Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crazy Di Canio at it again

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Pro. F wrote: »
    This is unbelievable. Fascist imperialist propaganda still fooling people 80 years later! Fúck me.

Bollocks, I'm simply stating that your quotes about him and his racist ideas were taken at a certain point in time, there's also quotes where he seems to disagree with racism.

Hence the 'conflicting'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nailed on to be the next West Ham manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Bollocks, I'm simply stating that your quotes about him and his racist ideas were taken at a certain point in time, there's also quotes where he seems to disagree with racism.

Hence the 'conflicting'.

Mussolini said anything to get himself into power and build his empire - it is the nature of fascism. His subsequent actions and words, and what has been revealed in his mistress's diaries, should leave you in no doubt about how he viewed and treated anybody he saw as not being of Italian race. Whatever he started out believing or claiming to believe there should be no doubt what he ended up doing and saying (both in public and private).

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yawn

Tired? It is late to be fair. Mods are probably all tucked up in bed, not the best time of the day to be scouring pics for penis.

For most anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tired? It is late to be fair. Mods are probably all tucked up in bed, not the best time of the day to be scouring pics for penis.

For most anyway

Listen buddy, copying my post from another thread and pasting it here won't mask the fact that you were looking closely at pictures to try find a trace of male genitalia, then whinged because no one else has the eagle eyes you do when it comes to that sort of thing.

Probably best you call it a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Whatever about his politics (and yes, I think his pro-fascist stance is a valid reason to dislike him), Di Canio's antics are great gas when you're winning matches and generally on the up.

It's when the team is in a genuinely tough situation - whether that's in a game or a season - that they become truly destructive.

See: Diego Maradona.*

* I'll resist the temptation to draw a link with Il Duce's military eccentricities)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Are they mad in Swindon? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I think he is trying to alienate his whole squad.

From bbc website:
    Swindon manager Paolo Di Canio says Aden Flint was to blame for their 1-0 Johnstone's Paint Trophy first round derby defeat by Oxford. The 23-year-old had just come on as a substitute when his collision with team-mate Darren Ward led to Alfie Potter's 88th-minute winner. "Flint came in tonight as if he was on holiday and this is not acceptable," Di Canio told BBC Wiltshire. "He has to take the responsibility. We lost because of him."

Di Canio is just a Tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

He needs to solve this stuff indoors, but to be fair: The mistake by Flint was insane, went in with almost a rugby tackle, completely idiot thing to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement