Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tullamore Dew Visitor Centre

• 03-09-2012 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

The new Visitor Centre is going to open soon and judging ny the pics that they have posted on Facebook it looks like a nice place. Bar downstairs and a tasting room upstairs.

53chM.jpg

bGhXc.jpg

Opening on the 8th of Sept.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Looks great but what a pity they didn't have it open for the tourist season which occurs during what we laughingly call a Summer around here. Still, best of luck to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Yea, as far as I know construction went to plan. At least they'll be well set up by next tourist season. In good time for Banjo festival too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Looks great! Hopefully it will be a good tourist attraction for the area.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Just wondering did anyone go in to look at it yet?

I was connected with the design / construction of it and was just wondering what everyone thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Just wondering did anyone go in to look at it yet?

I was connected with the design / construction of it and was just wondering what everyone thought.

Didn't have a chance to see it yet but have heard only good things from those who have been in.

• Advertisement

Yep, did the tour a few weeks ago, very well done.

There is a small tasting at the end which was fun.

The bar did only serve whiskey but they have added some speciality beers now, O hara's and a cider from cork I think.

If you wanted to learn about the local whiskey making you could do this tour and on to kilbeggan you'd have a great overview on the old whiskey making process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

Didn't realise it had been redone! Is it worth going if you've been before?

Father-in-law coming from America on Friday but he did it a couple of years ago just wondering if a lot has changed to make it worth doing again!?

Kilbeggan is on the list for sure found it very interesting and well done when we did it last year!

It's totally different, definetly worth a trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

i was in it and its a nice place not a massive tour and a bit overpriced i think but not bad
    i was there with two czech friends and they thought its was costly enough but they liked it

one thing its missing is a big tullamore dew sign in it somewhere where you can stand for a picture
    like you see in guinness jameson etc
    they had only a bottle in a corridor but you could be anywhere in the world and see one

Advertisement