Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT APPEALS QUESTION!

• 03-09-2012 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hope the caption got your attention. I'm appealing my English exam today, my principal gave me the form AP1 to write where I think there were discrepancies in the marking etc. eg misinterpretation of my handwriting namely. So, two questions: it was my understanding that the AP1 was only for scripts that needed to be viewed/rectified urgently due to admin errors in the calculating of the final grade. So, if I write a big spiel on all of the things wrong about how the person marked my script, then my paper reaches the SEC, they see the AP1, then realise the form is filled in with reasons the grade should be higher, then it will need reapplication of the Marking Scheme, will they just put the paper in with normal appeals and disregard that form, then the new corrector won't be able to see my paper clarifying certain words?

Also, my corrector penalised my personal response to 'The Beautiful Lie', I emailed the poet in June, telling her I wrote about her poem, what I wrote, how I interpreted it etc. and she agreed with me, saying that I interpreted certain parts well etc. do you think it would be okay to print off that email and attach it to the AP1 lol?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Just wondering could someone answer this. Say if my paper is marked up and I then have enough points for my course. What happens then? Do I get the place this year or next year? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I believe its for next year because all the places on your course will more than likely be filled.if the places aren't all filled you might have a chance of getting in this year but you'll also be a month behind on the work. I'm not sure of this exactly but I believe that's how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

Hope the caption got your attention. I'm appealing my English exam today, my principal gave me the form AP1 to write where I think there were discrepancies in the marking etc. eg misinterpretation of my handwriting namely. So, two questions: it was my understanding that the AP1 was only for scripts that needed to be viewed/rectified urgently due to admin errors in the calculating of the final grade. So, if I write a big spiel on all of the things wrong about how the person marked my script, then my paper reaches the SEC, they see the AP1, then realise the form is filled in with reasons the grade should be higher, then it will need reapplication of the Marking Scheme, will they just put the paper in with normal appeals and disregard that form, then the new corrector won't be able to see my paper clarifying certain words?

Also, my corrector penalised my personal response to 'The Beautiful Lie', I emailed the poet in June, telling her I wrote about her poem, what I wrote, how I interpreted it etc. and she agreed with me, saying that I interpreted certain parts well etc. do you think it would be okay to print off that email and attach it to the AP1 lol?

AFAIK the AP1 does not apply in your situation....I think! The AP1 is normally used when there has been a simple clerical error, ie when the marks for each question were added up wrong or when your grade was simply inserted incorrectly into the computer. We were always told that if an examiner cannot understand your handwriting they are not obliged to spend time trying to decipher your message. The interpretation of the poem however should not have affected your grade. All interpretations of the poems should be okay, if supported by the poem iteself!

I do not mean to be mean, if my post sounds that way, I'm just trying to save you money! If you have any questions, just PM me!
    :)

Advertisement