Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned Ireland

Options
  • 03-09-2012 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭

I recently came across this site and find it interesting although it really annoys me when there is no address for the houses, would anyone know where the haunted mansion in is? , The one in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Most come with no addresses as the people who let him take photos of their property most likely asked him not to display that addresses, to avoid scumbags using the places as drinking holes and wrecking the places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

alie wrote: »
    I recently came across this site and find it interesting although it really annoys me when there is no address for the houses, would anyone know where the haunted mansion in is? , The one in Dublin.

I've done a bit of research on the houses in this book/website, and for some of them, they are not even in the counties they are listed as being.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Thanks guys, I'm really into paranormal stuff and would love to see them . Some of the photos on the site look a bit likey.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

There is nothing paranormal about any of the buildings on that website. If you are interested in old buildings you can take archaeology and history courses or join an urban exploration group.

It's much more interesting and rewarding to study the genuine history of a building than go in ghost hunting with a no knowledge of the places at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Riamfada wrote: »
    There is nothing paranormal about any of the buildings on that website. If you are interested in old buildings you can take archaeology and history courses or join an urban exploration group.

It's much more interesting and rewarding to study the genuine history of a building than go in ghost hunting with a no knowledge of the places at all.

+1. The buildings are interesting for their architectural, historical and photographic value - you can check out comprehensive lists on archiseek.com or buildingsofireland.com.

The houses that are reputed to be haunted are mostly inhabited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

what they said

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

I know someone who's involved in this.

They don't post addresses because often they're trespassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

I don't list location details on AbandonedIreland.com because experience has proven there are too many problems with trespassers; they get themselves into trouble and me into trouble.

I am running a free exhibition as part of Dublin Culture Night 21st September 2012. Come along and say hello :)

AM_poster_dublin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Great site, I noticed the filming location for "Song for a Raggy Boy" which was on telly the other night.

http://www.abandonedireland.com/Ballyvourney.html

Advertisement