Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo Unhappy at Real Madrid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Sad lol, gtfo Ronaldo! Go spend some of your multi millions or smash a supermodel or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Explain to me why vdV took a 25% paycut to return to a team that narrowly avoided relegation last season. He went from battling for a Europe spot with Spurs to battling for mid-table at best, possibly even battling relegation...and he asked for the move..

Two words - his missus

And in fairness, we'd all work for free if it meant being close to that every day instead of in another country.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

You think Scholes, Giggs and Neville would have hung around if United weren't winning trophies and if they weren't some of the highest paid sportsmen in the country?

it was them who made utd win trophies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

killwill wrote: »
    Did he not move to win a title and get a big paycheque?!!!

He won the league with Blackburn in 94-95 and moved to Newcastle in 96 and stayed there until retirement in 2006. Turned down a move to United to stay with his hometown club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Duff wrote: »
    He won the league with Blackburn in 94-95 and moved to Newcastle in 96 and stayed there until retirement in 2006. Turned down a move to United to stay with his hometown club.

You make it sound like he moved down 4 divisions to move to his hometown club with a massive pay cheque. He moved to a club who were looking like challenging for the title for years to come and was going to be paid handsomely.

The same applies for pretty much any player at this level. They are paid really well and it would be quite easy for them to stay at a club in the top flight and keep earning their relative fortunes.

Loyalty from players is pretty much dead nowadays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

just on the topic i read about a year ago that liverpool have never recieved any enquiries/bids for jamie carragher in all his years with the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Two words - his missus

And in fairness, we'd all work for free if it meant being close to that every day instead of in another country.

Partly, but he didn't move because he is whipped. It was always his intention to return to the place he calls home. If Bayern came in offering him double the money he still would have went to HSV, guaranteed. He and the club have already made plans for a job off the pitch after he retires (at his request).

But yeah, Sylvie is fookin amazing.

Isn't there a $1billion release clause in his contract? I may have the currency wrong but unless it's Lira or something it's a sizable amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

How do you say "a non-story" in Spanish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think he feels threatened by Essien's arrival....
    ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher might disagree

The above stayed tab one club for a number of reasons, most more important then love for the club

If utd or Liverpool had been consistently fighting relegation, mid table, or only in a position to pay them average premier league wages, they wouldn't have hung around

The likes of scholes, Higgs and Gerard could have played for the bigger clubs in Spain or Italy, but there reasons for staying weren't love for their club, it was that their demands interms of trophies and money were being met where they were, and uprooting for more
    Money probably didn't seem worth it

Does anyone really believe Gerard scholes or giggs would have stayed at one Club had utd or liverpols finances and success over the lAst 20 years mirrored the likes of villa or everton?

I very much doubt it

MD1990 wrote: »
    "I don't celebrate goals when I am feeling sad and that's the case today," Ronaldo said,

What sort of a grown man comes out with that sort of ****?

He sounds like a 6 yr old girl

. Scholes never even had an agent I believe.

He did. He got rid of him in the latter part of his career

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Messi signs a new contract with Barca and he's now the highest paid player in the world ahead of Ronaldo. 2 weeks later Ronaldo kicks up a fuss either to get a new contract from RM or to get shipped to City or PSG, in order to sign a new contract and get his "status" back. Yes, he's THAT small time. Sad excuse for a human being.

Nice copy and paste from here...http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=297287.0

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

redzerdrog wrote: »
    just on the topic i read about a year ago that liverpool have never recieved any enquiries/bids for jamie carragher in all his years with the club.
    Not really a suprise, not good enough for bigger clubs and he wasnt likely to move to a smaller club. Also never caused a fuss at the club/media to encourage bids/enquiries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

LiamoSail wrote: »
    The above stayed tab one club for a number of reasons, most more important then love for the club

If utd or Liverpool had been consistently fighting relegation, mid table, or only in a position to pay them average premier league wages, they wouldn't have hung around

The likes of scholes, Higgs and Gerard could have played for the bigger clubs in Spain or Italy, but there reasons for staying weren't love for their club, it was that their demands interms of trophies and money were being met where they were, and uprooting for more
    Money probably didn't seem worth it

Does anyone really believe Gerard scholes or giggs would have stayed at one Club had utd or liverpols finances and success over the lAst 20 years mirrored the likes of villa or everton?

I very much doubt it

Ah Gerrard's success has been alot closer to Villa's and Everton's than United's over the last 20yrs.
    All 3 could have gone to Juve, Barca, Real and had better climate, women, etc.
    IMO they stayed for the love of their clubs.

I hope he goes to City or Barca just for the lols

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I hope he goes to City or Barca just for the lols

City would be a pretty hilarious transfer. Would make them pretty much invincible though were it to happen.

Nothing story though. He'll get a new contract or bonus and it will be fine. Thread won't be complete until we get to link Balague's incorrect 'insider' take on the issue though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Roman just saved over £1 Billion from a court case the other day, sign him up I'd say.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

brinty wrote: »
    Fergie fergie sign him up...

Could you imagine a forward line of a fully fit rooney, van persie and ronaldo.....

No...Flog Rooney to finance the deal. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Some serious naivety about footballers and money. Money is number 1, same as anyone working in a job. Funny that out of the tens of thousands of players, a few people think the point is wrong because of about 3 players on massive wages playing for the top clubs!
    One player I can think of was Matt Le Tissier, but even he stayed at southampton because they let him get away with being a lazy bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Even if this is true, I couldn't see him going anywhere but United, I think he simply loves the club too much and has way too much respect for everyone at United and the club in general.

:(

What a strange dreamland you must live in :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

It's more than likely bull**** but Jorge Mendes (CRAgent) says he didn't know that Ronaldo was feeling like this and it's not related to money.

http://www.marca.com/2012/09/03/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1346661605.html

Maybe he was in love with Granero, or hates Michael Essien.

tossy wrote: »
    brinty wrote: »
    Fergie fergie sign him up...

Could you imagine a forward line of a fully fit rooney, van persie and ronaldo.....

No...Flog Rooney to finance the deal. :D

That would only get one of his legs I'd imagine, probably the left one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

carlop wrote: »
    It's more than likely bull**** but Jorge Mendes (CRAgent) says he didn't know that Ronaldo was feeling like this and it's not related to money.

http://www.marca.com/2012/09/03/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1346661605.html

Maybe he was in love with Granero, or hates Michael Essien.

Could be something to do with this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7ak6pUwCBN6gU2WiaD6xA5cfuWGIOOeJtsxMlWCIOyVeUvzhO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ah Gerrard's success has been alot closer to Villa's and Everton's than United's over the last 20yrs.

Huh? He's won every single trophy he could win in club football, aside from the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Isn't this a case where a special relationship between 2 clubs comes into handy effect?
    Levy must be on the phone right now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Most players want the biggest paycheque they can get but it's by no means just because of greed.
    It's a status thing for many players, it's to feed their egos. Like Theo Walcott thinking he's worth more than 70 k per week, doubt it would happen but he would give up CL football just to get the money he was 'worth'.
    Also, another poster said Ronaldo has to be the best paid footballer in the world, that's pure ego.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Could be something to do with this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7ak6pUwCBN6gU2WiaD6xA5cfuWGIOOeJtsxMlWCIOyVeUvzhO
    It isn't.
    "If I won I would not have been surprised, if I lost I would not have been surprised," he said. "I am fine about that. Iniesta won, and he deserved it."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

A13cLl-CEAA99EG.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Somes extra info
    Spanish radio host Jose Ramon de la Morena broke the story that Ronaldo had met with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez and the club's director general Jose Angel Sanchez on Saturday, and told them he wanted to quit the Spanish giants.

"He went into Perez office and told the Madrid president and Jose Angel Sanchez that he wanted to leave Real Madrid," de la Morena revealed. "He said he did not feel loved within the squad, and did not feel supported by the rest of his team-mates.

"Ronaldo told them that he was not happy in the team, that he was distanced from nearly everyone and especially from Marcelo. They do not talk since Marcelo said that Casillas could be a perfect Ballon D'Or winner. Cristiano was very affected, as previously Marcelo, Pepe, [Fabio] Coentrao and Cristiano were a very close group, eating together at training. Today, when Cristiano scored his first goal, Marcelo went and hugged [Jose] Callejon. They do not have the same relationship as before."

On radio show El Larguero, AS editor Alfredo Relano gave what seemed a more balanced view of what might be going on in Cristiano's mind.

"He wants more money," said Relano. "A while ago he was talking about a contract for life. The price of a superstar has gone up after all the goals he has scored and after all Madrid have won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

He might want to grow up a little bit.
    He is a big boy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Also, another poster said Ronaldo has to be the best paid footballer in the world, that's pure ego.

No club would be retarded enough to allow that stipulation in a players contract, to be best paid at the club does happen, but to allow outside events you would have no control over to dictate a players wages is sun reader nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Even if this is true, I couldn't see him going anywhere but United, I think he simply loves the club too much and has way too much respect for everyone at United and the club in general.

But in saying that, theres no way we could afford him..

:(

That's funny I could only see him going to one club too City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Tevez Aguero Ronaldo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

That's funny I could only see him going to one club too City.

Not in a million years. Now I am sure that they will offer a world record fee for him (well in excess of 120m) but I cannot see him wanting to go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Daemos wrote: »
    Since Rodgers and Mourinho are mates maybe we can get a discount. Say... 95% off?

We would still only offer 500,000 less than what they wanted and refuse to offer more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    A13cLl-CEAA99EG.jpg:large
    Ronaldo said, adding it was a "professional" and not a "personal" issue

Must have had a strange relationship with his Da........

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I remember Ronaldo saying that he wanted to win everything in Enland, then Spain and then Italy. Cannot see him going to Italy for another 7 years tbh as no Italian club could afford him, but I see him trying to win Serie A in his early-min 30's.

between now and then, the only clubs I could see him going to are United in a mega swap deal with Rooney or Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I doubt very much that Ronaldo will leave Madrid, not for another 2/3 years anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Somes extra info
    If that's true, I feel sorry for Jose and Perez. It's like dealing with 14 year old girls. Really is hard to believe this is a grown man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

It's his Fathers anniversary in a few days .Probably a bit upset over that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's his Fathers anniversary in a few days .Probably a bit upset over that .

He said it was not a personal issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

double GG wrote: »
    He's going back to United.

if he goes back to Utd, i'll give up football I reckon.

Ronaldo, Kagawa, Rooney, VP.

fúck right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Melion wrote: »
    Have United got a spare 150m laying around?

IPO, baby! :pac:

How will he go back to Utd.

There might be the small matter of Real Madrid wanting a return on their investment. They paid £80mill for him, and I'm sure they would want that, plus more, back considering his value has only gone up since his arrival.

Utd can't afford it, City probably could.

But I agree, I am losing interest in top level professional football too. These guys are not in the same world the rest of us occupy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Falcao Torres Ronaldo
    Boom!

Panthro wrote: »
    Falcao Torres Ronaldo
    Boom!

Good luck trying to deal with those ego's

• Advertisement
Advertisement