Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brown Thomas Interview.

• 02-09-2012 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I have an interview this week for a clothing concession and I would love if anyone could give me some tips, what to wear, what questions they may ask etc.. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I know someone who worked there and while she was working she had to wear all black. Skirts/dresses have to be just on the knee or longer.

If I remember correctly they also had to wear jackets (blazer), cardigans etc to cover their shoulder/upper arms.

If it is possible - could you maybe take a walk around BTs and see what the ladies there wear? Esp in the concession you are being interviewed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RachelLeanne

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I know someone who worked there and while she was working she had to wear all black. Skirts/dresses have to be just on the knee or longer.

If I remember correctly they also had to wear jackets (blazer), cardigans etc to cover their shoulder/upper arms.

If it is possible - could you maybe take a walk around BTs and see what the ladies there wear? Esp in the concession you are being interviewed for.

Good advice! Ill take wander in.. Im thinking all black but im not too sure as its not really an "interview" as such, the lady who rang asked me to come in so she can get to know me better? So Im confused as to whether to go formal or not :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Good advice! Ill take wander in.. Im thinking all black but im not too sure as its not really an "interview" as such, the lady who rang asked me to come in so she can get to know me better? So Im confused as to whether to go formal or not :/
    What about wearing a black casual dress with a black blazer, tights and shoes?

It's still smart, but not formal. I know it might seem boring/formal wearing black, but it's safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Like a poster previously stated, when I worked there we had to wear all black, sometimes we could incorporate cream or white :pac: But as for the interview, it's September no need to go all dressed in black - a nice dress, skirt/blouse. Colour won't be an issue. I wore a red dress to one of my interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I wouldn't stick with all black as you are only going in for an interview, it's not like you are going to be starting work there and then.

I'd wear something smart though - maybe pencil dress with black tights and blazer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I wouldn't wear all black, it can look a bit dull. Even if the concession staff wear all black, take direction from the style of the brand as a whole and their current collection. I worked in a non-clothes department there, and for the interview I kept it simple with a navy skirt, neat white shirt and bright coloured shoes.

Questions wise, they'll ask you about your experience, things like "tell us about a time you went the extra mile for a customer", "how have you dealt with difficult situations with customers", or they might give you a scenario like a customer isn't sure about something they want to buy, how can you reassure them or in other words "seal the deal", stuff like that! Bring a copy of your CV with you.

Advertisement