Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tsm french psychology exams TCD

Options
  • 03-09-2012 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was wondering what the assessments for french and psychology in trinity, are there exams in christmas? the trinity website doesnt seem to say anything about it.. or is it more continuous assessments? thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I was wondering what the assessments for french and psychology in trinity, are there exams in christmas? the trinity website doesnt seem to say anything about it.. or is it more continuous assessments? thanks

Trinity doesn't currently have Christmas exams (some courses run their own, but there are no formal ones like the summer ones). There was a student referendum in 2009 about it but nothing has come of it yet. I don't think it'll happen this year either, because they'd have to change the year layout (start one of the semesters a few weeks earlier/later) to fit them in and they haven't done that.

I can't tell you about Psychology, but for French:

Exams:
    In the summer, you'll have exams in Language I (grammar), Language II (essays & comprehension), Contemporary France and Literature.
    You'll also have an Oral exam and an Aural before the written exams start.

Continuous Assessment:

You'll be handing in a short assignment every week for Written Language. The best 13 of these (5 from Michaelmas Term, 8 from Hilary Term) count for something like 10% of the year.

Finally, you'll have to write a Term Essay and a Commentary (one in each term) for Literature. One in English, one in French. These also count towards your final mark (can't remember exactly how much).

You'll be given a handbook when you start (well, you'll be given a link to download/print it) which will have all of that written out clearly. Take this as a guideline only, in case it changes :)

Advertisement