Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Talk to: Liberty insurance" forum feedback

Options
  • 03-09-2012 5:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Just a few thoughts about that particular forum that i'd like to gather feedback from users and mods and NOT Liberty insurance themselves.

Theres an issue surrounding that forum already even in its early days but theres a few issues that stick out for me.

1) posts getting "missed" - i.e complaints.

2) posts in relation to personal policies or accidents that have happened that cannot be discussed on site, there is currently 2 active threads (awaiting answers) that i know are just going to turn into liberty saying, please call us or let us call you type thing.

I would've thought that for something like personal car insurance etc. that it would have to be strict confidentiality and privacy etc.

but it seems more the reason why they are there is that they want posters to ask about insuring a product with them and the reps just trying to sell sell sell rather than support since theres so much privacy etc. in regards to policies.

just my 2c about the forum, i just think its there as a selling point more than anything else that they cant really provide full support over a thread and also there would be conflicts from what they might say on thread than what they would say over the phone etc. or that its just a bit of waste of time

I originally thought it was a great idea they joined the site for support etc. but when you look at it more they cant provide support.

but would like to hear some thoughts on this.

thanks,

KS&L
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I went in there the day after the forum was created as I was shopping around for my renewal this month

Seen this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056735207&page=2

Made my mind up for me

Then I seen this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056740532

A very positive feedback thread, which has no response and was locked :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Tallon wrote: »
    Then I seen this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056740532

A very positive feedback thread, which has no response and was locked :confused:

I don't believe that the Verified Reps have the ability to lock threads, do they?

Also, that post was originally put under the Charter which Dav seemed to have forgotten to lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Yea, that was a post that had been in the charter and was accidentally locked when I moved it out from the charter - it's been unlocked now.

The forum in general: it's there to answer general queries and to arrange with customers to get specific questions answered by an agent. Financial services such as banking and insurance have pretty hefty laws in place about who can give advice and in what way. For that reason, the reps will have to defer you to one of the qualified members of staff in their call centres to deal with specific account questions. It's not the staff manning the forum being lazy or anything like that, it's the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Dav wrote: »
    Yea, that was a post that had been in the charter and was accidentally locked when I moved it out from the charter - it's been unlocked now.

The forum in general: it's there to answer general queries and to arrange with customers to get specific questions answered by an agent. Financial services such as banking and insurance have pretty hefty laws in place about who can give advice and in what way. For that reason, the reps will have to defer you to one of the qualified members of staff in their call centres to deal with specific account questions. It's not the staff manning the forum being lazy or anything like that, it's the law.

I wouldn't accuse the staff over there being lazy. but I would like to know what kind of general questions there would be since it is a sensitive area of products and ins etc.

also I would like to see every post get an answer and not get missed but that's not happening by the looks off it.

now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to have a go at liberty , I'll be using them very soon for my taxi insurance when that gets sorted and they got me one hell of a price for it so it's not that I'm saying they're bad or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

also I would like to see every post get an answer and not get missed but that's not happening by the looks off it.
    On this, Ireland's biggest discussion forum, website; you can't expect a newcomer with minimal resources put forward to take on everyone in a boards thread. Talk to forums are still in their infancy, with many companies very wary of using social media in this way, in particular on a massive discussion forum, it's different on Twitter for example.

I'd like to see every thread starter/OP to receive a response, but wouldn't expect every randomer to get a response on a thread they didn't create, that's my opinion. If you want a response (in my opinion), create a thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement