choose to live in Marylebone?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pirateninja

East
    I live in Wimbledon, it's like living in a little town but still really easy to get to central London! Love it :)

Vokes wrote: »
    What made you choose to live in Marylebone?

I was staying at a friends place in Harrow when I first moved here, wanted to find something as quickly as possible and just came across it. I wanted to live as close to zone 1 as I could afford so I didn't have to spend too long on the tube in the morning. It's a tiny, tiny studio in an old building but it's really handy for the tube and the bus to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

East
    Marylebone is a really nice area but very expensive I'd imagine! Where do you work because you could be able to get in and out to work relatively quickly and cheaply even if you move out a little further. Your money will go a lot further in zone 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

East
    When I first moved over, I stayed near East India, just east of Canary Wharf. It was dead. We then moved to Limehouse, not quite as dead but still pretty poor socially. In the last few weeks, we moved to Battersea [or right next to Clapham Junction station]. Loving it so far.

I marked South on the poll, though SW may be more accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

West
    Getting the keys to our new shack on the 23rd!

We're still east London (or west essex, depending on who you talk to)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

East
    theteal wrote: »
    Getting the keys to our new shack on the 23rd!

We're still east London (or west essex, depending on who you talk to)

Romford aint in East London unless its been moved lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

West
    Playboy wrote: »
    Romford aint in East London unless its been moved lol!

London Borough of Havering. I've actually heard of locals looking for it to be reclassified. It's a divisive subject, some want Essex, some want London. I couldn't give a swing, I just like having a garden, a parking space and the ability to find myself in Liverpool Street within 20 minutes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

How can ye all afford to live in London ye must have great jobs i would love to move there

• Advertisement

Playboy wrote: »
    Marylebone is a really nice area but very expensive I'd imagine! Where do you work because you could be able to get in and out to work relatively quickly and cheaply even if you move out a little further. Your money will go a lot further in zone 3!

I still have half an hour on the bus to work - I work in Angel - so I have considered moving somewhere North of there. But I'm not sure how long I'll be staying in London - I get really homesick for Galway :o - but if I decide to stay for a good while longer, I will definitely look for something a bit bigger as well, because it's seriously tiny :)

Advertisement