Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Script

Options
  • 03-09-2012 11:34am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ahead of the release of their highly anticipated new album, #3, The Script have announced that they will play two intimate fan shows in Dublin and Cork this week.

TICKET INFORMATION
    Wednesday 5 September: Cork Opera House
    Tickets €37.00 incl. booking fee
    Tickets ONLY available through Cork Opera House Box Office. This show is Over 16's.

Thursday 6 September: The Academy, Dublin
    Tickets €39.05 incl. booking fee
    Tickets ONLY available through Ticketmaster outlet at St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre. Over 18's I.D. required

Tickets for both shows are on sale from 9am on Tuesday 4th September and are limited to two tickets per person and can only be purchased from the outlets outlined above.

with special guests: The Original Rudeboys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Ahead of the release of their highly anticipated new album, #3, The Script have announced that they will play two intimate fan shows in Dublin and Cork this week.

TICKET INFORMATION
    Wednesday 5 September: Cork Opera House
    Tickets €37.00 incl. booking fee
    Tickets ONLY available through Cork Opera House Box Office. This show is Over 16's.

Thursday 6 September: The Academy, Dublin
    Tickets €39.05 incl. booking fee
    Tickets ONLY available through Ticketmaster outlet at St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre. Over 18's I.D. required

Tickets for both shows are on sale from 9am on Tuesday 4th September and are limited to two tickets per person and can only be purchased from the outlets outlined above.

with special guests: The Original Rudeboys

Was going to bring the girlfriend along to the Cork gig but you can only buy the tickets in person from the Box Office. To those of us who can't queue up for tickets, it's a bit of a disaster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,631 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Very short notice and no promotion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

I'd imagine they're sold out by now for the Academy, anyone know? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

Anyone know if they sold out for the opera house?? couldnt get in there this morning!

Sorry I know stupid question but what does "intimate fan shows" mean please?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sorry I know stupid question but what does "intimate fan shows" mean please?

I presume it means a small crowd, I am sure I read on their website that there were 950 seats in the opera house?? Usually they play to huge crowds of thousands. I have seen them twice, they are brilliant, would love to have brought DH to them- any old excuse LOL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

ash_18x wrote: »
    Anyone know if they sold out for the opera house?? couldnt get in there this morning!

Yep, sold out..Fans waiting in line since 4pm yesterday.

Here's the link for confirmation:

http://www.facebook.com/corkopera

OMG, I am so glad I didn't go in this morning now or send DH up for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

I got two for the Opera house tomorrow night :D Didn't start queuing til 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Was a superb gig last night at the Opera house. Place sold out and they gave it all!

Played a lot of their old stuff as well as some of their new songs!

Only criticism I would have is that the sound was a little poor on Danny's mic in particular but we were in upper circle so perhaps it was perfect if you were in the stalls as speakers were facing straight out!

Great support too from The Original Rude Boys!

• Advertisement

It was brilliant,we were in the upper circle too but we actually thought the sound was great. It was my 5th time seeing them live and saw them in killarney in 2009 & 2011 and supporting take that and u2 in croke park in 2009,both times in killarney i was right at the front of the stage and in 2011 the sound/mic wasn't as good at all. Killarney inec would be about the size of cork opera house so we were pleasantly surprised at how well we could hear from so far back. Thought the new song six degrees of separation was excellent. Was deaf the whole way home from those speakers though,lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Got the new album. Not impressed with it at all. Maybe it's better when performed live, but there's no "standout" tracks on it. It actually sounds more like everything which didn't make the first two albums re-recorded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

After the debacle at the Aviva it was great to see the lads back on form last night at the Cork Opera House.Nothing better than seeing a band like the Script in a small setting.It was an epic night.

Liked the new tune Six Degrees of Separation and If You Could See Me Now was very touching.

Shame they never sang Broken Arrow and Kaleidoscope from the new album.Cracking tunes.

Must say I was pleasantly surprised by the Original Rudeboys.They were really,really good and got the crowd really going.Hope they go onto bigger and better things as they seem a good bunch of lads.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Following their short run of intimate UK dates, The Script have confirmed they will be announcing a full-scale UK tour next week, on Tuesday 18th September. Tickets for the tour will go on sale from 9am on Friday 21st September.

The band have just announced they will confirm the tour next week, with a post on their official Facebook page:

"We'll be announcing the dates of our UK Arena Tour at 8AM Tuesday 18th and tickets will go on sale at 9.30AM Friday 21st. Here's the cool part... You have until tomorrow (Saturday 14th September) midnight to sign up to our mailing list as there will be a limited amount of tickets available to mailing list members before Friday’s sale! Just click the link below (here) to sign up. See you on the road. ;-)"

Got my standing tickets :) Still loads available,just checked Ticketmaster,i'm surprised,they usually sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Anybody got stage times? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nathansredarmy

Does anyone know who's supporting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Does anyone know who's supporting them?

The Original Rudeboys AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nathansredarmy

Well that's a let down was hoping for maybe Ryan Sheridan or something oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

I think Hudson Taylor is another.

It says on their Facebook page somewhere, which support act is performing on each night. :P

• Advertisement

angelll wrote: »
    Got my standing tickets :) Still loads available,just checked Ticketmaster,i'm surprised,they usually sell out.

Did they not sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Dancor wrote: »
    The Original Rudeboys AFAIK.

Just heard TOR are only doing tonight and Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

I'm heading to see the gig later & just wondered if there's a pit at the front of the standing area or is it all one?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

Anyone there last night could tell me roughly what time they were on stage at and what time it finished at?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

On stage 8.55 and finished up 10.30.Very good gig and original rudeboys v good as well. Enjoy

Went to this last night not knowing what to expect, I wouldn't be a fan, and I thought I'd know none of their songs. I knew most of them and they were actually very good! Glad I went.

Advertisement