Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo Unhappy at Real Madrid

• 02-09-2012 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭

Cristiano Ronaldo left reporters scratching their heads tonight when he said he did not celebrate his goals in Real Madrid's 3-0 La Liga home win over Granada because he was "sad" for "professional" reasons.
    The Portugal international, who asked to be substituted after picking up a knock in the second half at the Bernabeu, said his feelings had nothing to do with losing out to Andres Iniesta for the Best Player in Europe award on Thursday but refused to elaborate.
    "I don't celebrate goals when I am feeling sad and that's the case today," Ronaldo said, adding it was a "professional" and not a "personal" issue.
    "The people who work here know why and I won't say anymore than that," he said
    Ronaldo said he should be fit to feature for Portugal in their World Cup 2014 qualifiers against Luxembourg and Azerbaijan next week.
    "Let's see in a few days if I recover because I want to play with the national team and they are important qualifiers for us," he said.
    "For sure in the next two or three days I will be fine.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/european/2012/0902/336010-ronaldo-reveals-his-professional-sadness/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

La Masia ‏@Youngcules According to Punto Pelota, Cristiano Ronaldo has told Real Madrid president Florentino Perez that he wants to leave the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

He's going back to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

how many years does he have on his contract?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

No team could afford him. If he was worth 80m when they signed him he has doubled that value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

And according to Guilleam Balague some radio station in Madrid has said he's told Perez he wants out, as much as I'd love to see him back I'd say this is all largely bull**** and could be something like the club want to declare him injured for the national games but he wants to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hasn't he said before that he wants to return to United at some point?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Welcome home Ronaldo, we've missed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Back to UNITED!!!

I've photoshopped an image to see what he'd look like in a UTD kit.

cristianoronaldo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

noodler wrote: »
    Liverpool.
    Since Rodgers and Mourinho are mates maybe we can get a discount. Say... 95% off?

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Hasn't he said before that he wants to return to United at some point?

Have United got a spare 150m laying around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Melion wrote: »
    No team could afford him. If he was worth 80m when they signed him he has doubled that value

City could. Would love to see it, purely to sicken United fans :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

If he wants out why wait till 2 days after the transfer window closes. Angling for a pay raise,I'd put money on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Fergie fergie sign him up...

Could you imagine a forward line of a fully fit rooney, van persie and ronaldo.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Messi signs a new contract with Barca and he's now the highest paid player in the world ahead of Ronaldo. 2 weeks later Ronaldo kicks up a fuss either to get a new contract from RM or to get shipped to City or PSG, in order to sign a new contract and get his "status" back. Yes, he's THAT small time. Sad excuse for a human being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I doubt United could afford the Brazilian Ronaldo right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Surely nothing more than a rumour?

I could only dream of his return to Old Trafford.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Not a chance he'll leave

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Sounds like Ronaldo just wants more money at Real Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

How much is Messi on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's probably a non-issue like he wants his own dressing room or a better parking space or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Even if this is true, I couldn't see him going anywhere but United, I think he simply loves the club too much and has way too much respect for everyone at United and the club in general.

But in saying that, theres no way we could afford him..

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

How much is Messi on?

about 3 fiddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

When can you buy out your own contract? He could afford that and move back to United!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

was there a clause in his contract that said he had to be the highest paid player in the world?? i thought etoo was highest paid with anzhi???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

sugarman wrote: »
    Rooney for Ronnie, straight swap?:pac:

Madrid wouldn't have him. Mourinho would, but not a chance Perez would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Messi signs a new contract with Barca and he's now the highest paid player in the world ahead of Ronaldo. 2 weeks later Ronaldo kicks up a fuss either to get a new contract from RM or to get shipped to City or PSG, in order to sign a new contract and get his "status" back. Yes, he's THAT small time. Sad excuse for a human being.

Lol ?
    i thought etoo was highest paid with anzhi???

He is indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This thread is going to go nowhere fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No team could afford him.

sheikh-mansour_1217186c.jpeg

Xavi6 wrote: »
    sheikh-mansour_1217186c.jpeg

I'll rephrase that. No team would pay £150m for him.

Even if this is true, I couldn't see him going anywhere but United, I think he simply loves the club too much and has way too much respect for everyone at United and the club in general.

But in saying that, theres no way we could afford him..

:(

Footballers don't love clubs and fans really need to realise that. They don't have 10% of the emotion for a club that you do. It's a job for them, one they get paid stupid amounts of money to do and as soon as someone offers them better wages and/or trophy prospects, they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Sad excuse for a human being? Bit far perhaps.

• Advertisement

Footballers don't love clubs and fans really need to realise that. They don't have 10% of the emotion for a club that you do. It's a job for them, one they get paid stupid amounts of money to do and as soon as someone offers them better wages and/or trophy prospects, they're gone.

Bar players like Gerrard, carra, scholes, Neville etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ken wrote: »
    If he wants out why wait till 2 days after the transfer window closes. Angling for a pay raise,I'd put money on it.
    Sounds like Ronaldo just wants more money at Real Madrid.

These. Just looking for a big, fat new contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Bar players like Gerrard, carra, scholes, Neville etc.

Gerrard? :pac:

What happened in 2005 again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher might disagree.

And anyway so what if he wants more money? He is damn right. If you thought you could be earning more money you would jump at the chance too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

scaled.php?server=641&filename=tumblrm8js2ydvlj1rw5pfx.png&res=landing

Opr

killwill wrote: »
    Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher might disagree.

And anyway so what if he wants more money? He is damn right. If you thought you could be earning more money you would jump at the chance too.

You think Scholes, Giggs and Neville would have hung around if United weren't winning trophies and if they weren't some of the highest paid sportsmen in the country?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Obviously looking for an improved contract and nothing more. If he wanted to leave he would have done so before the window closed. Not a day after it closes.

You think Scholes, Giggs and Neville would have hung around if United weren't winning trophies and if they weren't some of the highest paid sportsmen in the country?

Yes.
    Neville, for example, helping the Youth's out with negotiating with management in terms of contracts.
    And none of them were grossly overpaid. Scholes never even had an agent I believe.

Are you suggesting the 3 United players only stayed at United because they were well paid and successful.
    Why did you not use that example for Gerrard, Carragher, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I would absolutely love to see him back in the Premier League. However, I'd imagine he's been promised something or asked for something but either way the hierarchy have failed to follow through. I'm sure it will be resolved soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Explain to me why vdV took a 25% paycut to return to a team that narrowly avoided relegation last season. He went from battling for a Europe spot with Spurs to battling for mid-table at best, possibly even battling relegation...and he asked for the move..

There are lots of footballers who are all about the money, but don't tar them all with the same brush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Mars Bar wrote: »
    When can you buy out your own contract? He could afford that and move back to United!

Unfortunately his own release clause is €1 billion :( don't think he'll be paying that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Le Tissier comes to mind. And Tony Adams to an extent, yes Arsenal won things but there were barren spells in the early 90s until when Wenger arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Add Shearer to that list.

Duff wrote: »
    Add Shearer to that list.

Did he not move to win a title and get a big paycheque?!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement