Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

could I be pregnant?

Options
  • 03-09-2012 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Ok am I being silly or could I be pregnant?? I feel sick and tired all the time I've had two periods since i lasts had sex in july i took a test it was positve two weeks ago i took another it was negitive ..... i have my period again now would it be silly of me to ask my doctor for a blood test or should i just take it that i'm not pregnant :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I think you should go to your GP regardless. If you're sick and tired all the time then it won't be a wasted visit and at least you'll get a definite answer. It is possible to bleed and still be pregnant but if you feel silly going to the doctor asking for a pregnancy test while you're bleeding mention the sickness and tiredness and that you've had unprotected sex and a positive test and they'll do a precautionary pregnancy test. Do you have any other symptoms like sore boobs, heartburn, varicose veins/hemmeroids or going off/craving particular foods? Not everyone gets these but they can be an indication. In any case, feeling the way you do is enough reason to go to the GP, regardless of whether you're pregnant or not.
    All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pudy

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    I think you should go to your GP regardless. If you're sick and tired all the time then it won't be a wasted visit and at least you'll get a definite answer. It is possible to bleed and still be pregnant but if you feel silly going to the doctor asking for a pregnancy test while you're bleeding mention the sickness and tiredness and that you've had unprotected sex and a positive test and they'll do a precautionary pregnancy test. Do you have any other symptoms like sore boobs, heartburn, varicose veins/hemmeroids or going off/craving particular foods? Not everyone gets these but they can be an indication. In any case, feeling the way you do is enough reason to go to the GP, regardless of whether you're pregnant or not.
    All the best!

yeah I either want loads of the same food or nothing at all, and well they're hard and tender is that what you mean ?? ok well I just felt a bit silly .... maybe now because i was so excited I'm just thinking too much :) a trip to my gp is starting to look better and better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

pudy wrote: »
    yeah I either want loads of the same food or nothing at all, and well they're hard and tender is that what you mean ?? ok well I just felt a bit silly .... maybe now because i was so excited I'm just thinking too much :) a trip to my gp is starting to look better and better

I first knew I was pregnant cause I ordered a shellfish soup which is one of my favourite foods ever, took one spoonful and gagged. I also started eating marmite which is quite random but is actually really high in folic acid and b vitamins.

hard and tender boobs is familiar too- like really irritating to wear a lacy bra.

best of luck with your dr visit!

Advertisement