Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just moved to Applewood in Swords

Options
  • 02-09-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I have just moved to Apple wood in Swords,but my daughters are starting school in Portmarnock Community School. Please does anybody know what bus goes from Applewood to Portmarnock? and times?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Glendambo

The only bus I know of that goes from Swords to Portmarnock is the 102.

You'll have to get from Applewood down to the Main Street though (walk or get the 41c/Swords Express) and then get the 102 from opposite Penneys.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/102/

I will say though, it's not a very reliable bus. I've had to get it a few times and I've been waiting around for ages each time.
    They might be better getting a bus to Malahide and getting the train over to Portmarnock tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Split from ancient Applewood thread.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 13 donkeydc

They would nearly be quicker walking from Applewood to the school, the train station is nowhere near the community school

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

They nearly would be better walking, any chance you could drive them?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Xrox

I would ask in the school if there is a bus service from the school.
    A friends son started there this year, they live near applewood and he gets picked up at 7.30 on the school bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm pretty sure there's a bus service to the school. Think the nearest pick up is at JC's.

Advertisement