Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Crystal Swimming Club

Options
  • 03-09-2012 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Anyone know the suss here? Seems that they have been forced out of the pool because liquidators wanted to more than double it's rates. I ask only because my young lad started lessons there last Sat that went ahead there. I think it's all moving to Newtown pool, just trying to figure out what to do for next Sat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I've heard a lot of schools have also had to stop using the pool for lessons after the rate increase.
    Ridiculous logic from the liquidators in fairness! Drive away regular business, and punish the people who continue to support the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Yeah, it's been up for sale for ages now and I think it'll probably close in the next few months if a buyer isn't found. They're looking for stupid money for it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Damn! That would be a real loss! It's the only pool around with a 'real' deep end too.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Ok, just found out that it is the swimming club that are moving out of the centre, but the centre is not closing, and swimming lessons that they run are continuing as normal. The swimming club also do lessons and their lessons are moving to Newtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 funk junky

It's astonishing, why would you raise prices at a time like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Flyingc

Yea it is terrible,remember it was the people of Waterford and the glass factory workers who paid weekly to build that centre. Waterford corporation invested in revamping the pool a number of years ago. Now a reciever decides on prices etc. If you have children requiring lessons support this club as they run lessons now in newtown. A big thanks to newtown for accommodation this great club .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

price rise = less people using it = justification for closing it down

Conclusion: it's worth more to someone when it's not a sports centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Damn! That would be a real loss! It's the only pool around with a 'real' deep end too.

I think Newtown is 3 meters deep

Advertisement