Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AlphaZone Transformation Clinic

Options
  • 03-09-2012 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to make some changes in my life that I have tried and failed on my own to do

I was wondering if anyone can vouch for this guy and what this place does

http://alphazone.ie/page47.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

I'm looking to make some changes in my life that I have tried and failed on my own to do

I was wondering if anyone can vouch for this guy and what this place does

http://alphazone.ie/page47.html

give it a blast-but his profile picture is kinda David Brentish

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Had a look at what he treats. Claims to treat ME & MS which I wonder how the funk he'd be "helping" them...

Also laughed at the http://www.nlp.ie/training/certification.html part (that he says he's certified in), mainly the last two sections, both still unwritten, filled in with crap;
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nam eu nulla. Donec lobortis purus vel urna.

Seems Michael is one of six people who run the NLP centre which is his qualification. I smell snake oil...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Looks like a quack if ever there was one. He claims to be a qualified psychotherapist and yet he can't even spell the word. Even his picture makes him look like a conman!

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Went to him a few years back. Done a few yoga classes aswell. Very nice fella. Good at what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Went to him a few years back. Done a few yoga classes aswell. Very nice fella. Good at what he does.

done yoga there too, he was excellent at that anyway so if you thinking of doing yoga or pilates I would give him thumbs up 100%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I have met Michael on a few occasions, seems David Brent-ish yes, and I don't know what it is, but I've never taken to him... but, everyone I know who has gone to him speaks very highly of him and they all recommend him. That's for the life-coaching etc, not Yoga, Pilates etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

website looks bit tacky!!! usually a website says a lot about a business maybe he should take some life coaching and maybe some web development training himself!!!

website looks bit tacky!!! usually a website says a lot about a business maybe he should take some life coaching and maybe some web development training himself!!!

Loads of people get others to make the website for them in fairness. I do agree it could be a lot better website in fairness.

I dont hypnotherapy and yoga with Michael and found him very good . That yoga is impossible to do when ya have nads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

You use the quality of a businesses web-site to determine if its a good service or not? im surprised by this, surely speaking to people/customers, talking to business owner, services provided/qualifications etc is more relavant especially when any fool could get an off the shelf/fancy lookin website for a couple hundred quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

I don't want to say this guy is unqualified but the whole website screams of 'got his degrees in the post' and the fact that he deals with a myriad of subjects from Yoga to Psychotherapy doesn't really leave me enthused.

The whole website seems uber sketchy to me. I think if you want to make some life changes and need help doing so I'd start with a counsellor or psychiatrist in the area. I know the idea of therapy seems like a mad idea to most Irish people but at least you'll get someone who's definitely qualified if you ask for a referral from a GP. And from experience they don't charge! This guy charges €90/hr. I'd prefer the free option.

Edit: Ok I just realised my mother dragged me to his yoga class when I was about 14. Now that I know the guy I definitely wouldn't go to him for lifestyle advice. But that is just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Max Powers wrote: »
    You use the quality of a businesses web-site to determine if its a good service or not? im surprised by this, surely speaking to people/customers, talking to business owner, services provided/qualifications etc is more relavant especially when any fool could get an off the shelf/fancy lookin website for a couple hundred quid.

I don't think that's the point he was making. It's more a case of bad website often reflects a poor business. The corollary is not automatically true in that a good website is not a good indicator that the underlying business is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Dan133269 wrote: »
    I don't think that's the point he was making. It's more a case of bad website often reflects a poor business. The corollary is not automatically true in that a good website is not a good indicator that the underlying business is good.

I'd agree. How many good businesses have 'poor' websites? It reflects badly tbh. There are certain exceptions of course, but people of a certain age/business/wage bracket shouldn't have a poor website imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Max Powers wrote: »
    well in fairness ya could say its like dragons den, your pitching yourself to a possible customer to gain his or her business so therefore if the website is shabby like it is and unfinished looking then a potential customer maybe lost and therefore uninvestable!!! like would you buy a product if the packaging was shabby and unfinished???i know i would'nt and i work as a sales rep and i would'nt sell a shabby looking product to a potential customer!!!!

As a therapist I would highly recommend him. I went to loads of others so I have something to base my opinion of him against .
    Yoga, I found good but never went to a different yoga person so have nothing to base my opinion against.
    Hypnosis is very good with him aswell.
    Done some of that NLP aswell. Found that fair good in fairness. Done a weekend NLP thing aswell and found Michael to be a lot nicer and friendlier than the fella who was running the weekend thingmebob

Advertisement