Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo Unhappy at Real Madrid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

[QUOTE=NIMAN;80584019[/QUOTE]

But I agree, I am losing interest in top level professional football too. These guys are not in the same world the rest of us occupy.[/QUOTE]

when were professional footballers ever in the same world as somebody working a 9-5 job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

NIMAN wrote: »
    Good luck trying to deal with those ego's

I'll give you Ronaldo, but I've never noticed Torres to have a huge ego, and Falcao has struck me as nothing but humble and decent, and quite shy of the limelight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

NIMAN wrote: »
    He said it was not a personal issue.

That doesn't make it true...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That doesn't make it true...

Well then if we can't base the discussion on what the man himself says, maybe he isn't "sad". Maybe someone has wired a bomb to his cat that will explode if he every raises his hands above his head.

Maybe he had a ****-load of botox done and he doesn't want anyone to know he can no longer express joy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

Well then if we can't base the discussion on what the man himself says, maybe he isn't "sad". Maybe someone has wired a bomb to his cat that will explode if he every raises his hands above his head.

Maybe he had a ****-load of botox done and he doesn't want anyone to know he can no longer express joy?

I think he ment that it's his dads anniversary is coming up, either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Clearly if his fathers anniversary is coming up he doesn't want to bring it up so he says 'professionally'. I'm saying it makes sense for him to say professional under those circumstances.

But clearly that just went over your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

He just posted this on Twitter...
    04 September 2012That I am feeling sad and have expressed this sadness has created a huge stir. I am accused of wanting more money, but one day it will be shown that this is not the case. At this point, I just want to guarantee to the Real Madrid fans that my motivation, dedication, commitment and desire to win all competitions will not be affected. I have too much respect for myself and for Real Madrid to ever give less to the club than all I am capable of. Abrazos to all madridistas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Where does it say he's unhappy with Real Madrid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

He's had a bit of a falling out with the other Portuguese lads, that's all.

Storm in a teacup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Awwwww!!! Ronaldo really feels a little sad! The poor thing!!

But it's ok Ronnie, your lickle friend Arbeloa has some comforting words....... “He just needs more affection from everybody, I don’t know, that’s all we can give him."

Oh and just to clear up any rumours for Ronnies *snigger* 'depression'....'Ronaldo was quick to deny that the cause of his depression was missing out on being named UEFA’s best player in Europe, with the award going to Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta.'

Footballers really are a bunch of pr!cks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

its f%cking disgusting that this type of tripe makes the news...

the money he's on is sickening and he comes out with this crap..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

madma wrote: »

money doesn't buy happiness:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

They are reporting that its not money, but rather that Madrid didn't really back him in the player of the year awards

I'm not allowed to say what i really think of Ronaldo. All i will say is that i saw how he reacted when he scored his goals for Real Madrid the weekend just gone and read the stories since and the lad really needs a slap in the face from a cancer victim!

He's an idiot of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So now its back to the player of the year awards even though he claims its not about that.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

monkey9 wrote: »
    the lad really needs a slap in the face from a cancer victim!

So nobody is allowed to be pissed off about anything because other people have cancer??? :rolleyes:
    He didn't celebrate the goals and was asked why,he gave the answer.

He's in the public eye,these things are going to be in the news,get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm not allowed to say what i really think of Ronaldo. All i will say is that i saw how he reacted when he scored his goals for Real Madrid the weekend just gone and read the stories since and the lad really needs a slap in the face from a cancer victim!

Thats two posts having a go at the guy. And you are a Liverpool fan and I'm sure you disliked him when he was at United.

I never liked the guy at United but recently he seems to have stopped diving like he used to back then and I respect him for that and for his football talent. Its just it was so frustrating years ago to see him go down when you knew if he kept going you could see a great goal.

All this stuff thats going on now seems to me like a power play where he is putting it up to Madrid and hoping he wins out and whoever he wants out goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

So just because somebody is paid a lot they can't be sad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ronaldo is a tool for many, many reasons but I'm a bit confused as to why he is getting so much stick over this.

Maybe he was just feeling sad. Thats allowed you know. Even rich people get down occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

brinty wrote: »
    Fergie fergie sign him up...

Could you imagine a forward line of a fully fit rooney, van persie and ronaldo.....
    I can easily imagine major rows between them:D

cambo2008 wrote: »
    So nobody is allowed to be pissed off about anything because other people have cancer??? :rolleyes:
    He didn't celebrate the goals and was asked why,he gave the answer.

He's in the public eye,these things are going to be in the news,get over it.

He didn't celebrate because it's all about him! 'Look at me everybody, i'm sad!'

eagle eye wrote: »
    Thats two posts having a go at the guy. And you are a Liverpool fan and I'm sure you disliked him when he was at United.

I never liked the guy at United but recently he seems to have stopped diving like he used to back then and I respect him for that and for his football talent. Its just it was so frustrating years ago to see him go down when you knew if he kept going you could see a great goal.

All this stuff thats going on now seems to me like a power play where he is putting it up to Madrid and hoping he wins out and whoever he wants out goes.

Yep, i disliked him at Utd and i dislike him at Real Madrid. I'll dislike him if he moves anywhere else as well. No big deal! That chap is a clown, if you disagree, fair enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

He didn't celebrate because it's all about him! 'Look at me everybody, i'm sad!'

You jelly?

BKC wrote: »
    So just because somebody is paid a lot they can't be sad?

no but when it comes to him he's known as an attention seeker. whats he got to be sad about? extremely rich, one of the best footballers in the world, women throwing themselves at him no doubt all the time. unless he came out and announced he suffers from depression then that would be a different story.

if he is sad about something he should keep it himself like the majority of people

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Ronaldo is a tool for many, many reasons but I'm a bit confused as to why he is getting so much stick over this.

Maybe he was just feeling sad. Thats allowed you know. Even rich people get down occasionally.

Ahahaha!! Yeah he was feeling sad alright!! He has some talent for looking sad and arrogant all at the same time!

You jelly?

jelly of what??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Why do you feel the need to reference a cancer victim here? Cop on for fúck sake that's ridiculous, if you don't like the guy fair enough it's your own business but don't make such stupid remarks about serious issues like cancer ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

no but when it comes to him he's known as an attention seeker. whats he got to be sad about? extremely rich, one of the best footballers in the world, women throwing themselves at him no doubt all the time. unless he came out and announced he suffers from depression then that would be a different story.

if he is sad about something he should keep it himself like the majority of people

Exactly. Until we hear he suffers from depression rather than just being "sad" then it is right to call him out as a clown. By even making this an issue he has thrown his club into a situation they dont need. My guess is he is trying to exert a Raul-like influence and get those who dont like him within the squad out.

Why do you feel the need to reference a cancer victim here? Cop on for fúck sake that's ridiculous, if you don't like the guy fair enough it's your own business but don't make such stupid remarks about serious issues like cancer ok.

There's always one.

• Advertisement

There's always one.

Yes your spot on, always one taking football issues too far with stupid references and remarks.

And on this occasion that's you sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

This thread and the the amount of hate toward possibly the second best footballer to ever play the game has made me even more aware of how much I love him

:D Thanks guys

Ronnie, what a ****ing hero, he is a phenom!

Simply put, everything the guy does is news, look at this, he doesnt celebrate his goals (thats right, the ones giving him a better goals to games ratio then 1:1) so he gets asked why, says he didnt feel like celebrating, that he felt a bit sad and bam! Huge news on sky sports and the other media, threads about it on Irelands largest message board, haters venting their bile all over again :)

He is a star in fairness.

Never change Ronnie

Yes your spot on, always one taking football issues too far with stupid references and remarks.

I was making a point!! Should i not mention a car in case someone here knows someone who got knocked down by one?? Should we ban talks of cars??

You really are the one who needs to cop on. You're just being insensitive for the arguement!

cr9.jpg

kryogen wrote: »
    This thread and the the amount of hate toward possibly the second best footballer to ever play the game has made me even more aware of how much I love him

:D Thanks guys

Ronnie, what a ****ing hero, he is a phenom!

Simply put, everything the guy does is news, look at this, he doesnt celebrate his goals (thats right, the ones giving him a better goals to games ratio then 1:1) so he gets asked why, says he didnt feel like celebrating, that he felt a bit sad and bam! Huge news on sky sports and the other media, threads about it on Irelands largest message board, haters venting their bile all over again :)

He is a star in fairness.

Never change Ronnie

Bendtner makes news.

Bendtner makes news.

Really? everything he does eh?

Come on now, you know that was a reach

criAlegria.jpg

ps, I have just decided that every post I have in here will now be accompanied by either a picture or a video of the man himself. For all his fans

I was making a point!! Should i not mention a car in case someone here knows someone who got knocked down by one?? Should we ban talks of cars??

You really are the one who needs to cop on. You're just being insensitive for the arguement!

Re-read your last line would you, who exactly is the insensitive one? Well at least your username makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I, for one, would love to know why Ronaldo's such a tool. Yes, he's very confident, but fúck it, wouldn't you be if you were him?
    For a man who came from such a shítty background I think he's done excellently for himself and a man to look up to. So what if he's feeling a bit down at the moment and when asked he was truthful about it? No, he should have been a "real man" and bottled it up, obviously, because then he wouldn't be an "attention seeker"! Would ye rather he just sat there in the interview and pouted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Did he not say awhile back that if he did move, it would be back to United? If so, i cannot see how we (united) could afford him with all this debt we have.

Edit...

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/cristiano-ronaldo-specials/why-is-ronaldo-sad

I nearly spat out my coffee while i read that.. Haha

I would stick 5eur on "Ran out of hair gel" @ 5/1 :P

Re-read your last line would you, who exactly is the insensitive one? Well at least your username makes sense.

Honestly, i haven't a clue what you're talking about this stage. You're going well off topic!

• Advertisement

liverpools striker crisis LOL.. 100/1 ya never know :)http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/cristiano-ronaldo-specials/why-is-ronaldo-sad

my 1,000 post.. its taken me ages!

b757 wrote: »
    Did he not say awhile back that if he did move, it would be back to United? If so, i cannot see how we (united) could afford him with all this debt we have.

Edit...

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/cristiano-ronaldo-specials/why-is-ronaldo-sad

I nearly spat out my coffee while i read that.. Haha

I would stick 5eur on "Ran out of hair gel" @ 5/1 :P

Yea heard something along those lines a good while back aswell but I'd take that with a pinch of salt tbh, he also said in his pre CL final '09 interview he was staying at United, we'd never afford him anyway for reasons you stated above.

baz2009 wrote: »
    I, for one, would love to know why Ronaldo's such a tool. Yes, he's very confident, but fúck it, wouldn't you be if you were him?
    For a man who came from such a shítty background I think he's done excellently for himself and a man to look up to. So what if he's feeling a bit down at the moment and when asked he was truthful about it? No, he should have been a "real man" and bottled it up, obviously, because then he wouldn't be an "attention seeker"! Would ye rather he just sat there in the interview and pouted?

You see the way he acted like a clown when he scored against Getafe?? That's what prompted the questions. He knew what he was doing. That's the attention seeking part. That's poor sad depressed Ronaldo. God love him.

I'd be fairly confident though he'll get is new contract to help him over the tax laws in Spain. Hopefully, that'll buy him enough bread and make him happy once again.

Honestly, i haven't a clue what you're talking about this stage. You're going well off topic!

That's ok, I should have known you were confused. I'll leave it there so.

That's ok, I should have known you were confused. I'll leave it there so.

Glad we came to an agreement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Thats retarded. Maybe every footballer that acts up should get a slap from somebody in a bad position. My auntie is sick, so perhaps she should go after Eden Hazard for making a public circus of his transfer when he's in a position everyone dreams of. I know people affected by Drink drivers, so maybe Demba Ba should get a slap from the lot of them.

Or people with leg injuries, should get after Gerrard, Nani or Suarez for their diving. Or wound victims, over Suarez biting, or Racial victims over Suarez's racist comments etc etc.

Appreciate one of the best footballers you're ever likely to see while you can, regardless of who he used to play for. Maybe the biased retorts might stop too if a bit of fairness was given to the lad in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

baz2009 wrote: »

Is this argument really becoming about Ronaldo being such a sensitive soul?? I'm a big, big Ronaldo fan, don't even follow United either, but my god he dosen't make it easy to like him at times with his petulance. If he's gonna make such a big deal out of being 'sad', then surely he has to take himself out of the team, for the betterment of Real. This won't happen by the way, just saying he's being a little childish over this, regardless of what the reasons over his sadness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

How could it be about money though? What's an extra 100k a week to him considering the millions he earns in advertising?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

IvySlayer wrote: »
    How could it be about money though? What's an extra 100k a week to him considering the millions he earns in advertising?

Status, maybe. Maybe he demands to be the highest paid player in the world? Seems ridiculous, but would you be surprised?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

IvySlayer wrote: »

I wouldn't say it's anything to do with money. He's obscenely wealthy already so money is surely not an issue.

Advertisement