Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying house in Moyglare hall, Maynooth, Kildare

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Patser wrote: »
    Is it really thinner.

Looking at ads on My Home there and an original 3 bed in The Dale has 1,150 sq ft advertised

They could be longer hence the floorspace, I am taking about width. The only sure way would be to check the plans. The driveways are smaller as well from what I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ciartastix

The three beds on sale for 335 are the exact same as the ones that were on sale last year in phase three for 260. The original three beds in the development are smaller. The reason for this is because the rules regarding the small single room changed. Under new regulations the box room was no longer big enough to be deemed a bedroom for planning reasons. Hence why the new three bed have the new double room on the 2nd floor and the box room is now a study so as to meet planning guidelines.

So, 335k. If the mortgage rules come in as reported over the weekend, you'd need a 15% deposit. That's about 50k.

335-50=285k mortgage. If they keep the 3.5 loan-to-income multiple contained in the original proposal, you'd need verifiable basic income of 81k (i.e. excluding overtime or bonuses).

I suppose if they are only selling four of them they'll probably find four people willing to swallow the price hike but I genuinely think they will soon run out of people willing and able to raise this kind of mortgage under the new regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amsd

Hi all, just jumping back to the discussion around Pyrite in the estate. Does anyone know if any houses in ' the park' were affected? Those looking out onto pitch at front of estate? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Not that I'm aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

Have not heard of Pyrite in this development.

Best to ask your surveyour to look for signs of it when you get the survey done. The visible signs are pretty obvious when you know what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alf2014

Hi there, I'm just wondering has anyone bought in phase 4 or do you know of anyone who bought on this phase? Are they having any trouble with land registry and builders solicitors releasing maps?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Alf2014 wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm just wondering has anyone bought in phase 4 or do you know of anyone who bought on this phase? Are they having any trouble with land registry and builders solicitors releasing maps?

Thanks

Don't think phase 4 has been released yet. U think they're just looking to see who's interested. They're still finishing off parts of phase 3, and that phase's show house has just gone on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alf2014

Patser wrote: »
    Don't think phase 4 has been released yet. U think they're just looking to see who's interested. They're still finishing off parts of phase 3, and that phase's show house has just gone on sale.[/quote

Thanks for reply, we have bought in phase 4 one of the first 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 lmf

Has anyone bought in the new phase of Moyglare hall? We looked at a 4 bed semi detached there yesterday. It seems 3 are already sold in the cul de sac, to be finished in May or June. 375k asking price. New entrance to be eventually opened after estate of complete which i guess could be another 2 years . Builders reckon price will go up after that, altho already v high price IMO.
    Any advice on area, I noticed talk of pyrite on this thread here a few years back which is very worrying !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 stratostat

This estate is quite far from the village center. I'm wondering how secondary school pupils get to schools. My son goes to college in Leixlip, looking for commuting solutions for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,892 ✭✭✭✭L1011

stratostat wrote: »
    This estate is quite far from the village center. I'm wondering how secondary school pupils get to schools. My son goes to college in Leixlip, looking for commuting solutions for him.

Its vastly closer to the secondary school than many other estates; and its moving to be beside it.

He will have to walk to the main street (66) or train station unless he can drive or someone is willing to drop him to college/main street/station. The 67 is meant to be extended to Moygalre at some point before the heat death of the sun, based on how long its taken so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

stratostat wrote: »

8/9 minutes on a bike to the village. Once the new entrance opens it will be 5/6 mins tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

when is the new entrance supposed to open? I see its been fenced off for the last while and looks finished from the road, but no idea when the houses closest that entrance are to be finished (assuming they aren't already?)

The houses closest to the road are show houses. They're currently working on houses further back in, but not on ones leading to the new entrance

might be of interest to a few:

6e60a954-4b4f-4eb5-837d-d7b2813f5e15.jpg
    Moyglare Hall a development on the edge of Maynooth will open its four bedroom semi-detached showhouse this weekend, Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th February. The eagerly awaited 4 bedroom semi-detached, approx. 1,600 sq.ft., showhouse is positioned at the new vehicular entrance. This entrance creates a new access point to the scheme which is significantly closer to the town, opposite the local GAA club.

Moyglare Hall represents an outstanding opportunity to find that perfect balance of contemporary and country living. You’ll be perfectly placed for both primary and secondary schools, with the new Maynooth Education Campus (2 secondary schools) being constructed on some of the adjoining lands. From nursery school through to doctorate, the area is a great place to learn. The Maynooth University campus is within a few minutes walk of the development.

There will be six of this house type released at the weekend with prices from €450,000.

The showhouse in this quality development is on view this Saturday & Sunday from 2.30pm – 4pm.

For any queries please contact Coonan New Homes on 01 6286128 or info@coonan.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

450 for 4 bed semi.
    Perspective. Last phase in 2016, 5 bed detached was 450k.
    5 bed semi was 415k
    4 bed was 375k i think.

Prices sure are jumping.

Location is good long term once path opened will be down town in 5/10 mins and all schools on that side of town walkable. The less one needs a car the better in Maynooth these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Does this mean the entrance will finally be opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

ABOUT TIME.

It must be 2 years since those showhouses were built? And all the time Im hearing about the "housing crisis" while they lay empty.

It was down to an old, expensive clause in the planning from 2003/4 builders were trying to get reduced/removed. Council wouldn't budge. I guess prices shifted enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 UnaAnn

Can anyone advise if the older 3 bed semis can be converted as per the new ones or is that a planning issue?

We've been bidding on older houses in this development for a few months and getting no where, worried the new ones will bump up the price again!

Im not sure, have it in my head they are probably not the right height or would have been converted at the time. But, on older house prices, the new ones have the benefit of FTB grant which is adding 20k to deposits.

A 400k mortgage at 90% is somewhere around 1750-2000pm depending on rate you get. That is savage for these houses long term when you add childcare costs. If someone has 20% or 90k, they're probably looking for a bigger house.

The second hand price might be lower (though seller may think theirs is worth the new build price despite grant missing) but conversion will be up at 20k possibly anyway.

The roof design on the older houses is completely wrong for converting, both the height and internal layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 UnaAnn

Hi thanks for responses above, don't know how to reply properly. We have a booking deposit down on a terraced house in the crescent but I'm still concerned for pyrite after reading through the comments. Does anyone know if this area was affected, house built in 2005? If it had pyrite and was patched up should we still be provided with a cert? Many thanks

As far as I know it wasn't. I don't remember ever seeing remedial works anywhere on The Cresent.

from Coonans
    Dear Enquirer,

You recently contacted us about Moyglare Hall in Maynooth and there is currently limited availability on the following house types:

3 Bedroom semi-detached c.1,425 sq.ft. - €400,000.
    4 Bedroom Semi-detached c.1,600 sq.ft. - €455,000
    5 Bedroom detached .1,850 sq.ft. - €560,000 (on very large garden). Only 1 available.

For further information please call 01 6286128.

Kind regards,

c298f8d2-bb46-4825-aaa9-5d189b17e5f0.jpg

669d09e5-044d-44e8-97ff-c1830815aa4f.jpg

98cc7649-fd13-4cf7-9aec-0d4ea479fd57.jpg

Advertisement