Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sinking Ship

• 03-09-2012 5:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

There's a hole in the ship. Actually there's several holes. But they're repairable. It'll be a lot of work, however it is doable.
    The ship is quite something. Yep people are abandoning ship without trying to repair it jumping into life rafts making it harder for the remaining crew to save the ship from sinking.

What would you do? Abandon ship, or stick around trying to salvage it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

Not really in my interest to hang around and risk my neck for someone else's ship...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

There's a hole in the ship. Actually there's several holes. But they're repairable. It'll be a lot of work, however it is doable.
    The ship is quite something. Yep people are abandoning ship without trying to repair it jumping into life rafts making it harder for the remaining crew to save the ship from sinking.

Wait till everyone else gets off then claim it as my own and fix it up.

Then sell it as scrap

Unless this is some clever analogy for Ireland and emigrants. Then I'd be safe in the knowledge that countries don't usually sink.
    Unless you live in Atlantis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

It can be difficult to salvage a sinking ship if it is discovered the crew are blasting great big canon balls out through the hull.

Nice try though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Should have flown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

The ship has sailed. Leave her be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I forgot to mention the fair maiden is in the bellows of the ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

Glad I'm not her so :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Your story is missing some important details like

Is she hot?

Keep in mind she is wearing a chastity belt, and she is the captains daughter.
    However is would such a shame to see such precious cargo go down, would it not.
    Ahoy ahoy.

gatecrash wrote: »
    Wait till everyone else gets off then claim it as my own and fix it up.

Then sell it as scrap

Unless this is some clever analogy for Ireland and emigrants. Then I'd be safe in the knowledge that countries don't usually sink.
    Unless you live in Atlantis.
    But we're on the edge of Atlantis:eek:

This has nothing to do with an island and it's daft inhabitants. This story is about a fine pirate ship sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Abandon ship and claim the dole.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ChickenZombie

I'd just keep on burstin' holes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

But we're on the edge of Atlantis:eek:

This has nothing to do with an island and it's daft inhabitants. This story is about a fine pirate ship sir.

Atlantic Teddy, not Atlantis..... We're on the edge of the Atlantic

I told you that snoozing during geography class would come back to haunt you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Is Kate Winslet on board?
    in the bellows of the ship.
    Steam ship then....

Is summoning Sabrina the Teenage Witch an option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Kick woman out of way.

Relax in lifeboat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Loose lips sink ships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Yep people are abandoning ship without trying to repair it jumping into life rafts making it harder for the remaining crew to save the ship from sinking.

But surely the fewer people running around arms in the air screaming blue murder would make it easier for the crew to work?

It also would lighten the load of the ship and perhaps take some of the holes above the waterline, making them easier to plug/fix, or buy some time for the ship to make it back to port?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I fear that it will be salvage ships and not rescue ships that show up. As for me, I've got my life jacket on but I'm at the bar enjoying the band as we go down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Take the maiden with me, and any loot since I'm getting my nautical kicks. If I had to stay I would steer the ship for a dry dock. Why am I on such a decrepit ship when I have better sense than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

if i were to go with the analogy.

unfortunately the Captain made a deal with holes' unions that they would not be fixed, in fairness he got the holes to stop making new holes and the holes have been reduced in size.

remember that as more people abandon the leaking ship the ship gets lighter and the rate of sinking slows unfortunately alot of the people jumping ship are hole fillers and pump operators leaving the old and non pump operating people behind them.

Also the ship cannot actually sink but with all the water it becomes a really crap place to live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Ahoy ahoy.

I'd ask her was she ever fcuked, when she replies, no. I'd say, you are now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

cant wait til we capsize like in the Posiden Adventure,walking on the ceiling will be cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Zing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

realies wrote: »
    Loose lips sink ships.

no you have that all wrong, its loose women sink dicks

Ahoy ahoy.

:D

We must not let the treasure be looted by other pirares with wandering eyes. The captain has feared for his one and only treasure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Will there be bail-outs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you get a passing tug (lets call it ECB) to tow it into a dry dock (lets call it Berlin) and all will be well

or will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Reasonably well disguised 'Recession' thread

8/10 for presentation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Do all the crew on this ship have work permits ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement